Tuesday, April 23, 2024
03:39 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, August 19, 2007
Member of the Month June 2007/ July 2007

STRAIN2 will become famous soon enoughSTRAIN2 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Hum Loge Kitnay Saada Hien

AOA

1. Thanks for the LONG LIST you have pasted. My question is.....agar itnay hi SOOPER DOOPER bomb tyaar kiyey huyey hien tou UNCLE BUSH ke paas kya lenay jaatey hien hamary politicians.

2. The first rule of DEVELOPMENT in any country is considered as;
a) EDUCATION
b) ECONOMICS
c) POWER.

I will analyze only on POWER right now (keeping in view the discussion on the main topic). Waisay bhi EDUCATION and ECONOMICS par mein na bhi baat karun tou yeh koi chupi huyi cheeze nahi.

Ask yourself brother, which country is the real POWER. Which country is having the most latest and advance state of the art nuclear weapons. Which country can trip your whole nuclear system with a single CLICK. Kis country ke saamnay apna JHOLA phela kar aap F-16 maangtey hien? Kahan jaati hai us waqt in tamaam logon ki GHERAT aur MEDALS jin ka aap nai zikar kya?. Which country can fill their planes while flying? Which country has the most SPACE stations???........who can watch a single inch of your land? who can tell the optical number of your spectacles? Who is monitoring all the telecomunication systems of the world? Yes you are right....your answer would be AMERICA. After America comes Britian, Germany, France, Italy and Russia...then comes China and INDIA. Now compare this with Islamic countries. Guns, riffles and all other weapons used by Islamic countries including Pakistan is coming from these countries. This is what you are proud of? Sir guns ki baat kartey hien, hum tou un guns ke liyey BULLETS bhi christians se letey hien.

You need to get the real POWER to prove yourself POWERFUL in front of others. Aap nai pata nahi kon kon se GHOREY ginwa diyey hien ham sab ko.

Hum 1.5 arab muslims (aur Pakistan bhi un mein included hai) jo aik GUN tak nahi bana sakay aur aik international university nahi bana sakay, hum samajhtay hien keh hum nai GHOREY tyaar kar liyey hien....aur chalien hain ab AURTOUN ko tyaar karnay....wo bhi CO-EDUCATION ke zariyey.

Now......Why this all happened...hamaari aisi haalat kyun huyi.... what is the solution to all this....Lets discuss this in coming posts of this thread.

WAQT KARTA HAI PARWARISH BARSON
HAADSA AIK DAM NAHI HOTA

3. Allow me to correct your misunderstanding. I think what you want to say is "CONTEXT of any verse/subject" rather you are mixing it with Shan-e-nazool.

Shan-e-nazul, as i've already discussed, is the circumstances on which the verses of Quran were revealed.

Every ayah must be understood with the complete context of the subject. This is what we all know and understand. What is your point ???? How you link this part with Co-education. Please educate us in this respect.
Anarkali (Monday, August 20, 2007), Faisal86 (Friday, March 23, 2012), kiyani (Tuesday, March 20, 2012), Last Island (Sunday, August 19, 2007), Nourina (Wednesday, September 05, 2007), prieti (Tuesday, August 21, 2007)
Old Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lightbulb Part 1 - hamaari aisi haalat kyun huyi

Dear Forum Members
AOA

I mentioned in my previous post the following;
Quote:
Now......Why this all happened...hamaari aisi haalat kyun huyi.... what is the solution to all this....Lets discuss this in coming posts of this thread.
Part 1 - hamaari aisi haalat kyun huyi

Prior to the advent of Islam, the Israelites were the custodians of Allah’s Book, but when they did not discharge their responsibilities and proved unworthy of the honor conferred upon them, Almighty Allah (SWT) raised a new Ummah (i.e., the Muslims) and vouchsafed His Book to them in the form of the Qur’an.

In Surah Al-Jumu‘ah we have a similitude of the people who did not fulfill the duties that devolved upon them as custodians of Allah’s Book.
This similitude of those who were charged with the (obligation of) Torah, but who subsequently failed in this (obligation) is that of a donkey which carries huge volumes...
(Al-Jumu‘ah 62:5)

In the subsequent part of the ayah, it has been plainly stated that their failure to discharge their obligations towards their Holy Book is tantamount to their denying its truth:
…How bad is the similitude of people who deny the ayaat of Allah….
(Al-Jumu ‘ah 62:5)

The ayah ends in the categorical declaration that it is not in Allah’s nature to grant guidance to such people:
…and Allah guides not the people who are wrongdoers.
(Al-Jumu‘ah 62:5)

Zara ghore karien hum sab...kahien hum se bhi tou kuch aisa nahi ho raha. Are we fulfilling the responsibilities given to us by Allah through Quran. PAKISTAN kis naam par banaya tha. Aur immediately banaanay ke baad us NAAM ka kya huya? bhool gayey? Hindus se kyun lar kar liya tha??

Let us seek Almighty’s protection against our being included among such people with the following prayer so that Allah (SWT) may grant us strength to fulfill the duties we owe to His Book.

O my Lord! Be merciful to us because of (our link) with the Qur’an; make it for us a leader, (and a source of) light, guidance, and mercy, cause us to recall from it what we have failed to understand; give us strength to recite it day and night; and make it a plea for our salvation, O Lord of the worlds. Ameen!
Old Monday, August 20, 2007

Fatima Ali is infamous around these parts

hi to all

i agree with maiji,,,good bro a gud thought,,
wel i want to share something with the hope that this time someone wont call me sick on my thoughts..
islam never imposes its rules forcfully...studying in coeducation is not a big deal,,,one should be strong enuff to keep himself/herself away from unislamic acts and thought....ab is dunya mai iblees bhi hai,,we are ordered to be aware of him,,he is with us all the time but we must go to what ALLAH says,,,so inspite of being in coeducation we must be away from all unislamic acts,,i think thats what makes u a true muslim,,,
studying in a non coed isnt the assurance that u r pious or u can be....jahan burai na ho usme insaan k ache hone ka kia pata chalta hai,,,the matter is if u r in coed,,thre u should know and act like a true muslim.....
and in todays technology,,,internet is almost accessible to each and everyone,,,if a person isnt in coed,,he/she can spoil his/her mind thru net....one should be strong from inside,,,brain and heart should be pure....

@strain
1. Tell me a single VALID reason why MALE & FEMALE cannot study seperately?
Wo kon si study hai jo co-education mein hee possible hai?

wel bro one of the biggest reason is that we are an under developed country
america k kherat khor hain hum,,we cant afford the installation of latest equipments(if any),,labs,,,computers etc etc separately for boys and gals.....

dear bro there are many other important issues on which u can discuss at international level,,,studying in coed isnt a big deal for GOD'S SAKE
i have dawn newspaper infront of me"dawn magazine"
journalism or fiction.....
here is written about some ppl who are writing openly against GOD..
I'LL QUOTE A FEW SNTENCES FROM THERE..
3rd paragrapg 7th line (page 8 MAGAZINE sunday august 19,2007)says:
""the second most popular book is God is Not Great:how religion poisons everything by CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS.this too presents religion as the mother of all problems that the world is facing.""

and.... there are still more sentences which after reading a muslim should challange them inspite of being suffering from the issue of coed or not....

PLS i request all my muslim bros and sisters to broaden ur vision and face the challenges like these,,face ppl who are writing against GOD and religion....
Super Moderator
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Zirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of light

I think some people are distracting from answering the question posted by Anarkali that whether it is prohibited in Islam or not !! am i right ?
Considering the question in mind we all know that yes it is prohibited as we have supporting facts that are mentioned in Islam . We are not here to discuss that whether co education is good , beneficial or whatever , keeping in mind the modern era .. the thread starter is asking something else , and the answer is given authentically by Island Queen with supporting arguments ...
Infact we can criticize on the matter in an another thread questioning abt merits and demerits of co education !!

marshal453 is on a distinguished road

@Strains

I don’t Understand bro, why do we directly stench to U.S lolz we have a history of 60 years jab kae U.S ki azadi 1700's mien hoi thi. More over brother Hazrat Omer Hazrat ali and most of all Allah ki madad kae bawajuud Huzuur nien apperantly humiliating condition par HUDAEBIA DEAL kiuun sign ki?
Maslehaat……….

Hum 1.5 arab muslims (aur Pakistan bhi un mein included hai) jo aik GUN tak nahi bana sakay aur aik international university nahi bana sakay, hum samajhtay hien keh hum nai GHOREY tyaar kar liyey hien....aur chalien hain ab AURTOUN ko tyaar karnay....wo bhi CO-EDUCATION ke zariyey.

Brother mien nien upper
zaraar,APC
khalid( world under five ranking tank)
mufiz APC
hataf
Abdali,
Shaheen(only of its on kind with solid fuel and 90 degree target ht speciality with no patriot of the world can hit it)
Ghaznavi,
Ghuri,
Super 7(world under 10 ranking jet a 3rd generation indigenious fighter jet in competition wit all the new fighters of lock head martin)
aur f7pg

ki misalien dien thien par shyad ap ki nazar sae nahee guzrae

apart of that we do have an Islamic university working in ISLAMABAD with out CO-EDU but as Fatima said and I’ll quote her later.. we cant change it in a blink of eye…

Well fatima quoted a very important reason...

wel bro one of the biggest reason is that we are an under developed country
America k kherat khor hain hum,,we cant afford the installation of latest equipments(if any),,labs ,computers etc separately for boys and gals.....

Compare urself with other Muslim countries too, see what you have achieved we are the 6th nuclear state...
Geo strategically situation aur azadi k baad kae masyal aur foreign in fluntration from very beginning has stopped us in every field
"zara nam hu tu yae mati bari zarkhez hai saki...

Well @ Topic
I think hum topic sae hath jien gae.. So less get back I have a good case study/example for u pals in this special regard of Co-education

as for as fatwas are concerned i wud like the members to kindly look in to fatwas of even some good scholars in 1970's, 69 k baad k kuch arsae mien that..

"IF SOME BODY BELIVED THAT MAN HAS REACHED ON MOON HIS NIKAH WILL STAND FASID"

Or

"IF SOME BODY BELIVED THAT MAN HAS REACHED ON MOON HE"LL BREACH THE LINE B/W ISLAM AND KUFAR AND WILL STAND AS MUSHRIK
"

Note:
Mufi azam of pakistan is MUFTI muneeb-ur Rehman
And that of the world is a scholar from PALESTINE (I don't remember his name)
Try to find some of thier futwas in all cases..

More over my friend a mufti cant do ijtihad duno institute hi alag hien as per Islamic history.. And unfortunately we lost that institute long time ago..
the cry of the day is that a new institute must reborn by the consensus of Muslims consisting of mujtahideen, who have extraordinary knowledge of FIQH instead of believing in paranoid mufteez….
Regards...

Last edited by Last Island; Monday, August 20, 2007 at 06:36 AM.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

aoa all active members!!!!!!!!

my opinion is that in our country durring the co,education students fall in love and other type relation they can't do study properly but in islam we know that we have wont to do reverent of a women you watch in every university alot of male students adhesive femalez ,eventually after the exam the males ratio failed and females ratio better then males ,illustrate at quratullain she is a women but her prepration is better then our community male members is that mean females have reverent for males but males doing villairiy . is that mean islam told us do respect of female but we can't do when males and females doing comine study students have wont to do concerntrate at study not an love or other type of relation and boys listen dont use bad type of thinking for females they are equall to u.

marshal453 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up off the topic yet important

Ask yourself brother, which country is the real POWER. Which country is having the most latest and advance state of the art nuclear weapons. Which country can trip your whole nuclear system with a single CLICK. Kis country ke saamnay apna JHOLA phela kar aap F-16 maangtey hien? Kahan jaati hai us waqt in tamaam logon ki GHERAT aur MEDALS jin ka aap nai zikar kya?. Which country can fill their planes while flying? Which country has the most SPACE stations???........who can watch a single inch of your land? who can tell the optical number of your spectacles? Who is monitoring all the telecomunication systems of the world? Yes you are right....your answer would be AMERICA. After America comes Britian, Germany, France, Italy and Russia...then comes China and INDIA

