CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   ridiculous interpretations (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/1147-ridiculous-interpretations.html)

Whispering Death Friday, October 14, 2005 06:42 AM

ridiculous interpretations

While waiting down at a hospital today I happened to overhear a conversation going on five steps ahead of me.. it went something like..

One person to the other: “ musalman apnay gunahon ki saza bhugat rahe hain” *referring to the Quake* the other one: “Allah ka azaab hai.. pehle Indonesia hun pakistan.”

I wanted to walk upto them n ask ..“Who gave you the ability to declare all this is happening as a result of peoples' sins? I didn't know you were privy to God's knowledge.”

… But then I didn’t.

Why are we assuming that a natural disaster is necessarily related to sinning? So many children died, what was it so sinful that they did to deserve death at such young age then?

Muhammad T S Awan Friday, October 14, 2005 08:42 AM

AOA

yeah u r right, it is definitely from Allah,

but in fact, it is the testing time, as revealed on certain occassions that HE tests the righteous by trapping them into troubles,

as regards the mindset of pple u mentioned, we can pray 'may Allah show them the right path'

however, you could have moved five steps above, for telling them the thing, which was in ur heart/mind, perhaps their thinking point would have been changed slightly

COP Friday, October 14, 2005 03:55 PM

Thoughts

Dear All,

I must Opine to promulgate a fact regarding ppl with different mindsets.They could be educated as well as non-educated, could be religious or athiests woteva they are, every one has dignified opinions about what's been going on and around.

Sameera If I were you, I would have taken part in the discussion to serve any misunderstandings, We dont have a right figure regarding the death toll in kashmir crisis for now but Allah almighty said " There will be an era when pious, children and women will be killed among the sinners" .

Do we agree.

Healthy criticism is expected .

Saeed

THE 1 Friday, October 14, 2005 05:31 PM

Nothing ridiculous about it...

I won't argue much over here, but all i want to say is that I believe that whatever misfortune befalls us, does not happen without the will of ALLAH. Also, ALLAH has punished nations before us, and among those who were killed in punishments were children too. We cannot simply justify saying that what were the sins committed by the children who got killed... This was not a punishment for the people who died only, this is a punishment for the whole nation. Accept it or not. All of us, including me, need to repent for our sins and pray to ALLAH that he does not have to send more signs of anger over us... Qur'an has quoted at many points that such disasters do not occur for nothing, there is a reasoning behind every disaster. For all those who believe, i would like to share the following link that quotes the Qur'an:

[url]http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503547936&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar[/url]

Oh ALLAH forgive us...AMEEN

Regards,

[I][B]BUSHaRRaF[/B][/I]

Leonidas Friday, October 14, 2005 07:17 PM

I agree with Busharraf here :)

Abdullah Friday, October 14, 2005 08:20 PM

Do Read it B4 inferring any conclusion ! !

The earth quakes
(THE NEWS oct-14)
Quantum Note

Dr. Muzaffar Iqbal

Geologists have a convincing explanation: major earthquakes happen when tectonic plates beneath large mountains shift and snap. A great deal of seismic activity normally takes place beneath the mountains, but remains unnoticed by all except for a handful of experts studying the mountains until the earth quakes. And when it quakes, it takes its toll, ruining millions of lives. All of this has nothing to do with the One Who created the mountains and the earth as well as those who suffer when the earth quakes, we are made to believe. Sufficient explanation has been provided by science and that is the end of the story, and we are asked to believe. Even the creation of mountains and those who live on earth has been explained away by science. In short, all these scientific explanations have removed God from the equation.

These are relatively new explanations. They have only emerged in the wake of the Scientific Revolution of the seventeenth century and have been adopted as the official religion of the scientific community during the preceding three centuries, rendering all other explanations "unscientific", and hence somehow flawed. Until their appearance, humanity believed in a Creator Who was actively present in the affairs of those who lived upon earth, as well as in what happened below it. But modern science calls these beliefs superstitions. This reigning scientific orthodoxy has not only removed the hand of God from human and natural affairs, it has also left humanity in a state of despair -- for if earthquakes can be explained away in terms of the movement of tectonic plates, and all that happens on earth in terms of randomly occurring chances, giving birth to the fittest species, then there remains neither any purpose in life, nor any direction for the moral and spiritual life of humanity. This tyranny of science is not only widely accepted, it has become a pseudo religion with followers who wish to hear no one but the experts, who wish to understand everything in terms imposed by science. But in a tragic situation like the one now faced by millions of people in Pakistan, science can provide neither answers nor solace; it can merely explain away the devastation.

Human beings have a spirit capable of feeling pain and anguish at the departure of their loved ones, and they have needs far beyond the physical needs dictated by hormones and glands.

They have a spiritual life which originates in their very fitrah, the innate nature, upon which they have been created. And built within this fitrah is an awareness of the Creator Who fashioned man out of clay and inserted Spirit to give life to this earthy creature.

This life has been created for a purpose and for a fixed duration, and no amount of scientific knowledge can increase or decrease this fixed duration assigned to each soul as its period of residence on earth. What causes the departure from earth is also pre-ordained and the soul arrives at the place from where it is destined to be taken away. This is not mere dogma; centuries of collective human experience and wisdom testify to this truth and it remains a clearly understood truth for all whose hearts have not been corrupted.

