Tuesday, April 23, 2024
12:41 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Farhan Aftab is on a distinguished road
Wink CPEC or a modified east india company

I want to ask from my respected seniors that cpec as name indicates that is china pakistan economic cooridor and china need a infrastructure in pakistan to transport cargo from china to gawadar to save their tme and distance for transport of cargo
China's investment in infrastructure is acceptable like to deduce obstructions in their way for cargo
But my question is that why they are so interested in our energy sector as well as in several other projects like orange line train,wind energy,coal mining etc....
Although they don't need it i think so
I request the respected seniors to guide me properly about this that is it development of our country or destruction of our country
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farhan Aftab For This Useful Post:
comp Engr (Friday, December 09, 2016), étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), hadia hassan (Thursday, December 22, 2016), Rabia Hydro (Friday, January 13, 2017), Zareen Gul Khan (Friday, December 09, 2016)
Old Friday, December 09, 2016

theloyalgreen is on a distinguished road

Count me in, same opinion and a new born theories are taking place in my mind that why China is taking so much interest in this ill-managed and enigmatic territory! This vast interest in economy and such heavy investments can not only for some Peanut BUCKS but can be dwelling and dragging us to more and more debts and dependence on sole economy, a foresight can depict a similar past event in sub-continent, history had witnessed such event but we are not taking any good lesson from it and exposing ourselves to great threats, we are already compromised in many terms and economy is kinda linger on aid and dependency.. In-spite of these facts, let see where we will land in nearby future, whether it acts as GAME CHANGER or SOVEREIGN CHALLENGER.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theloyalgreen For This Useful Post:
hadia hassan (Thursday, December 22, 2016), Zareen Gul Khan (Friday, December 09, 2016)
Old Friday, December 09, 2016

Zareen Gul Khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloyalgreen View Post
Count me in, same opinion and a new born theories are taking place in my mind that why China is taking so much interest in this ill-managed and enigmatic territory! This vast interest in economy and such heavy investments can not only for some Peanut BUCKS but can be dwelling and dragging us to more and more debts and dependence on sole economy, a foresight can depict a similar past event in sub-continent, history had witnessed such event but we are not taking any good lesson from it and exposing ourselves to great threats, we are already compromised in many terms and economy is kinda linger on aid and dependency.. In-spite of these facts, let see where we will land in nearby future, whether it acts as GAME CHANGER or SOVEREIGN CHALLENGER.
Very meaningful thought... Let us think regarding this .

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk
Old Wednesday, December 14, 2016

MHassaan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Aftab View Post
I want to ask from my respected seniors that cpec as name indicates that is china pakistan economic cooridor and china need a infrastructure in pakistan to transport cargo from china to gawadar to save their tme and distance for transport of cargo
China's investment in infrastructure is acceptable like to deduce obstructions in their way for cargo
But my question is that why they are so interested in our energy sector as well as in several other projects like orange line train,wind energy,coal mining etc....
Although they don't need it i think so
I request the respected seniors to guide me properly about this that is it development of our country or destruction of our country
It is true that China should only concerned with the ''economic corridor'' and should not bother about the energy projects being planned in various parts of Pakistan along with some transportation infrastructures.But recent announcement from China regarding it's further investment of 150Bn$ after the completion of CPEC (54Bn$) has made it quite clear that China wants to pursue more than just CPEC.It will not be a gainsaying that China in addition to CPEC is in a quest of finding another big market in the region.Currently, it has exports of 9Bn$ in Pakistan as compared to India where the share is much bigger and both share a trade volume of 70Bn$ .But unlike Pakistan there is a possibility of deterioration of relations with India i.e over water conflicts etc.In addtion to this,the ease with which China can invest in Pakistan is much greater in magnitude as compared to India.Now coming back to core discussion,I would say that in order to support the corridor route and secure the future investments of China in Pakistan a huge demand of energy is inenvitable.Moreover China doesn't want any sort of impediment in the smooth transportation of it's goods from Gawadar to Kashgar and vice versa.By fortunate luck ,this initaive of power generation will not only be fruitful for China but also the host country .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MHassaan For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), hadia hassan (Thursday, December 22, 2016)
Old Monday, December 19, 2016

De Despot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloyalgreen View Post
Count me in, same opinion and a new born theories are taking place..... GAME CHANGER or SOVEREIGN CHALLENGER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Aftab View Post
I want to ask ... is it development of our country or destruction of our country
Lets get straight.
Why China can't be interested in factors beyond CPEC in Pakistan.
Because: China is a business-oriented state that is more interested in selling and buying than hegemonizing others. For Pakistan is already a neo-colony of China. Pakistan is increasingly getting more and more dependent on Dragons (PRC) after falling from the jaws of Eagle (US) .

