Thursday, April 18, 2024
06:50 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, October 15, 2005
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice
Default Democracy at crossroads in Pakistan!

Salaam,

Dear fellows, I would request you all to present your views on "Democracy in Crisis in Pakistan".

Looking forward for replies. Please do stop by here to write a few words!

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Monday, October 17, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Mr Memon, its always a pleasure interacting with you, and your intellectual responses are always welcome and appreciated.

Coming back to the topic, I will write a detail response later, but do wanna write the initial pointers, here they come:

Democracy comes with accountability, civil and military institutions should be part of the governmental hierarchy, but not on the top. Judicial institutions be independent, to create the check and balance, and enforce the law of the land. Same goes to political parties in the parliament to work effectively as a legislative body, but not as bunch of hooligans on the road.

I think it's the whole system that needs overhauling, becuase they've been so ripped a part from their very foundation or concept, because of the perception of "JIS KI LAATHI USS KA BANDAR."

Second point being, we cannot afford to be following people who think it's okay to leave pakistan but hijack its politics. The bottom line being you are either in or you are out, because in 50 years of history there are only handful of families that are the part of power politics and the rest of the nation is on the sidelines being dictated from these figures.

Sadly to say, but in terms of democratic structure, we don't need to look any further than india. They in 50 some yrs created a trend to build effective democratic institutions, and we on the other side still scrambling to make our peace with the country's constitution.

Personally, I am not for any particular political parties, but seems to me that religious parties are the people who stick to their country and forwarding their objectives by staying in and playing a role, good or bad that's for the masses to decide.

There's a lot that needs to said, but I will stop until my next post.

Thanks.
Old Monday, October 17, 2005
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Default Quite true

I am in total agreement with mr. Ding Dong. Also, i would like to share this link with you. I was quite surprised to read such a report in a British newspaper like Guardian:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...593234,00.html

Your opinions are most welcome.

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF
Old Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Feel free to criticize:

I firmly believe that the reason why secular vision for the Islamic societies have failed so miserably over time is because the secular ideology has its root in western philosophy, that includes their history and precedents and religious events and whole lot of stuff. But if one try to bring the same concept into the Islamic societies and call it as a democracy, it is no different than imposing a dictatorship over the masses.

Since, pakistan being the ideological in the Islamic roots, at least the reason for gaining independence. Than one should definitely look at the Islamic philosophy of governance, its precedents the history, then one can definitely can come to a conclusion that democracy is not the creation of western society, or at least not championed by them. It was certainly the muslim societies that once practice it all.

I think the problem with the contemporary muslim societies is that we are very illiterate with the whole setup of society in the light of Islamic values. Part of the reason is that, we as a muslims redicule each other for what we are, and always sought the help of others, as if they have solution to all our problems.

But it is the lack of knowledge in religion, its philosophy and all other aspects of life in the Islamic society. It is one thing to teach a child to recite Quran, but another to have them understand the core teaching that is revealed to the followers by Allah through Mohammad PBUH.

It is just like "KAWWA CHALA HANS KI CHAAL AUR APNI CHAAL BHOOL GAYA," and that is what happening with the Islamic world in general, and pakistan in particular. It is because of these illiterate university graduates, that we do not have clue as to what the future hold for our great country.

Religion cannot be enforced to practice, but it needs to be understood to practice and that is exactly what we lack. Until we educate ourselves as to what we mean by democracy, by going beyond one word and analyze the personna of it through Western thought and Islamic thought, and see for ourselves what is good, I don't think we are gonna go any where.

Part of the reason we despise MULLAHS in our country is because GORA SAHAB despise them as well. Let me elaborate on this point, we as a society no longer judge people through their character and wisdom, but judge them through the eyes of GORA SAHAB. Otherwise, half of the assembly be declared unfit to rule and majority of the ministers will be thrown in jail, because they are nowhere close to being a good character and wisdom, let's just say they are good in taking dictations.

I am in no way defending one part of the society to the other, but we need to realize that how long can we keep up like this?

Just to give you a brief example, If you analyze the part of History where muslims were flourishing, it was these GORA SAHAB who used to travel to our lands to seek the knowledge, more like what we are doing today. But, they certainly did not change their lifestyle and modeled it after muslim society, and did not forget their identity. So why are we? seeking education in a foreign land is not a bad thing, but forget your roots and identity is. But, how can we balme these people if we as a society did not properly educate them of what their identity is.

At last, I just do not get this term of ENLIGHTEN MODERATION, because ISLAM is the moderation "MAYANA RAWI."

Therefore SECULARISM = DICTATORSHIP, it is not democracy, unless we somehow change our religion and try to become GORA SAHAB, even then we will be looked at as COLORED PEOPLE.

Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong in any of my arguments.
Old Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Once again, I completely agree...

A very good analysis of Pakistan's current crisis. Had we been non-muslims, the so-called democracy that the West boasts of could have succeeded in our country. But fortunately, we are muslims, and we cannot succeed unless we stick to our religion which is our identity.

Kamal Ata-Turk hadn't done much different to Turkey than what our president is trying to do today to Pakistan. To this day, even though the Turkish nation has forgotten its identity(religion) and sacrificed everything, to this day the European Union has not accepted it as a part of EU (just as Mr. Ding Dong has mentioned, no matter what we do, we'll be bloody asians), besides, the Qur'an has clearly said that you can never please the Christians or the Jews unless you embrace their religion...

anyways, gotta go right now. Later insha'ALLAH,

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF