Wednesday, April 17, 2024
03:20 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Syema is on a distinguished road

Chinese investment is not purely aid with no strings attached. It is loan on high interest rates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old Sunday, January 01, 2017
45th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2016 - Merit 53

Sulehrix is on a distinguished road

Keeping it as short and as straight as possible.

China wants the Corridor due to reasons shared by all of the above participants.

However, such a corridor cannot exist in Pakistan if there are fundamental problems like security etc. Cost of production is increasing in China, its allegedly importing illegal workers from Vietnam, so it needs a secondary option, a country who has lower wage rates and where there is no shortage of unskilled labour (with opportunity to train labour for industries requiring semi-skilled workforce).

Now you can connect the dots. You might have seen establishment of new training centers for vocational training. That's funded by China, for securing its own future. We are just close enough to be getting the spill-over or left-over impact of China's growth.

Construction of infrastructure and power plants is also in line with their OBOR policy as well as enabling our workforce to be used in low value-addition stages such as manual labour and packing etc. in its product supply-chain.

Moreover, you are also missing the point that this port will enable China bolster its Naval fleet and be recognized as a player in the Indian Ocean and hence protect its strategic and economic interests.

The corridor will also enable China to be connected to Iran, where it has already invested heavily in several sectors.

So, CPEC fits into Chinese strategy like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle. We should not be over-awed by Chinese investment, instead, we should ensure that we are watching our interests and enter into contracts which serve our short and long term interests.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sulehrix For This Useful Post:
Cool Mind (Tuesday, January 03, 2017), Dynamo (Sunday, January 01, 2017), étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), Farhan Aftab (Monday, January 02, 2017), The Elegent (Sunday, January 08, 2017)
Old Monday, January 02, 2017

Farhan Aftab is on a distinguished road
Smile

I just want to raise the issue because of the reason written as follows;
First of all i will raise 1st point then i will come to 2nd point;
1. Many centuries earlier when the daughter of king(shahjehan) fell ill and an Englishman came into darbar and asked king to treat his daughter. The king allowed him so when the daughter of the king recovered the king asked Englishman for a prize and the Englishman asked for the permission of trade to India which permission later named as East India Company thus when the trade started Englishmen started observing the system of country very deeply. They found that system is full of corruption,mismanagement,unlawful,injustice and brutuality so they started to plan to counquer the country while gathering an army against the country. When they gained access toward all of lose points of the state then they attacked the country and afterward they ruled here for 90 years and after that two states came into being i.e India and Pakistan after the huge effort by regional leaders and people.
Now i am coming towards the 2nd point;
Pakistan an independent state came into being after an huge effort by Muslims of India and the viruses of corruption,mismanagement,unlawness,injustice and brutuality attacked the state and started replication and because of misfortune the state is not treated with antiserum or antibody not internally as well as externally and and the viruses results in to particular diseases i.e loadsheding,terrorism and other diseases etc. During this all the countries left Pakistan alone approximately except China while proving herself a good friend of Pakistan. While China started to show interest in CPEC in the name of trade or economic coridor and afterward by the grace of Allah Almighty the CPEC completed under the strong supervision of COAS,China and PM of Pakistan. Now the other countries i.e Russia and Iran started showing interest in CPEC. And it is strongly possible that in future India and Afghanistan become part of CPEC.
Now i am coming towards my questions below;
1 What will be the participating countries opinion when they will observe the viruses in the state of Pakistan i.e corruption,mismanagement,unlawness,injustice and brutuallity and diseases (same as when the outsiders saw in the 1st paragraph East India Company)?
2 Russia is the country who have previous rage on us because of war in Afghanistan and Afghanistan is also the country who claimed us that Pakistan is in support of Taliban and India is the country who also remained against us without any reason. Does these countries will remained in the support of their diseased enemy?
3 China is investing 45 billion dollar in CPEC i want to clear that this is not an investment this is a loan full of interest. Does it stabalise or destabelise our national economy while the burden of loans and our GDP coming closer to each other?
Some days before an IMF official raised an important question in a T.V interview that "I am not understanding that the Pakistanis want their country or not?"
This is the humble situation of our country and my request to respected seniors to clear the complications in my paragraph and questions as well?
This was my purpose to start the thread...!
The Following User Says Thank You to Farhan Aftab For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017)
Old Sunday, January 08, 2017

The Elegent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulehrix View Post
Keeping it as short and as straight as possible.

China wants the Corridor due to reasons shared by all of the above participants.

However, such a corridor cannot exist in Pakistan if there are fundamental problems like security etc. Cost of production is increasing in China, its allegedly importing illegal workers from Vietnam, so it needs a secondary option, a country who has lower wage rates and where there is no shortage of unskilled labour (with opportunity to train labour for industries requiring semi-skilled workforce).

Now you can connect the dots. You might have seen establishment of new training centers for vocational training. That's funded by China, for securing its own future. We are just close enough to be getting the spill-over or left-over impact of China's growth.

Construction of infrastructure and power plants is also in line with their OBOR policy as well as enabling our workforce to be used in low value-addition stages such as manual labour and packing etc. in its product supply-chain.

Moreover, you are also missing the point that this port will enable China bolster its Naval fleet and be recognized as a player in the Indian Ocean and hence protect its strategic and economic interests.

The corridor will also enable China to be connected to Iran, where it has already invested heavily in several sectors.

So, CPEC fits into Chinese strategy like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle. We should not be over-awed by Chinese investment, instead, we should ensure that we are watching our interests and enter into contracts which serve our short and long term interests.
Agreed!
CPEC has already remained in controversies we should not further mess up things instead pakistan should work on ensuring its security and early completion.
As far as comparison of east india company and cpec is concerned, we should keep in mind the reasons behind fall of mughal empire, they had neither army nor naval power. On the contrary pakistan knows how to defend its boundaries. Another important point is that today people are politically aware and connected.
Old Sunday, January 08, 2017

CivilHuman is on a distinguished road

CPEC set wrong precedent of inviting Foreign military on Native PORTS..
Old Friday, January 20, 2017

Abbasi786 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Aftab View Post
I want to ask from my respected seniors that cpec as name indicates that is china pakistan economic cooridor and china need a infrastructure in pakistan to transport cargo from china to gawadar to save their tme and distance for transport of cargo
China's investment in infrastructure is acceptable like to deduce obstructions in their way for cargo
But my question is that why they are so interested in our energy sector as well as in several other projects like orange line train,wind energy,coal mining etc....
Although they don't need it i think so
I request the respected seniors to guide me properly about this that is it development of our country or destruction of our country
people are naming it because Chinese due to cpec are indulging in country's internal matters same as east india company did. i am still locating the sources and will share soon

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk
Old Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Irfan atta Khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Aftab View Post
I just want to raise the issue because of the reason written as follows;
First of all i will raise 1st point then i will come to 2nd point;
1. Many centuries earlier when the daughter of king(shahjehan) fell ill and an Englishman came into darbar and asked king to treat his daughter. The king allowed him so when the daughter of the king recovered the king asked Englishman for a prize and the Englishman asked for the permission of trade to India which permission later named as East India Company thus when the trade started Englishmen started observing the system of country very deeply. They found that system is full of corruption,mismanagement,unlawful,injustice and brutuality so they started to plan to counquer the country while gathering an army against the country. When they gained access toward all of lose points of the state then they attacked the country and afterward they ruled here for 90 years and after that two states came into being i.e India and Pakistan after the huge effort by regional leaders and people.
Now i am coming towards the 2nd point;
Pakistan an independent state came into being after an huge effort by Muslims of India and the viruses of corruption,mismanagement,unlawness,injustice and brutuality attacked the state and started replication and because of misfortune the state is not treated with antiserum or antibody not internally as well as externally and and the viruses results in to particular diseases i.e loadsheding,terrorism and other diseases etc. During this all the countries left Pakistan alone approximately except China while proving herself a good friend of Pakistan. While China started to show interest in CPEC in the name of trade or economic coridor and afterward by the grace of Allah Almighty the CPEC completed under the strong supervision of COAS,China and PM of Pakistan. Now the other countries i.e Russia and Iran started showing interest in CPEC. And it is strongly possible that in future India and Afghanistan become part of CPEC.
Now i am coming towards my questions below;
1 What will be the participating countries opinion when they will observe the viruses in the state of Pakistan i.e corruption,mismanagement,unlawness,injustice and brutuallity and diseases (same as when the outsiders saw in the 1st paragraph East India Company)?
2 Russia is the country who have previous rage on us because of war in Afghanistan and Afghanistan is also the country who claimed us that Pakistan is in support of Taliban and India is the country who also remained against us without any reason. Does these countries will remained in the support of their diseased enemy?
3 China is investing 45 billion dollar in CPEC i want to clear that this is not an investment this is a loan full of interest. Does it stabalise or destabelise our national economy while the burden of loans and our GDP coming closer to each other?
Some days before an IMF official raised an important question in a T.V interview that "I am not understanding that the Pakistanis want their country or not?"
This is the humble situation of our country and my request to respected seniors to clear the complications in my paragraph and questions as well?
This was my purpose to start the thread...!
That cure and ensuing East India company incident and todays CPEC has a wedge of time of 400 years in between, how sensible you are to draw comparison between two different eras.

