Friday, March 29, 2024
01:24 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Abdul Salam Khan is on a distinguished road
Default True story of an addict

TRUE & REAL BASED STORY

“Somewhere in my life, I started down a road that led to a personal prison where I nearly destroyed my life. The amount of pain I caused my family and friends was calculated by how many times I made my mother cry, how many holidays I destroyed, and how many times I almost lost my life due to the use and abuse of narcotic drugs. I became lost, walking down the dark path of addiction.

Somewhere along the way, the fun turned frightening, and the adventure turned into a nightmare from which I couldn’t wake up. My life was filled with anger and hopelessness, loneliness and desperation. My will to live became frighteningly thin, and no matter how many disappointments, no matter how bad the pain, no matter how bad things became, I could not tremble free from my addiction.

Finally, in 2013 I was urged to undergo treatment. However, I didn’t really want to be there but I also didn’t want to go back to living the insanity my life had become. I couldn’t move back to the “good old days,” when the fun was still there in force, and couldn’t see my way forward alone. This was my life without drugs. I was facing the addict’s ultimate predicament: I was incapable of envisioning life either with drugs or without them. I once heard it said that (stopping)-is easy, but staying stopped- that’s near impossible for an addict. Thankfully, Mr. Javaid Baloch, Administrator Detoxification and Rehabilitation Complex Social Welfare Department Balochistan, who directed me to a treatment arena under his control– along with countless others who reached their hands out to help- all said the same thing: that I had come to a place where the impossible was made possible, so long as I was willing to go to any lengths and make an honest effort.

My life drastically changed as a result of following directions. As a result of being WILLING to have another person guide me towards real recovery. I went from being practically homeless, unemployable, unwelcomed by family and friends- to owning several homes, holding prestigious jobs, and mending the broken ties that I had created during the darkest moments of my life. The houses, the job, having my loved ones trust me again- all were amazing. My universe completely shifted. But more importantly, my soul shifted. The entire essence of who I became as a result of substance abuse had been, eradicated. My life stopped being about me and what I needed, and became about others, and what THEY needed.

I have witnessed transformations that never die down to amaze and astound me. Being a small part of those transformations has been a privilege and an honor. When I decided it was time to take my experience and attempt to make a bigger impact than just the one-on-one work I’d been doing, I knew it meant surrounding myself with an extremely solid clinical team of compassionate people with a shared vision. It meant creating an impactful program that incorporated the tools we’ve found most important and helpful in our own recoveries.

Strong clinical groundwork and spiritual experiences, when the basket weaves together, create an unshakeable foundation for life. My experience has shown me that, when properly combined, this approach can do yield dramatic, life-saving results. This isn’t theoretical. This is fact-based, not only upon my personal experience but the experience of thousands of people who came before me.

If you or one of your loved one is suffering from addiction, please come to Mr. Javaid Baloch, Administrator Detoxification and Rehabilitation Complex Social Welfare Department Balochistan, he and his staff have more passion for recovery than I could not possibly convey in a message. They can help you make a beginning. They can help set you on a path to sustainable, lifelong recovery. Every journey begins with the first step. There IS hope and you CAN recover. ”

A message for all who are drug Addicts, Addiction is a Brain disorder and needs proper treatment and aftercare. Save your new generation lest it should not be late.

(Skindar Ali Baloch) Ex-Addict in 2013
QUETTA
3rd April, 2021