Thursday, March 28, 2024
09:18 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, March 04, 2019

siddiquiali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal Tariq View Post
The categorization of groups for induction process is absolutely rubbish. In general cadre, they have put PAS, OMG, IG, etc. It means if someone is not allocated to PAS then he/she will be directly allocated to OMG or IG. Seriously?
This category will be mostly competitive as majority of candidates will apply for this category. The least competitive category will be of Police Service, given that not many people are M.A Criminology or M.A. Sociology. This new system is actually worse than the incumbent system. This also shows that our high-ups are not serious enough to strengthen Civil Service as an institution. This is only Khahna Puri.
They would have strengthened Civil Service by depoliticizing it and reducing political interference, and making it an independent institution just like our armed forces. The governance system would have been improved significantly.
One more question: What about the military inductees who join civil service through military quota every year without taking any exam and are allocated to PAS, PSP and FSP? Does this rule apply to them or ya yahan bhi sirf civilians ko ragrhaa mara jaegaa.
Hold on to your horses. I think you haven't open the youtube link in my video. Please open it and watch the whole interview, it will clear up some of your questions. Secondly, after PAS, PSP is the most desired group if you look at the final merit lists of recent years. Thirdly, they have not implied anywhere that the degree of Masters will be necessary. I think only the examinations of the groups will be different. Only the 4th group will require a specific degree.

Danyal Tariq is on a distinguished road

I guess you have not understood the pith of the discussion. It is clearly mentioned that all four categories will have their own exams. If a candidate is taking exam of the General cadre (PAS, OMG, IG, Postal Group,etc.), then why he/she would be given a seat from the other three categories. That's why I said that if someone was not allocated to PAS then he would be allocated directly to OMG, etc. And you started to teach me about the general preferences of the candidates.Anyway, it is you who needs to watch the video again.
Secondly, you said that there was no mention of degree specifics for the first three categories i.e., General cadre, Police Service, and Foreign Service.
Had there been similar degree required in all above-mentioned three categories, then both Police Service and Foreign Service would have been included into the General Cadre. It is absolutely clear that there will be different degrees required for different categories.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danyal Tariq For This Useful Post:
Tayyab Imdad Seastani (Monday, March 04, 2019), Urooj rajput (Thursday, June 13, 2019)

rahim yar kha is on a distinguished road

When are coming these reforms time is too much less for preparing
WHOLE syllabus
Urooj rajput (Thursday, June 13, 2019)

siddiquiali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal Tariq View Post
I guess you have not understood the pith of the discussion. It is clearly mentioned that all four categories will have their own exams. If a candidate is taking exam of the General cadre (PAS, OMG, IG, Postal Group,etc.), then why he/she would be given a seat from the other three categories. That's why I said that if someone was not allocated to PAS then he would be allocated directly to OMG, etc. And you started to teach me about the general preferences of the candidates. Anyway, it is you who needs to watch the video again.
Secondly, you said that there was no mention of degree specifics for the first three categories i.e., General cadre, Police Service, and Foreign Service.
Had there been similar degree required in all above-mentioned three categories, then both Police Service and Foreign Service would have been included into the General Cadre. It is absolutely clear that there will be different degrees required for different categories.
Please read my comment again and watch the video again, the guy clearly says that "exams/induction" of each group will be different, he never mentions the degree. If only the degree requirement was different then the exams should be the same and FPSC could sort out the final placements according to the degrees later on.

What I understood by the video is that the whole process of recruitment for each group will be different. Each group's recruitment process will likely be designed to judge a candidate on the basis of his or her compatibility with the services of that group. Secondly, I also disagree with the degree requirement condition because if that were true then FSP should have been in the general group. FSP has a separate group because they will design its exam to judge if a candidate would be fit to become an FSP officer or not.

Lastly, all of these are just assumptions, maybe they will have specific degree requirements as well as different exams for each group, we will see.
Old Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Danyal Tariq is on a distinguished road

When did I say that the guy is talking about degree specifics of each category? What I am saying is, as there will be different exams for each category, then there can be a possibility that different degrees will be required. Moreover, this is not a issue that if required degrees will be same or not.

The issue is that they have divided the CSS exam into four. It means there will be four toppers every year instead of one. Every guy who tops in any of his category exams will consider himself topper. Moreover, candidates can only appear for one exam in any one of the categories every year which is sheer injustice. Okay, let's think about it for a second! If they will hold different exam for each category then what subjects they will include. They will probably include Economics, Accounting, etc for Customs, IRS category. They will include Int.Law, IR, etc for FSP category and so on. What bothers me is that if they really want to be specific at the initial stage then what is the purpose of STPs? I am sure that any qualified CSS officer can cover these subjects,as per his allocated group, during his STP. We have to improvise our training procedure rather than changing the entire structure of CSS exam.

This shows that how our political leadership is working in connivance with our military bureaucracy to put Civil Service under their thumb. They could have strengthened Civil Service by constituting it into an independent institution. They could have established a system where Civil Servants will be promoted and transferred by their own people on the basis of merit (a system which is also followed by our defence forces). We also know how Civil Servants are transferred everywhere. Only chamchaa bureaucrats get coveted positions. It is because of this political interference which has ruined Civil Service. Good governance and efficiency will emerge in Civil Service once political interference is reduced to nil.

If I go with your narrative for a second that we will be judged through this reform that whether we are fit for a group or not, then what about our LADLAAS who are recruited into Civil Service every year without taking CSS exams. You might have noticed that there was no question on military inductees during the whole talk show. We, civilians, have to go through every phase of the exam because we should be judged if we are fit or not. But LADLAAS will not go through these phases, Why? Is their graduation from Kakul superior to that of our masters or m.phils?

Trust me! These reforms are not meant for improving efficiency among Civil Servants. The only purpose of these so-called reforms is to restrict the power of Civil Servants by dividing them into categories.

What would be the efficiency of a FA Pass commissioned bacha in military? But these kids, in future, become Chairmen of PIA, DGs of ANF and other institutions. They become DGs or Chairmen because they go through some trainings and qualify different courses during their service which hone their skills. Similarly, Civil Servants should also be given proper training during their service and political interference should be reduced. Their training course should be improvised alpha and omega.

Well, this seems quite tricky at this moment. It will take a year or two to materialize this system of Ishrat saab. To me, this REVOLUTIONARY step (as was said by the idiotic anchor) is nothing but a piece of garbage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Danyal Tariq For This Useful Post:
abidkhan (Thursday, March 07, 2019), pakistankhapakhapakhapa (Thursday, March 07, 2019), Urooj rajput (Thursday, June 13, 2019), Zakkhan88 (Tuesday, March 05, 2019)
Old Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Dire Wolf is on a distinguished road

If they are really trying to improve the system, they should consider removing all types of quota system from induction process. What is the use of putting people in the offices who are not worthy of that. It has long lasting ramifications on the system and of no particular help of that populace.

And if they want to help certain folks or areas do that by other means which are far more effective and in no way affect the induction process or merit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dire Wolf For This Useful Post:
pakistankhapakhapakhapa (Thursday, March 07, 2019)
Old Thursday, March 07, 2019

abidkhan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
If they are really trying to improve the system, they should consider removing all types of quota system from induction process. What is the use of putting people in the offices who are not worthy of that. It has long lasting ramifications on the system and of no particular help of that populace.

And if they want to help certain folks or areas do that by other means which are far more effective and in no way affect the induction process or merit.
Wellll,in a federation like Pakistan I think quota system is quite OK otherwise less developed areas will suffer the most.

Every one is worthy dear.System needs transparency and honesty in order to avoid corruption and leakage of papers.
Danyal Tariq (Tuesday, March 12, 2019)

abidkhan is on a distinguished road

Civil Servants should also be given proper training during their service and political interference should be reduced. Their training course should be improvised alpha and omega.

Well, this seems quite tricky at this moment. It will take a year or two to materialize this system of Ishrat saab. To me, this REVOLUTIONARY step (as was said by the idiotic anchor) is nothing but a piece of garbage.[/QUOTE]

I think they need to work on transparency instead of overhauling the whole system.
pakistankhapakhapakhapa (Thursday, March 07, 2019)

Dire Wolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidkhan View Post
Wellll,in a federation like Pakistan I think quota system is quite OK otherwise less developed areas will suffer the most.

Every one is worthy dear.System needs transparency and honesty in order to avoid corruption and leakage of papers.
Less developed areas are suffering despite of quota system for the past 70 years. If there had been more focus on developing those areas instead of reserving quotas that would have been much better.
When you put something in a place where it doesn't belong it ruins the whole system, it is just a legal way of killing merit. And I am talking about all types of quotas not just backward areas quota. You can see it's adverse effects in various fields if you look around and observe, besides it is not bringing any revolution in lives of those people. Name one place which has changed into a developed area due these quotas.......
We as a nation have to leave this habit of treating a disease with pain killers instead of finding a root cause just because it requires greater effort and sincerity.