Thursday, April 18, 2024
08:21 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, January 31, 2020

zaheer.sahito is on a distinguished road
Default Poisoning Indus

My comments published in the Dawn, the 31st January, 2020.

FEW days ago, the media highlighted that people around Sukkur poisoned Indus waters near Sukkur barrage in an attempt to catch freshwater fish.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time this crime went unnoticed and did not invite attention of the wildlife department. Even the Sindh irrigation department seems to be in deep slumber.

This is the easiest method of having a big catch, because fish, after consuming poison poured into water, quickly die and float on surface. This method not only contaminates water, it may also kill all other aquatic living beings, including banned-to-hunt ‘blind dolphins’ and turtles.

Moreover, the fish poisoned to death is sold in local market and its consumption may develop serious health problems to consumers.

The Indus water is also used for irrigation purposes. If this unlawful practice of catching fish is not dealt with iron hand, vegetables and crops grown from poisoned water may prove dangerous for consumers’ health.

Up to 75 per cent of Sukkur residents and people who live in its outskirt use filtered Indus water for drinking. The continuous use of poison for hunting fish and the waste products, including tonnes of plastic bags thoughtlessly drained into the river Indus, poses health hazards to a large population.

The Sindh government should immediately take bold steps to save the Indus river and its aquatic life before it is too late.

Zaheer Sahito
Sukkur
Old Sunday, October 04, 2020

amjadiqbal is on a distinguished road

Poisoning water is harmful for many but poisoning youth(Especially those who are educated) is far worse than above.More than thousands applicants stand against 10 seats in gov't,what is the actual policy for remaining ones who could not be fit for job?What a poorer game it is i never found its alternate.
Now show me the policy for progress regarding this sad fact?
All incapable governments of nation have worked on the point?Never and Never will be so poison in water is not matter of interest.People invest in politics,earn,ruin people lives and make their families stable for hundred years.This is how people have been used to losses again and again.
Everyone needs the price for education not interested in effects of it for coming generations.
Not only politics ruined our nation but educated minds are also part of the game.
Is everyone sattisfied with his/her life?Progress going on?Noble prizes coming to us?Economic growth is on the way?Coming generations will live with peace?Crime rate zero?
Then sensible people have to do hell with poison in water when their lives are full of poison,their air is full of poison,their relations are full of poison,their diet is full of poison.
That's all

Last edited by amjadiqbal; Sunday, October 04, 2020 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Missed few clauses