Replies

India…
Brother 1965 mien India k pass hunter thae aur Pakistan k pass saber jets..
Hunter is 70% more better than saebar jet in dok fight iss k bawajuuud
m.m alam nien record kaisae banya?
After second world war, 1965 tank attack was the bigget still they didn’t breach our second defense line..Lols

Russia…
Ok super power, second ballistic missile power second largest fleet holder of strategic bombers till 1990’s
Had to face diplomatic defeat along with strategically, in 1989, with Pakistan as the corner stone of it without Pakistan America would have never been able to do so….

America….
With “MOST” of space stations I wounder why cant they find..
1 mula umer
2 Osama
3 most importantly if they would have found our atomic installations they would have come under blaze from both India & Israel if not U.S itself
Don’t over estimate man…

Germany France U.k. and other ISAF forces are already taking exercise from Pakistani JCO’S at Jacobabad airbase for better traing
NOTE: these forces are elites of these countries…

Here I would like to quote that Saudi govt has been give f15’s but Pakistanis are not allowed to tackle them who are there for training of Saudi pilots instead of any U.S or any other country’s
Why are Americans afraid of something? Lols
At the end I’ll quote YARMOOK as the hardest exercise quoted in gunnies book of world record.. This exercise enhances the physical training of cadets and every person in PMA has to go through it..
Hope you wont under estimate your nation any more..

Last edited by Kamran Chaudhary; Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: not specific&red fonts
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

Quote:
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY MARSHAL453:

Now I do think f Muslim women were allowed in the times of
Muhammad (S.A.W) rather were encouraged to have bajamat prayers.. I don’t find a reason to negate this concept..
Note women’s bajamat prayer was prohibited in the times of OMER (R.A)
Muatta Imam Maalik the following narration appears: "Yahya Ibn Saeed narrates from Umrah Binti Abdur Rahman that Aishah (radhiallahu anha) said: 'If Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had observed that which women have now introduced (i.e. after the demise of Rasulullah), he would most certainly have prevented them from attending the Musjid just as the women of Bani Israeel were prevented." Yahya enquired: 'What, were the women of Bani Israeel prevented from the Musaajid?' Umrah replied. 'Yes.'

When Ameerul Mu'mineen Hadhrat Umar (radhiallahu anhu) finally enacted the prohibition to prevent women from g going to the Musjid, they complained to Aishah (radhiallahu anha). Answering their complaint, Hadhrat Aishah (radhiallahu anha) said: "If Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had known what Umar now knows (of the condition of women), he would not have granted you permission to emerge (i.e. to leave your homes and come to the Musjid for Salaat)." (Jaamiur Rumooz)

It is, thus, abundantly clear that Hadhrat Aishah (radhiallahu anha) did not recognize women to have any undeniable right to attend the Musjid. A permissible act restricted by numerous conditions--a permissible act which is discouraged even by the one who grants the permission- cannot be interpreted as an undeniable right. If it was an undeniable right, the Sahaabah would have been the very first people who would have recognized the right. If women had enjoyed any such inviolable right as the modernist asserts, the Sahaabah would never have prohibited women from the Musjid. The very fact that such a prohibition was enacted by the Sahaabah—by the most senior Sahaa bah— in the very age described as the noblest of ages by Rasulullah {sallallahu alayhi wasallam)

There is no denying fact that during the time of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) women were allowed to visit the Musjid for Salaat. However, this permission was accompanied by a number of very strict conditions which are all non-existent in our times. Again, although there was this initial permission, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasaIlam) discouraged women from availing themselves of this permission. His exhortation that women perform Salaat at home paved the way for the prohibition which came into effect later by the authority of the Sahaabah and the Fuqaha.

THE CONDITIONS FOR THE INITIAL PERMISSION

(1) Attractive garments were forbidden. Women who came to the Musjid were not permitted to do fine and attractive clothing. It was declared that they had to dress shabbily and unattractively Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: " ............. but, they should emerge while they are shabbily dressed." (Abu Dawood)

In Ibn Majah it is narrated that once while Rasulullah (sallallahu alay hi wasallam) was seated in the Musjid, a woman dressed and adorned in her finery entered and walked proudly in the Musjid. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then proclaimed:

"0 people! Prohibit your women from wearing beautiful garments and from showing off in the Musjid, for verily, Bani Israeel were not cursed until their women started to wear beautiful garments and show off inside the Musjid."

Ibn Arabi in his Sharhut Tirmizi commenting on the type of dress which women should wear according to the Hadith which permits them to come to the Musjid, says:

"When she emerges to go to the Musjid, she should come out dressed in dirty and shabby garb as it has been reported in the Ahadith."

(2) Perfume was forbidden. Women who came to Musjid in the early days were not permitted to apply perfume. In this regard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"Any woman who applies perfume and passes by a gathering is like an adultress." (Tirmizi)

"The woman who applies perfume must not be present with us for Isha." (Muatta Imaam Maalik)

Since it is not permissible for women to emerge from the house with perfume applied, be it night or day, the reference to Isha in this Hadith should not be understood to be confined to only Ishaa Salaat. The word Ishaa appears in the Hadith in view of the greater danger of mischief and evil during the night time. The Ahadith of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) clearly brands a woman as immoral for applying perfume and passing by a gathering.

(3) The Jilbaab or outer -covering. When women emerged in those days, they were thoroughly concealed in their jilbaabs which were very large outer garments or sheets of unattractive colour. The sheets were so big that normally two women could be wrapped up in a single jilbaab. The jilbaab was not merely flung over the shoulders. It covered the entire head and the face as well. The jilbaab which the ladies wo re during the time of Rasululllah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) was not a stylish garment with a decorative niqaab (face-veil). It was not designed for beauty as are some of the burqahs of modern times. The jiIbaab covered every part of t he body, the head and face included. It had to be left slightly open to enable the women to see where they were walking. In other words they had to peep through an opening to see their way. Such garments will not be worn by women of today. About these outer-garments, Hadhrat Aishah (radhiallahu anha) narrates:

"After Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had made the morning Salaat, the women would return thoroughly wrapped in their sheets. So thoroughly were they wrapped that they could not be distin-guished from the dark ness (The cloth persumably being black as the darkness)." (Bukhaari)

(4) The women would leave immediately after the Fardh Salaat. The following narration in Bukhaari explains the practice which was adopted to ensure absolutely no contact with any of the men in the Musjid:

"Hind Bintul Haarith said that Umm-e-Salmah (radhi- allahu anha), the wife of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), informed her that during the lifetime of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) the women would get up after the Salaam of the Fardh Salaat while Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and the menfolk who made Salaat with him remained seated After Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)stood up, the men would do likewise."

Commenting on this procedure adopted in the early days, Imaam Zuhri (rahmatullah alayh) states:

"The reason for Rasulullah's delay in rising after the Fardh Salaat was to give the women the opportunity of leaving the Musjid before the men. (This prevented intermingling)."

(5) Intermingling was prohibited even outside the Musjid, in a narration in Abu Dawood, the Sahaabi, Abu Usaid Ansaari (radhiallahu anhu) says that once outside the Musjid men and women had mixed. Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then said:

"(O Women!) Move back! Verily, it is not permissible for you to spread in the road. The edges of the road are compulsory on you."

The Sahaabi narrating this Hadith says: "As a result the women would walk so close to the sides that their clothing would brush against the walls (of the houses)."

The introduction of these conditions is not possible in this day. After the demise of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), even the Sahaabah discerned the difficulty in enforcing the strict or the exceptionally high degree of piety which had prevailed during the presence of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). They did not therefore concern themselves with remedial measures. On the con trary, they banned the practice of women coming to the Musjid. Their high degree of Deeni intelligence and insight convinced them that if women are not prevented from the Musaajid, the situation will deteriorate.

Hujjatul Islam (i.e. Imaam Ghazaali) states in the Ihyaa: Rasul ullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) did permit women to attend the Musjid. But, the correct view now is prohibition excepting old women. In fact, the prohibition has become established since the age of the Sahaabah (radhiallahu anhum). Thus, Aishah (radhi allahu anha) said ............... and he narrated what had transpired in this regard with her... “It is obligatory to prohibit women from attending the Musjid for Salaat and gatherings of Thikr when there is the danger of fitnah with them."

"When the fear of fitnah is attendant to their emergence from the home, then it (emergence) is undoubtedly haraam. . . .The meaning of fitnah is zina and its introductory acts such as looking at the opposite sex, privacy (with the opposite sex), touching, etc...”

Dirmaani (rahmatullah alayh} says:

"The Hadith: 'Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from the Musjids.', is applicable to night times (i.e. the permission was only for night times). Furthermore, the permission exists only in the absence of fitnah against women or by women. During the life time of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) absence of fitnah was dominant."

Allahmah Aini (rahmatullah alayh) says; "During our age mischief and evil are rampant."

Allamah Aini (rahmatullah alayh) was among the Fuqaha of the eighth century of the Islamic era. The author of Lamiud Duraari asks:

"When this (rampant fitnah and mischief) was the situation during the time of Allamah Aini (rahmatullah alayh) who died in the year 855 Hijri, then what do you think of the present age saturated with vice and fitnah?"

Ibn Hajar (rahmatullah alayh) says:

"The summary of the discussion of Nawawi and Zarkashi is that when intermingling of the sexes prevails whether in the Musjid or on the roads or there is the danger of mischief because of women's adornment and exhibition of beauty, then it is forbidden for them to come out. . . . It is incumbent on the Imaam or his representative to prevent women from emerging." (Laamiud Duraari)

Hadhrat Hasan Basri (rahmatullah alayh) was asked about a woman who took an oath to the effect that if her husband was released from prison she would, as a measure of thanks unto Allah, perform two raka'ts Salaat in every Mus|id of the city of Basra where Salaat is performed in Jamaa'. Hadhrat Hasan Basri (rahmatullah alayh) commented:

"If Umar was here, he would have smashed her head."

Imaam Taimi (rahmatullah alayh) says:

"The Hadith of Aishah (radhiallahu anha) contains the substantiation for the view that it is not proper for women to emerge (from their homes) to attend the Musjids when mischief has come into existence."

Allah Most High says:

“And stay in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former times of ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, O members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.” (Surah al-Ahzab, V: 33)

Similarly, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in many Hadiths encouraged women to offer their prayers at home:

Sayyida Umm Salama (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “The best Mosque for a woman is the inner part of her home.” (Musnad Ahmad & Tabrani)

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do not prevent your womenfolk from attending the Mosque, even though their houses are better for them.” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Sayyida Umm Salama (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “A woman’s prayer in her inner room is better than her prayer in the outside room, and her prayer in the outside room is better than her prayer in the courtyard, and her prayer in the courtyard is better than her prayer in the Mosque.” (Mu’jam of Imam Tabrani)

Indeed, women in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) did attend congregational prayers in the Mosque, and they were not prevented from doing so. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) himself advised against preventing women from attending congregational prayers, for example:

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “If your wives seek permission from you to go to the Mosque at night, let them.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, no: 827)

And:

Salim narrates from his father that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “If the wife of any one of you seeks permission to go to the Mosque, he may not prevent her.” (Sahih Muslim, no: 442)

However, the understanding of the various classical and contemporary Hanafi Fuqaha is that women in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) had the unique opportunity of praying behind the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) himself- an act that cannot be paralleled today. Secondly, they used to observe all the requirements of Shariah including those of proper covering (hijab), hence they were not prohibited from attending the congregational prayers. Despite this, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) still advised and encouraged them to pray in their homes.

Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) in his time felt that the concession given to women for attending the congregational prayers in the Mosque is sometimes being misused and could be misused even more in the future. He felt that women were no longer taking care of the Shariah requirements as they used to in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), and he was also aware of the fact that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) advised women to offer their prayers at home. Hence, keeping all of the above in mind, he issued a verdict that women should no longer attend congregational prayers in the Masjid, and this decision of his was collectively accepted by the other Companions.

