CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Pakistani diplomats in India | After Pulwama Attack (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/123141-pakistani-diplomats-india-after-pulwama-attack.html)

MrZain Sunday, February 24, 2019 01:03 AM

Pakistani diplomats in India | After Pulwama Attack

Hello all,

(I'm sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong group, but I really need answer to this. Kindly, do not remove this)

Considering recent relation of Pakistan and India, I've a question from all the FSPs and other relevant aspirants.

I always wanted to pursue my career as a diplomat. But, recent incident of Pulwama attack has provoked people of India and continuous threats of war have been received from India.

My question is, what is the situation at Pakistan Embassy in India? Are diplomats and their families safe? Where do they live?

The Prime Minister of the country, along with their armies, have been continuous asking for vengeance. Also, they have violated the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations by arresting High Commissioner of Pakistan Embassy and have been threatening and harassing diplomatic staff, So, I don't think Diplomatic Immunity would play any role there.

I want experts' suggestions regarding this. How does Government of Pakistan assures security of Diplomats in India? Would it be safe if I'm posted there as a diplomat? What determines, who will be posted in which country?

Thank you,

DrAnjumZia Sunday, February 24, 2019 01:08 PM

Diplomatically and as signatory of Vienna Conventions and other International Treaties, its not possible, if in extreme grave crisis, country can call back its diplomat from the country or even the host country can give deadline to the diplomat to leave country facilitating him/her in leaving country securely...

but one should do remember, what Musharraf did to Aghan Taliban's Embassador post 9/11 to Mullah Zaeef, breaking all diplomatic protocols he arested Mullah Zaeef and handed over him to Americans

MrZain Sunday, February 24, 2019 05:34 PM

DrAnjumZia,

Why would the host country (India) do that? They are literally asking for war and vengeance. What's their interest in letting a Pakistani diplomat leave for their country?

Legally, following all protocol procedures, it is exactly as you've described it. But, they have already violated several treaties, Why would they follow this one?

Also, they've already arrested the highest rank officer of the High Commission of Pakistan. High Commissioner, himself. So, why would they care about lives of junior officers?

And, there are videos on Youtube where junior diplomats are harrased by Indian government as well as civilians of India (Before Pulwama Attack, when situation was not that bad).

Diplomats don't have any security or weapons with them. So, if they are attacked by the Indian mob, they won't be able to protect themselves and their families.

03:13 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.