Calamities are not the work of nature, for nature has no authority to create them. Likewise, the so-called laws of nature are not the product of nature; they have been created by the One Who created nature. No calamity befalls a community without a reason and though when the earth quakes, the secondary causes can be ascribed to the movement of tectonic plates and explained in terms of geological data, these explanations remain secondary, for science has no answer for primary questions beginning with a "Why"; it can only tell us "How". Indeed, all that happens below and above earth is causal, that is, there are causes for events, but these causes are both physical and spiritual. Science provides answers for the physical causes; in general, it remains unaware of the presence of spiritual causes.

No calamity of the kind that befell Pakistan happens without spiritual causes, age-old wisdom tells us. The people of `Ad and the Thamud were wiped out from the face of earth through a calamity like the one witnessed on October 8, 2005; those who lived at the time of Nuh (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) were victims of a flood like of which they had never seen before and all of these so-called natural calamities have been recognized as results of the spiritual decay of these communities. This has been the case for centuries. Every community that witnessed a disaster of the nature now inflicted on Pakistan, recognized the spiritual causes more than the physical causes. Only now, do we tend to forget the main cause and concentrate on the secondary causes.

Indeed, there is a lesson in what happened on October 8, and a warning: the hand of God is not cut off from human affairs, and whatever direction Pakistani polity has chosen in recent years, is clearly not in accordance with the high spiritual life that was envisioned for this polity when it was established. Of course, thousands of innocent lives have perished, but that too, is a blessing for them. This does not lessen the pain and suffering of those who are left behind, but for those who remain steadfast and patient a great reward awaits in the Hereafter, for no calamity befalls them except that they say: Inna lil'Llahi wa inna alaihi raji`un, Indeed, we are from Allah and to Him we return

The writer is a freelance columnist

Whispering Death Saturday, October 15, 2005 02:46 AM

this whole 'Allah is punishing us' or ‘Allah is punishing them’ school of thought appears to be grounded more in ignorance than common sense… it seems rather arrogant to presume that you know why Allah creates such disasters.. similarly those who say that Allah is NOT punishing the victims are also in the same boat… how do we know if Allah is or is not punishing those who live in Islamabad or Kashmir or texas ?

@ BusharraF: just out of curiosity, what did this scholar say after hurrican Katrina and Rita?

im not saying wid surety that this isnt Allah's wrath but i object to those who say they KNOW it is.. sure these events ARE Signs from Allah swt, no doubt about that..but its not necessarily a punishment.. couldnt it be a warning or a trial? or a test to see how humane we r? or maybe jus a reminder that Death is always near?

m sorry.. i shudnt ve posted this controversial post in the first place.. especially at this time.. when we shud be offering care rather than judging.. but ppl went as far as saying it happened cuz "Pakistan started ramadhan a day later than the rest of the world"… well it jus made me mad!

ok .. no more discussion.

it did come from Allah swt and he did ve a purpose… lets leave it at that

THE 1 Saturday, October 15, 2005 06:43 AM

no arguments...

well yes, all punishments are basically a warning to those who are left alive. But yes, lets not discuss it. May ALLAH forgive us if we have made any false comments around here.

And as far as starting Ramadan one day late is concerned, then i think i have an explanation for that. Some of you might remember that on Oct. 3rd, there was a solar eclipse that lasted from somewhere around noon to somewhere in the evening aroun 6:30pm. the moon is supposed to appear right after maghrib prayers which was around 6:25pm that day. People tried to look for the moon but they couldn't see cuz the sun had just moved out of an eclipse but the earth might still be blocking the light that exposes the moon.... i know it seems a bit far-fetched but seemed like a logical explanation to me. No, i don't wanna argue over it, just something i wanted to share.

Regards,

[I][B]BUSHaRRaF[/B][/I]

Muhammad T S Awan Saturday, October 15, 2005 08:49 AM

AoA

dear Allah is the greatest, the most merciful and the most gracious

HE is also great in a sense that all the things/actions made by HIM are systematic and no can get any fault in his actions

HE made system for hurricanes, floods, and also of earthquakes

but you pple would agree that scientists can predict the movement of coulds and air currents

but so far as earthquakes are concerned, no one can (i suppose)

All things are from Allah, we cannot even move a single foot without HIS willing

you see the earthquakes are deemed as caused by movement of tectonic plates or volcanism etc., so system is there, better to say a well defined system is there

as i pasted some where else that this is the testing time, it is inscribed that Allah tries HIS creatures in trials to test the righteous

may Allah bless all of us and show the right path and forgive us of all of our sins done, consciously or un-consciously

Chilli Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:02 AM

Here, we'd like to start with the words of the prominent Muslim scholar, the late Saudi scholar Sheikh ibn Baz, in which he states the following:

When there is an earthquake or some other sign such as an eclipse, strong winds, or floods, we should hasten to repent to Allah and pray to Him for safety, and to remember Him much and to seek His forgiveness, as the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) reported to have said when there was an eclipse: [B]“If you see anything like that, hasten to remember Him, call on Him, and seek His forgiveness.”[/B]

It is also mustahab (recommended) to show compassion to the poor and needy, and to give charity to them, because the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said: [B]“Show mercy, so that you will be shown mercy.” [/B] The Prophet also said: [B]“Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the Most Merciful. Have mercy on those who are on earth, and the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.”[/B]

05:07 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.