Friday, March 29, 2024
02:50 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Groot is on a distinguished road
Smile Crown Prince Vs Intelligent Animals ( Debate)

This post is for a debate to know on what basis humans are called (Ashraf-ul-Makhloqat)
Humans are said to be the Crown prince among all the creatures, but on what basis, what differentiate humans from other animals ?? I have following reasons - theories to start with, please contribute and correct me where I am wrong.
1) Intelligence
the first and the most probable factor is of intelligence level of humans and rest of the creatures, but question is, are humans really more intelligent than animals??
But, researches show that Animals, birds, dolphins, possess better intelligent mind than humans,
• Monkeys can solve puzzle faster and accurately than an adult trained human. (BBC)
• Sea lines can solve math problems
• Parrots can learn to speak (Alex, a parrot who was famous for his ability to learn, differentiate between things materials, and solving math (NY times)
• Pigeons can create map in their mind and have sharp memory
• An experiment revealed that animals and birds who live in intense – hard environment where they have to survive hard are more intelligent and can think better than those who live in an easy environment where they have plenty of food.
• A chimpanzee can remember 9 random numbers shown for 0.6 seconds on computer screen and can re-call them in respective order
• Another chimpanzee can talk to scientists with the help of symbol chart.
• Animals learn faster than humans, think better, think fast, have sharp memory, can feel pain, can understand what humans expect from them, and can predict and see in future, can predict natural disasters, floods, winds, storms, and have better of life than humans.
Source; BBC Earth documentaries, New York times

These were few instances, which show that animals are better in intelligence than humans,
An adult human cant compete in intelligence with animals and birds in any sense.
Then what is the main reason to address human as “ Ashraf-ful-Makhloqat “ ???
Some other traits of animals in contrast with humans are ;
1. Animals do not inflict pain on others for the pleasure of doing it , but humans do
2. Animals are not sexcual beast , they do not have relations without main purpose of breeding. But man is the a sexual beast , Vulgarity , Obscenity and indecency are strictly confined to man. Humans make relations by force and with many
3. Animals are not greedy as are humans, they do not hoard , they accumulate only sufficient grain enough for their season.
4. Animals do not kill other animals for the sake of fun , but humans do,
This shows the Moral behavior of humans is very dis-appointing and low as compare to humans.
Then what are distinctive features of humans that earned them a Crown to rule the Earth ???

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
This post is for a debate to know on what basis humans are called (Ashraf-ul-Makhloqat)
Humans are said to be the Crown prince among all the creatures, but on what basis, what differentiate humans from other animals ?? I have following reasons - theories to start with, please contribute and correct me where I am wrong.
1) Intelligence
the first and the most probable factor is of intelligence level of humans and rest of the creatures, but question is, are humans really more intelligent than animals??
But, researches show that Animals, birds, dolphins, possess better intelligent mind than humans,
• Monkeys can solve puzzle faster and accurately than an adult trained human. (BBC)
• Parrots can learn to speak (Alex, a parrot who was famous for his ability to learn, differentiate between things materials, and solving math (NY times)
• An experiment revealed that animals and birds who live in intense – hard environment where they have to survive hard are more intelligent and can think better than those who live in an easy environment where they have plenty of food.
• A chimpanzee can remember 9 random numbers shown for 0.6 seconds on computer screen and can re-call them in respective order
• Animals learn faster than humans, think better, think fast, have sharp memory, can feel pain, can understand what humans expect from them, and can predict and see in future, can predict natural disasters, floods, winds, storms, and have better of life than humans.

These were few instances, which show that animals are better in intelligence than humans,
An adult human cant compete in intelligence with animals and birds in any sense.
1. Animals do not inflict pain on others for the pleasure of doing it , but humans do
2. Animals are not sexcual beast , they do not have relations without main purpose of breeding. But man is the a sexual beast , Vulgarity , Obscenity and indecency are strictly confined to man. Humans make relations by force and with many
3. Animals are not greedy as are humans, they do not hoard , they accumulate only sufficient grain enough for their season.
This shows the Moral behavior of humans is very dis-appointing and low as compare to humans.
Then what are distinctive features of humans that earned them a Crown to rule the Earth ???

In my opinion what puts us above other animals even other primates is very simple-our curiosity and ability to abstractly reason. We can theorize and debate and imagine. This ability you will find absolutely in no other sentient being. You will not find a chimpenzee doing a social experiment on other animals to see how they live just because it is curious and wants to see how others function-but humans have been doing it for a very long time. We ask questions and think up the impossible and then try to make it happen. We invent (some animals do that too-they can make tools out of what they find around them) but our invention goes towards making our lives better and easier. Animals don't have that sense. They have basic instincts and once those are fulfilled they are satisfied. We never are satisfied. We are always wondering how to make our lives easier and better. A bird will not ask questions and theorize about what lies in space. It is beyond them to think beyond themselves and their physical existence.