"There was corruption and There is corruption" and "there were Britain and now there is China" this is the quintessential base of your concerns or question and that is too fragile to forge conspiracy theories again lasting friendship of China and Pak.

Epidemic of corruption and chaos in the bygone Mugal era was fueled by an ineffective central government or not having a strong federal system of governance on account of which the nature of corruption was of a different kind compared to current Pakistan which was linked to non Muslim states mutiny and acute civil unrest which was detrimental to the integrity of a mammoth Mugal kingdom. On the other in current Pakistan the kind of corruption which is pervasive is monetary and moral corruption which is far, far from being morphed into states or provinces mutiny against federal government of Pakistan on the bases of religion or different language. Our institutions seem corrupt and this corruption is linked with inept management and policies which can slow down the governance but can't pose threat to federal govt of Pak.

Thus, Pakistan is not on the verge of being slipped into the hands of China to be colonized due to the simple reasons of corruption and China has no such dastardly ambitions to take over the CLEVER Pakistan with NO lucrative purpose in sight.
China is just using its most faithful alley in the region and Pakistan is willing to be used happily due to having no other option.

And btw what was your 2nd question except the far fetching anecdotes?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irfan atta Khan For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), Farhan Aftab (Sunday, February 12, 2017)
Old Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Farhan Aftab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfan atta Khan View Post
That cure and ensuing East India company incident and todays CPEC has a wedge of time of 400 years in between, how sensible you are to draw comparison between two different eras.

"There was corruption and There is corruption" and "there were Britain and now there is China" this is the quintessential base of your concerns or question and that is too fragile to forge conspiracy theories again lasting friendship of China and Pak.

Epidemic of corruption and chaos in the bygone Mugal era was fueled by an ineffective central government or not having a strong federal system of governance on account of which the nature of corruption was of a different kind compared to current Pakistan which was linked to non Muslim states mutiny and acute civil unrest which was detrimental to the integrity of a mammoth Mugal kingdom. On the other in current Pakistan the kind of corruption which is pervasive is monetary and moral corruption which is far, far from being morphed into states or provinces mutiny against federal government of Pakistan on the bases of religion or different language. Our institutions seem corrupt and this corruption is linked with inept management and policies which can slow down the governance but can't pose threat to federal govt of Pak.

Thus, Pakistan is not on the verge of being slipped into the hands of China to be colonized due to the simple reasons of corruption and China has no such dastardly ambitions to take over the CLEVER Pakistan with NO lucrative purpose in sight.
China is just using its most faithful alley in the region and Pakistan is willing to be used happily due to having no other option.

And btw what was your 2nd question except the far fetching anecdotes?
My Brother i was mentioned in my post that i am asking these Questions from the respected senior members of this forum but sorry to say that you are not the respected senior member of this forum
Sorry gentleman you are failed to full fill the eligibility criteria
Old Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Breaking Bad is on a distinguished road

Nice to see comparisons being made between china and East India company..East India comp started during queen elizabeth era.Some rich merchants mostly aristocrats sought permission frm queen elizabeth 1 to grant permission to trade with china and india.It was a totally independent agency free from the control of crown.It made trade.it developed strong man power and ruled the sea ruotes of the world untill the British crown seized it and took it under its control.I would say it was a blow for east India cz east india was a giant corporation n powerful entity and so independent.I am watching BBC1 tv series Taboo.Its basically about an important sea route which is a point of contention between the crown and east india company and a third party (my favrt Tom hardy as James Delaney ).East india company is shown as a real b*****d.a sinister multinational corp and a spy agency who called the prince regent a "fool".It was nodoubt the most sinister thing ever happened.n it crippled the mughal power.It was a goliath of its time.a dragon grown out of proportions.I feel so strongly about it.it used money,coercion blackmailing and according to the series it was doin slave trade.importing slaves from Antigua to work on their tea farms.i am obssessing over it these days.sorry for digressing from the topic.You guys shd definitely see Taboo on BBC1 every saturday.You ll see the east India guys red faces n their scheming evil minds n sarcastic n cutting remarks n their spying capabilities.I feel pity for the mughal kings.they were indeed dealing with the devil of their times.
Old Thursday, February 23, 2017

Abbasi786 is on a distinguished road

A must read

http://www.dawn.com/news/1316250/chi...tani-languages