Similarly, Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him) used to refuse women entry to the Mosque for Friday prayers and would say: “Go, your homes are better for you.”

Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) said:

“If the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) was alive to see what women are doing now (in A’isha’s time), he would surely have prevented them from attending the prayers in the Mosque just as the women of Banu Isra’il were prevented.” (Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

The renowned Hadith scholar and Hanafi jurist, Imam Badr al-Din al-Ayni (Allah have mercy on him) states whilst commentating on the above statement of Sayyida A’isha:

“Had A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) witnessed what women are involved in the various types of innovations and wrongdoings these days, she would have been even more extreme in her preventing women from entering the Mosques……Also the fact that there had not been a long time between her statement and the demise of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), and also the fact that women in her time were not involved in even one portion of a thousand of what women are up to these days.” (Umdat al-Qari, 3/230)

Imam al-Kasani (Allah have mercy on him) states:

“It will not be permitted for young women to go to the Mosque for congregational prayers due to the fact that Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) prevented women from doing so. Moreover, women’s going to the Masjid is a cause of mischief (between men and women) and mischief (fitna) is Haram, and that which leads to something Haram will also be unlawful.” (Bada’i al-Sana’i, 1/157)

Numerous similar statements and rulings of the authorities in the Books of the Shariah proclaim explicitly the prohibition on women attending the Musjid for Salaat or for listening to lectures. Each and every one of these Fuqahaa who spoke on this question was fully cognizant with the initial permission which applied during the age of Rasulullah (sallallahu alay hi wasallam). Nevertheless, they issued the verdict of prohibition on the basis of the Fatwa of Hadhrat Umar, Hadhrat Aisha and other Sahaabah (radhiallahu annum) as well as on the grounds of the prevalence of fitnah which undoubtedly did not predominate the scene as we find in our age.
Faisal86 (Friday, March 23, 2012), Mashaaal (Sunday, October 04, 2015)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AOA

the matter has amply been discussed by the venerable members of the forum, esp my dearest sister last island and strain...

certainly there is no need of any new fatwa for the purpose. there is no concept of co-education as per teachings as it may create fitna. However, the government is trying to promote the phenomena becuase of some of reasons like:

- to westernize the country;
- to cut short the expenditure in establishing seperate institutions
- tu cut short recurring expenses in running the affairs of institutions

probably the concept of co-education got its roots after involvement of private sector in eduction scenario.
Last Island (Monday, August 20, 2007), STRAIN2 (Monday, August 20, 2007)

Lightbulb Muslim (jawab-e-shikwa se makhooz)

@ Fatima & marshal453

KON HAI TAARIQ-E-AAYEEN-E-RASOOL-E-MUKHTAR
MASLEHAT WAQT KI HI KIS KE AMAL KA MIYAAR
KIS KE AANKHON MEIN SAMAYA HAI SHA'AAR-E-AGYAAR
HO GAYI KIS KI NIGAH TARZ-E-SALAF SE BEZAAR
QALB MEIN SOZE NAHI, ROOH MEIN EHSAAS NAHI
KUCH BHI PEGHAM-E-MUHAMMAD(saw) KA TUMHIEN PAAS NAHI

HAR MUSALMAAN RAF-E-BAATIL KE LIYEY NASHTAR THA
US KE AAYEENA-E-HASTI MEIN AMAL-E-JOHAR THA
JO BHAROSA THA USEY KUWAT-E-BAZU PE THA
HAI TUMHIEN MOT KA DAR, US KO KHUDA KA DAR THA
BAAP KA ILM NA BETAY KO AGAR AZ-BAR HO
PHIR PISR KAABIL-E-MERAAS-E-PIDR KYUN KAR HO

SHORE HAI HO GAYEY DUNYA SE MUSALMAAN NABOOD
HUM YEH KEHTEY HEIN KE THAY BHI KAHIEN MUSLIM MOJOOD
WAZA MEIN TUM HO NASAARI TOU TAMADAN MEIN HANOOD
YEH MUSALMAN HIEN JINHIEN DEKH KE SHARMAYIEN YAHOOD
Last Island (Monday, August 20, 2007), marshal453 (Monday, August 20, 2007)