Friday, April 19, 2024
03:11 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, March 18, 2018

tw9kle is on a distinguished road
Default Structure of CSS Examination

I like to seek advice from users here what can be done to make sure candidates selected in civil service are service minded people. Success of country is determined by well being of people. Civil servants are custodian of trust that they will do their "job" to honestly serve the people in whatever capacity they are placed. It is the service they are paid for and given the facilities. If I go to office, of any Government office, I should get service. I should not feel I am giving some service or the person is doing me a favor. I want to know where in the test this service minded is tested and if not tested, all other things tested are totally useless. Moreover, like to know if IQ, problem solving and logical thinking skills of candidates are tested or not. And if not why not?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tw9kle For This Useful Post:
blue berry (Thursday, March 22, 2018), Weirdd (Thursday, June 14, 2018)
Old Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw9kle View Post
I like to seek advice from users here what can be done to make sure candidates selected in civil service are service minded people. Success of country is determined by well being of people. Civil servants are custodian of trust that they will do their "job" to honestly serve the people in whatever capacity they are placed. It is the service they are paid for and given the facilities. If I go to office, of any Government office, I should get service. I should not feel I am giving some service or the person is doing me a favor. I want to know where in the test this service minded is tested and if not tested, all other things tested are totally useless. Moreover, like to know if IQ, problem solving and logical thinking skills of candidates are tested or not. And if not why not?

Civil Servants are capable enough to alleviate the woes of masses. However, it is the system which hampers the public service not the civil servant. Therefore, we need to change the system by depoliticisation of bureaucracy, granting bureaucracy functional autonomy and linking transfers and promotion to performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
Weirdd (Thursday, June 14, 2018)

Default Physcological Test

There is some comprehension problem as your reply is very irrelevant. My question is what is needed to test service mindedness of people employed by civil service. What is needed in the test? May be some voluntary activities or psychological test is needed? Because service minded is the most basic requirement of civil service. And work ethic to "do the job". In multinationals, such psychological tests are common basically to test team working skills that cannot be tested in paper or computer test.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Roll no. 16770

fawadhash is on a distinguished road

Psychological test and interview both test the suitability of a candidate for service. Written is test of knowledge whereas psychological test and interview a test of suitability.
Old Thursday, March 22, 2018

Default CSS exam structure is backward and outdated

I think we take this issue lightly. Interview can never test the behavior of person which can only be determined from people in action. People fake their attitude in interview. Everybody will say in interview that they are joining this job because they want to "serve" people not "rule" or "govern" them. In Democracy rule and governance is done by people representatives. Therefore when civil servants say there should be no interference it is stupid of them to say this in democratic system. Performance of whole civil servants bunch is very very substandard in terms of their service mindedness. Embassies all over world are notorious they do not care or do the job to serve Pakistani diaspora. Same is case with other departments. Who ever is taking the interviews or test are leaking wrong kind of people who are not service minded at all and creating a messy country as a result. This is most important issue. Knowledge can be acquired at any age. It is stupid to test knowledge when there is no direction application of such knowledge in one's job. People need to be tested what the job is about. And job is to serve people. Service mindedness is top requirement of civil service. If someone is not attentive to people needs, abusive and treating people bad in their office, there is no use of his knowledge or whatever he has written in CSS exams. This whole CSS exam is just another example of muddled thinking and "stupidity at scale", generally found in our country.
The Following User Says Thank You to tw9kle For This Useful Post:
Old Friday, March 23, 2018

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough
Default Structure of CSS Examination

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw9kle View Post
There is some comprehension problem as your reply is very irrelevant. My question is what is needed to test service mindedness of people employed by civil service. What is needed in the test? May be some voluntary activities or psychological test is needed? Because service minded is the most basic requirement of civil service. And work ethic to "do the job". In multinationals, such psychological tests are common basically to test team working skills that cannot be tested in paper or computer test.

You are arguing for better screening of civil servant for service delivery; however, empirical evidence suggests that service delivery cannot be improved even if you hire top notch people for civil service since System isn’t directed towards public service. Of what use the perfect civil servant would be if System doesn’t allow them to assuage the woes of the masses ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, March 29, 2018
Banned

Maha Ali Khan is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Is there any change in the structure?