As far as morality goes animals are sentient but they can also be cruel. They will not show mercy when threatened. We do. We will try to understand what the problem is while their basic instinct is to fight or run away. Not all humans are equal though. Some humans are simply born without the ability to feel empathy (psychopaths) so they will inflict pain on others unnecessarily because they don't realise its wrong. Some people are trained to supress the natural human emotion of sympathy and pity. It is too vast a concept to generalise and say that ALL humans lack morals or good sense and that ALL animals are better.

This is coming from someone who currently owns three cats, a dog and two chickens. I've grown up around animals and though they can be the most loving things to ever walk this earth, you can not reason with them or make them understand.

Groot is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Aisha alam

animals are curious enough to solve their problems and knw about other things,
without curiosty they cant survive, i have seen monkeys and chimpanzees even elepehnents curiously tryng to know about diffrent objects ,
i have seen on Sony BBC earth , where they plant a spy - chimpanzee in other alive chimpanzees , but they find it in few seconds that this is something knew to them , they pick it up and turn around, to see wht really is it,
and , speaking of curiosty we many of us - humans are also not curious enough to find simple facts, some of us are curious,
cats and chikens are curious too, they are very intelligent , cats can wake u up, cats can devise a way to reach her favrt things placed in regrigrtr, cats know blanket can save them from cold . i remmbr night when my cat , now dead, will come to my bed and sleep in my blanket , bcz she knws, whats blnkt is for. animals are no diffrnt than us, its just our thinking, and assumption, that differs animals from humans.

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
animals are curious enough to solve their problems and knw about other things,
without curiosty they cant survive, i have seen monkeys and chimpanzees even elepehnents curiously tryng to know about diffrent objects ,
i have seen on Sony BBC earth , where they plant a spy - chimpanzee in other alive chimpanzees , but they find it in few seconds that this is something knew to them , they pick it up and turn around, to see wht really is it,
and , speaking of curiosty we many of us - humans are also not curious enough to find simple facts, some of us are curious,
cats and chikens are curious too, they are very intelligent , cats can wake u up, cats can devise a way to reach her favrt things placed in regrigrtr, cats know blanket can save them from cold . i remmbr night when my cat , now dead, will come to my bed and sleep in my blanket , bcz she knws, whats blnkt is for. animals are no diffrnt than us, its just our thinking, and assumption, that differs animals from humans.
But again the will look at these things only so far as their survival and personal safety is concerned. Animals aren't curious they gauge whether a thing is friend or foe. Let's look at it with a very theoretical backdrop; the blooms taxonomy a very popular cocept in education studies. Animals are capable of every level except the top two; evaluate and create. No matter how much time you give animals-how many eons-they will never create an enduring civilization or legacy. No animal would ever be able to create say the internet. They can't read and they cant write (they can be taught to but they wont develop it themselves like we did as a species. They don't have any recognisable form of culture either (though you would be interested to know that many animals have accents! A local goat would not be able to understand what a foreign goat is saying!! How absolutely fascinating!). They exist and then they die. We want to live life to the fullest-see what is out there. Again we are generalising a lot. Some humans don't deserve the title of human beings. Some animals also are poorly equipped mentally. Even the smartest animal will survive and survive well but they will never thrive.

Again the things you mentioned are natural instincts for cats meant to help them survive; stay warm, find food etc. I adore cats-our youngest kittens are 4 months old and the most mischievous bundles of cuteness ever. I've trained my dog myself. Cindy (that's my labradors name) has been trained to do several tricks like sit, stay, shake, spin around, lay down, fetch etc etc and she can be taught to do many other things as well but at the end of the day she does them to get treats she will not learn them herself or be curious about why we teach her these.

Engr AS Chaudhry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1) Intelligence

It is not the intelligence that makes a human being Ashraf-ul-Mekhlooqat. Infact, it is the wisdom which makes a man better than animals. Wisdom is the thing which compels one to think, analyze and intelligently devise the solution to any problem. While animals can't use their intelligence in the manner human beings can, except to simple techniques for their survival. Human beings, on the other hand, observe the nature and make inventions and discoveries to make themselves more safe and easy. As you have indicated that animals do not inflict pain on others and they are not sexual beasts, but they follow a pattern specific to them. Now I would like to put forward some examples that animals are not superior than human beings.
1) Animals never wear clothes. They never thought to get themselves covered.
2) A male animal breeds his own mother. They have no sense of relations.
3) Although they are brilliant in intelligence, but you will never witness an animal using men for his own work by utilizing his extra-ordinary intelligence.
4) If aniamls were wise, you wouldn't see dogs safeguarding men, camels and donkeys serving human beings.
5) It is the wisdom which helps a herdsman to handle a large herd.
6) Although buffaloes are much larger in size and power than man, but man knows how to handle them.
7) Animals have never visited space on their own. They never invented light bulb and touch screen.
In short, human beings are gifted with wisdom. If they use it wisely they are Ashraf-ul-Mekhlooqat, even better than angels. Otherwise, they are worse than animals.