Friday, July 19, 2019
03:13 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago

Acacia is on a distinguished road
Default Subject selection

Assalamoalaikum!
This is my very first post in here and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the relevant thread or not.
I am confused about CSS subject selection and need guidance regarding that. I'm a biochemist but i don't want to go with any science subject since it would be very time consuming.
I have decided to go with IR, US history, Environmental sciences but I'm confused between
1) psychology and geography
2)criminology and public administration
Someone suggested me to go with geography and pub. Administration but geography is not my thing. I observed past papers of psychology and i feel i can attempt them easily but just worried if it would be scoring or not -_-
Give sincere suggestions especially CSP members over here ����
Old 1 Week Ago

Waiting for suggestions
Old 6 Days Ago

Acidius is on a distinguished road

I'd go for criminology and public ad. Actually, I have taken those two.
If psychology is easy for you, go for it. However, it was previously a 200 marks subject with around 20 topics in syllabus and is now a 100 marks subject with around 25 topics
So factor in the time factor too, if you like it enough to study it well, go for it!
Geography is a heavy subject. You need to be familiar with demographics and other nitty gritties. Good if you have genuine interest in it.
You can do one thing. Study all four of these for 2 days each. During these 2 days imagine you've finalized this subject. This way you'll get the feel of each subject after some 6-8 hour study each.
Old 6 Days Ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I read a post in here where aspirants were discussing that syllabus of criminology is voluminous and also it's new so it's difficult to collect the related study material. That's why i was bit confused.
Old 3 Days Ago

Acidius is on a distinguished road

It's voluminous. But less than psych and geo. And everything is interrelated as well so it takes lesser effort and time in getting it to stick, considerably.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk