Saturday, October 23, 2021
07:01 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Saturday, August 28, 2021
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 2
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hashir56 is on a distinguished road
Default Confusion in opting subjects. Computer Science vs Political Science.

Assalam o Alaikum everyone. I hope all of you are fine. I am new to this forum. I have a big confusion whether to opt cs or ps?

I am a student of Software Engineering and Alhamdulillah I am doing great in my studies with good GPA, and I will finish my degree by 2022 In Sha Allah. I saw the syllabus of computer science and anyone related to cs will know that fpsc has added everything in that syllabus i.e. all the cs subjects taught in our 4 years degree program. Even there are portions like Digital Image Processing and Compilers which we have not studied as I am from software engineering and not computer science.

On the other hand, my father is Professor of Political Science and has served in the Civil Secretariat too so he is my mentor in my preparation for CSS. He can teach me political science very well according to the syllabus but again its syllabus is lengthy too and I have never studied it.

I need guidance in this matter.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Saturday, August 28, 2021
AbdulQadirJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Lahore
Posts: 171
Thanks: 20
Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts
AbdulQadirJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashir56 View Post
Assalam o Alaikum everyone. I hope all of you are fine. I am new to this forum. I have a big confusion whether to opt cs or ps?



I am a student of Software Engineering and Alhamdulillah I am doing great in my studies with good GPA, and I will finish my degree by 2022 In Sha Allah. I saw the syllabus of computer science and anyone related to cs will know that fpsc has added everything in that syllabus i.e. all the cs subjects taught in our 4 years degree program. Even there are portions like Digital Image Processing and Compilers which we have not studied as I am from software engineering and not computer science.



On the other hand, my father is Professor of Political Science and has served in the Civil Secretariat too so he is my mentor in my preparation for CSS. He can teach me political science very well according to the syllabus but again its syllabus is lengthy too and I have never studied it.



I need guidance in this matter.
Go for Political Science.

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbdulQadirJ For This Useful Post:
Hashir56 (Saturday, August 28, 2021), Urooj rajput (Sunday, August 29, 2021)
  #3  
Old Saturday, August 28, 2021
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 2
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hashir56 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you Mr. AbdulQadirJ for replying. Can you kindly explain a bit why I should go for Political Science?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sunday, August 29, 2021
AbdulQadirJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Lahore
Posts: 171
Thanks: 20
Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts
AbdulQadirJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashir56 View Post
Thank you Mr. AbdulQadirJ for replying. Can you kindly explain a bit why I should go for Political Science?
First: Why you should not opt CS

From my experience and some of other aspirants, it looks easy from reading syllabus and we think that this is piece of cake because we have already studied in our bachelors. But in practical, we have to prepare whole cs from basics to advance, everything like automata, assembly, architecture are just tip of ice berg. I'll only recommend cs when you have 100% grip on this subject and your concepts are fresh.

Second: Why you should opt Political Science

Poltical Science is interesting subject, containing bit of philosophy, world constitutions and mostly overlap with Pakistan and Current Affairs.

Choice is yours!

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AbdulQadirJ For This Useful Post:
Hashir56 (Tuesday, August 31, 2021)
  #5  
Old Sunday, August 29, 2021
Xing Lee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 239
Thanks: 91
Thanked 192 Times in 90 Posts
Xing Lee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulQadirJ View Post
First: Why you should not opt CS

From my experience and some of other aspirants, it looks easy from reading syllabus and we think that this is piece of cake because we have already studied in our bachelors. But in practical, we have to prepare whole cs from basics to advance, everything like automata, assembly, architecture are just tip of ice berg. I'll only recommend cs when you have 100% grip on this subject and your concepts are fresh.

Second: Why you should opt Political Science

Poltical Science is interesting subject, containing bit of philosophy, world constitutions and mostly overlap with Pakistan and Current Affairs.

Choice is yours!

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk
I agree. I opted for CS in the last CSS exams and the paper completely threw me off even though I'm a topper in my university for MSCS.

Always go for Political Science because it'll help you in some other papers as well such as Pakistan Affairs.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xing Lee For This Useful Post:
AbdulQadirJ (Sunday, August 29, 2021), Hashir56 (Tuesday, August 31, 2021)
Reply

Tags
computer science, help needed, political science, subject analysis, subject selection

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Democracy In Pakistan fahad269 News & Articles 1 Wednesday, September 23, 2020 03:17 PM
pak affairs notes uzma khan youzaf zai Pakistan Affairs 11 Sunday, October 13, 2019 02:31 PM
Falsifiability of science and transcendentlism of religion sajidnuml Essays 1 Wednesday, September 02, 2015 07:36 PM
Democracy in pakistan(Seniors Plz check my essay) sehrish jamal Essays 13 Sunday, March 08, 2015 12:32 AM
Principles of Political Science Xeric Political Science 8 Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:19 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.