Why is CPEC more than a route to China?
CPEC will not be mere a road to run the wheels on for China.
CPEC will be a shortcut shortening the current travelling route distance of 13000kms to 2500kms to the Middle East along with reducing travelling time from 45 days to 10 days. Very importantly CPEC to China would be a prospect of skipping Strait of Malacca to avoid any interruption and obstacle by US's increasing supremacy in the South-Pacific region.

Why is China interested in Pakistan's infrastructure and so then?
China is interested in CPEC which would be constructed on Pakistan's land; therefore how could China in his 51 agreements with Pakistan ignore interests of Pakistan putting bare his personal interests alone. It is most probably the reason: China is facilitating Pakistan in electricity producing projects along with helping in other infrastructural areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to De Despot For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017)
Old Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Zohaib Islam Kalwar is on a distinguished road
Default CPEC Energy projects

Well in my opinion China is investing in energy projects because of two main reasons:

Firstly, these energy are Chinese investments in Pakistan which would create profits in the future.

Second and more important reason is that China, unlike US, is trying to create influence in the foreign colonies by manifesting itself as savior of the impoverished nations which is already evident in the countries like Angola, Pakistan, Philippines and other countries.
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), hadia hassan (Thursday, December 22, 2016)
Old Thursday, December 22, 2016

Farhan Aftab is on a distinguished road

Thanks bros but sill we are waiting a detailed reply from a respected senior member....!
Old Thursday, December 22, 2016

LUTUF ALI is on a distinguished road

I heard a chinese analyst describing increased interest in CPEC as follow.
OBOR included two routs to access sea, on through PAKISTAN and other through BAGLADesh INDIA MAYMAR, know as CBIM. with shift of the USA from pivot to SA , to pivot to South East Asia, CBIM become difficult , and at large OBOR also. So President took personal interest in CPEC . I will be a advertisement or simply a prototype which will serve to show other states that OBOR is possible. So government allowed loans as low as 2 or 5 percent .

however , according to me it have more strategic value than economic, as recently Russia hinted to connect it with Euroasian Economic Union.
do this: search maps for CPEC , EEU and OBOR. what you will notice it is a new block may be a new cold war . India has chose the wrong side this time. China's OBOR successfully avoid indian if CBIM does not become reality.

what does Pakistan get:1) ofcourse electricity , prices may increase but loadsheding will decrease. 2) not sure how much we will gain from raod, as tool tax however 3) road though Gilgit will reaffirm Gilgit as Pakistan's part instead of diputed region, moreover 4) Balochistan will have some economic activities which will mainstream the region. and we will have chinese as regional language

and most importantly bigB india is annoyed , you know we love to annoy india more than anything else .
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), Farhan Aftab (Tuesday, December 27, 2016)
Old Friday, December 23, 2016

Irfan atta Khan is on a distinguished road

China, certainly, has its own economical and social stakes involved with the deal but its totally irrational and unfair to look China nd colonialists in the same vein.
The colossal China is dependant on its export oriented economy which is under threat of US intervention/influence in the South China sea, US could neutralize China's exporting machinery on the possibility of war with China. An alternative like Gawadar facilitated by CPEC is immensely important for China. Not only gawadar route minimizes the distance to less than half its safe and cost efficient.

As for, why China is keen to steer Pakistan out of energy crisis and facilitating with locomotives. China want a stable and prosperous region to be surrounded by, so that insurgent elements and extremism doesn't get filtered in China and contaminate its Muslims majority provinces bordering with Pakistan and Afghanistan.
The other reason is that China wants Pakistan to be able to keep pace with India in order to keep India entangled in regional issues viz a viz a powerful adversary in Pak so that India wouldn't be able to take a step out and seek permanent membership in UN.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irfan atta Khan For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Tuesday, February 21, 2017)
Old Saturday, December 24, 2016

Dynamo is on a distinguished road
Default Chinese Colony

Though CPEC seems to be a project aimed at economic uplift of Pakistan. But we must not ignore this fact that Pakistan would become Chinese Colony in the near future.
Even now the developments are showing that the areas from where the CPEC route will passs, will be under total control of China.
We can not say that it is exactly another East India Company but they both will be quite similar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamo For This Useful Post:
Hidden motive (Monday, January 09, 2017)