Friday, April 19, 2024
05:31 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, September 30, 2019

Faria Haqqani is on a distinguished road
Default Reviews for History of Pakistan & India by JWT Book

Need reviews for JWT book or any other good book for History of Pakistan & India

Agha Shahriyar Khan is on a distinguished road

If you want quality material on Indo Pak-History then read Sohail Bhatti's "Muslim Rule in India and Pakistan" and R.C Majumdar's "An Advanced History of India"

Ur iphone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agha Shahriyar Khan View Post
If you want quality material on Indo Pak-History then read Sohail Bhatti's "Muslim Rule in India and Pakistan" and R.C Majumdar's "An Advanced History of India"
Are these books available easily?

GhazMar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agha Shahriyar Khan View Post

Yeah Sohail Bhatti’s book is really good. I don’t understand how candidates read from guide books like jwt or advanced publishers and hope to get good marks..do they think the paper checkers don’t notice these things? How 80% of the answers seem to be from the same source.

@OP
First of all, don’t opt Indo-Pak as it’s among the most targeted subjects. The 2019 paper was absolute poison. If I didn’t have a background in this field , I might have flunked it.

But if you’re still insisting , then I would recommend 3 books for Indo-Pak

712-1856: Book by Sohail Bhatti which Agha has mentioned.

1857-1947: Trek to Pakistan by khalid bin Sayeed.

1947 to present : Constitutional and political history by Hamid Khan (3 questions in the 2019 paper came from this book).
The Following User Says Thank You to GhazMar For This Useful Post:
Obaidd (Monday, September 30, 2019)

Ur iphone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhazMar View Post
Yeah Sohail Bhatti’s book is really good. I don’t understand how candidates read from guide books like jwt or advanced publishers and hope to get good marks..do they think the paper checkers don’t notice these things? How 80% of the answers seem to be from the same source.

@OP
First of all, don’t opt Indo-Pak as it’s among the most targeted subjects. The 2019 paper was absolute poison. If I didn’t have a background in this field , I might have flunked it.

1947 to present : Constitutional and political history by Hamid Khan (3 questions in the 2019 paper came from this book).
2019 paper of indopak was very lethal and challenging

Obaidd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhazMar View Post

@OP

Trek to Pakistan is by Ahmed Saeed. Khalid bin Saeed is the author of Pakistan: The Formative Years.

The reference books you have recommended are all good but I think it’s nice to have a guide book for quick review. It is of course imprudent to rely solely on guide books.