Tuesday, April 23, 2024
03:51 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, February 23, 2019

zaidi96 is on a distinguished road
Default Dilemma : CSS vs Corporate sector

Hello everyone, I would be very grateful if you can help me with the following confusion.

I am a student at LUMS and am considering CSS as a career choice. CSS is risky thing and the salary and circumstances of a CSS job are also very demotivating however there is also an opportunity to gain respect and work for people.

On the other hand, I can get a corporate job which even though would be very dull and normal but it would pay more than a CSP can ever earn legally. By the time I clear CSS ( if I clear CSS ) IA, in corporate sector I would have earnt a lot more and progressed a lot as well.

I am unable to make a choice between this. Maybe your perspective will help me out.

Again would be very grateful for help.

Regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to zaidi96 For This Useful Post:
blue berry (Sunday, February 24, 2019)
Old Sunday, February 24, 2019

blue berry is on a distinguished road

Just priorities what is important to u a well paod job or a better life style and perks with a designation that is continuously evolving with each passing year. Where u would have an influence over hundreds of people.where your signature can make or break any contemporary situation.i hope it might help. Just make a list of pros and cons.

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to blue berry For This Useful Post:
zaidi96 (Tuesday, February 26, 2019)
Old Monday, February 25, 2019

siddiquiali is on a distinguished road

I was facing the same dilemma one and a half years back. To get out of this dilemma here is what I did. I closed my eyes and asked myself: At the age of 60 when I am dying in some hospital, would I be more proud if I dedicated my life for a corporate job making millions or would I be more happy to spend my life with scarce resources while helping the poor people of this country, as a bureaucrat.

I got my answer. You just need to figure out what do you want in life. After that forget what the world is doing, just go after your goal. All the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to siddiquiali For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, February 25, 2019

Ilyas Nisar is on a distinguished road

Well I don't know what kind of a corporate job you are talking about but I can share my personal experience.
I always wanted to go for foreign service of Pakistan. Right after completing my Engineering from UET Lahore, I tried for CSS examination with only 4 months of preparation and I failed. The reason for my failure was not the lack of preparation time, but my will to do so. Throughout my preparation period, I was always double minded that whether I should go for CSS or should I pursue my career in engineering and earn millions legally.

Now that I am working in Saudi Arabia at a very good job and earning way more than I would be earning in CSS after even 10 years Lol. The thing is I don't find any purpose for my job. There will be a time when you will realize money is not everything. Although you will earn more in Corporate sector, but at the expense of your inner peace and satisfaction. You will work 10 hours a day, have to listen to your managers, sacrifice your personal life and in return you will have no greater purpose for all of this. Yes by the end of a hectic day you can drive a good car, live in a good house but it will not be worth it.

So in my opinion money doesn't matter, quality of life matter and I believe CSS can give you that quality of life, it can give you that purpose in life. When you will realize that your job is actually making a difference for thousands of people, when you will feel that after all this hard work you are doing something that actually matters (rather than making boring reports, claims and all that stuff all day in corporate sector). And trust me all this boring stuff will slowly kill your personality, you might have some good bank balance, but you will be just one of the billions living an ordinary life.

So concluding my suggestion, I think you should go for CSS. But in the end it depends on you, what you want. Ask yourself this question and go for it. If you want it, it will be worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilyas Nisar For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, February 26, 2019

zaidi96 is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone for your very insightful responses.

I feel that in my hart I already know everything that you guys have said but even then I am just scared to take the first step because of the fear of failure. Having said that, maybe I just needed someone else to say out loud what I already know to confirm my faith.

Thanks for helping me with this
Old Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Assasin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidi96 View Post
Thank you everyone for your very insightful responses.

I feel that in my hart I already know everything that you guys have said but even then I am just scared to take the first step because of the fear of failure. Having said that, maybe I just needed someone else to say out loud what I already know to confirm my faith.

Thanks for helping me with this
To qualify CSS or to achieve anything in life ,will is very important .your own thirst for it .your inner heat for it .In simple words , call it the "want factor".
Now the question arises ,how to find your want factor regarding a certain THING(be it career or anytihing ).
Here it is how to find it .
Suppose you are confused between two options,A and B.
Discuss both options with your family members and friends.They will give you their opinion or suggestions (they might be positive or negative).
Their feedback will invoke an instant response in you (It is behavioral psychology).For example , you might feel good if someone says that option A is good or bad .
Just observe and write down your inner feelings which are created ,regarding the two options, because of the feedbacks from different people .The nature of people's suggestion is not important ,but your inner feelings are .
How you feel about the two option in the wake of people's feedback is the key .
If i want to have something ,my instincts invoke a kind of force - a want - when someone discourages me regarding that thing or option .
If i do not want a certain thing , my instincts invoke a kind of defense force to counter the compelling feedbacks of other people .It is what psychology says.
Look ,one needs to analyze one's feelings .Their lies "the want factor".Do what you really want .So, when you lie on your death bed ,you can say proudly that you served your country ,your family and your self .
Hope it helps you in tackling your confusion .
One last thing ,do not ever doubt yourself .Doubt is what keeps you where you are .
think thousand times before making your mind and making a decision.When you make it then be stand your ground like a mountain .
Good luck.
Old Saturday, March 02, 2019

Tayyab Imdad Seastani is on a distinguished road

Before opting for css i would suggest to all my friends pls take a look at the story of ashir azeem,how this css ruined his entire life but he faught with brave heart.. If one want to make easy money nd grab power,corruption is top priority.. All the good postings are offered if the candidate will give a handsome amount to ch.sec or any big gun which is involved in transfers.. I m sharing my own experience .. This is just the reality of our policy makers.. They go to office at 11am then come back at 2 or 3pm.. Whereas official timings are 9-5.. There children ruin the vehicles which are bought and driven by our money..

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk
Old Sunday, March 03, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayyab Imdad Seastani View Post
Before opting for css i would suggest to all my friends pls take a look at the story of ashir azeem,how this css ruined his entire life but he faught with brave heart.. If one want to make easy money nd grab power,corruption is top priority.. All the good postings are offered if the candidate will give a handsome amount to ch.sec or any big gun which is involved in transfers.. I m sharing my own experience .. This is just the reality of our policy makers.. They go to office at 11am then come back at 2 or 3pm.. Whereas official timings are 9-5.. There children ruin the vehicles which are bought and driven by our money..

I know the story of Ashir Azeem. At least he tried to change the system. He failed it doesn't mean everyone who goes into the system fails. Imagine if all bureaucrats were like Ashir Azeem.

Please google about Sir Hamza Shafqaat, DC Islamabad. See his twitter page, he is performing his duties against all odds. Please don't discourage others from going for CSS. This is one of the main reasons why corrupt people become bureaucrats because most of the honest people are discouraged from going for CSS.

Tayyab Imdad Seastani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddiquiali View Post
I know the story of Ashir Azeem. At least he tried to change the system. He failed it doesn't mean everyone who goes into the system fails. Imagine if all bureaucrats were like Ashir Azeem.

Please google about Sir Hamza Shafqaat, DC Islamabad. See his twitter page, he is performing his duties against all odds. Please don't discourage others from going for CSS. This is one of the main reasons why corrupt people become bureaucrats because most of the honest people are discouraged from going for CSS.
Brother i m not discouraging any one,every cloud has a silver lining..hold your horses brother.. U r talking about dc isb, first,can you tell me how much he paid for this post? Secondly if he is really a champ, he cannot stay for a long shift on this post, bcz islbd is full of big guns..if he tries to pull anyone's leg he will be kicked off..nd you said twitter,social media is a new technology to drift away the positivity into negativity..they just do these tactics for fame nothing else.. Dont u remeber IG isb case with federal minister azam swati,what happened ? IG changed but nothing happened to the senator.. Conclusion would be like every person has right to opt for anything, but if one want to TC ministers,senators nd big guns for transfers nd postings,then it is really a time to think,there is nothing like merit in beaurocracy ,if you have links u can prosper,nd if u keep pulling legs,then ur fate has been destined ..

Brother, I know Sir Hamza personally, he is a genuine public servant in real life not just on twitter. Please do some research on him, before assuming anything.

https://bolojawan.com/amid-all-the-c...s-a-true-hero/

He is a 19-grade officer, so his pay will be equivalent to a 19-grade officer. Secondly, if one wants to serve the people of Pakistan, pay should not matter much. If you want a high paying job, then CSS is not for you. Thirdly, if you really want to serve the public then one shouldn't be afraid of being transferred to a far off place.

Tags
choice in paper, css 2020, discussion, lums, salary