Wednesday, April 24, 2024
06:09 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Cotton candy is on a distinguished road
Default In a dilemma - Semi-government job or not? Please guide

Hello everyone.

I have been offered a job in a semi-government organization (Bahria University) as a Lecturer. I want to apply for other government permanent jobs and as I am about to reach the age limit (33), I would need age relaxation.

I am listing my concerns:

The job letter doesn't list that the job is permanent. Instead, it says 'contract' and no other details are mentioned in letter (such as duration of contract, when will it be renewed, leaves, notice period, etc).

The personal file thing is what is making me most worried because they make a personal file and if God forbid something happens and my personal file gets messed up, I am worried that any other govt. dept won't hire me.

I want to apply for government permanent jobs and as I am about to reach the age limit (33), I would need age relaxation for that. Since the university is semi-government, I wouldn't get age relaxation (or will I? Please let me know).

If I am over-worked here, I won't be able to study as much for other permanent govt jobs tests and will lose out on them, cross the age limit, and then my job here might also not last (as it says 'contract' on the letter).

Please guide me as to what I should do, thanks.

Dire Wolf is on a distinguished road

Depends upon your financial situation, you need a job right now or you can wait?

Secondly, merit is usually high in fpsc and provincial commission jobs. Are you confident that you can secure a job there if you leave this opportunity right now??? Everyone knows better about himself.

Your worries about contract and work load have weightage as per my knowledge, rest God knows better.

And there was a test for lecturers in fpsc on Monday. Did you take that, if yes you must have an idea about where you stand when it comes to getting a job in government sector.

Cheetaa is on a distinguished road

First be clear what you want.

Secondly, it is better to have a job than no job (as you are planning for age relax for job that has not been adv so far).

Thirdly, you experience countes from now onwards so it means that ur time is not wasting as it would if u fail to join your current job.

Fourthly, believe me when u have job experience around 5 years than your will have more opportunities and new doors of applying for permanent jobs in gov sectors as you never had when u lack the required experince.

In short, i am telling you dont wastw this oppprtunity. Earn and enhance your experience. With that and with time you will be able to apply at many more positions and sectors including for permanent jobs.

Best of lk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thanks for your advices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Depends upon your financial situation, you need a job right now or you can wait?

Secondly, merit is usually high in fpsc and provincial commission jobs. Are you confident that you can secure a job there if you leave this opportunity right now??? Everyone knows better about himself.

Your worries about contract and work load have weightage as per my knowledge, rest God knows better.

And there was a test for lecturers in fpsc on Monday. Did you take that, if yes you must have an idea about where you stand when it comes to getting a job in government sector.
I can manage finances for a while. But if I get over-worked now, then I will miss out on few last chances of securing well in jobs tests, as I am reaching the age limit.

Also, this job is written as a one-year contract (renewable) which is very less, it's not even permanent. It was advertised as permanent which made me apply for it.

I have already worked in govt, I had managed to secure a job but that was also contract and the experience was not so good so I'm concerned about this now that it's not even permanent.

I did not appear in the lecturer FPSC test (missed it due to some other reason). I'm interested in an office job, instead of a lecturer.

Another main concern is that it is under Navy, and if my personal file gets messed up, no other govt job would take me (I am not saying I will mess it up, I am saying that God forbid if something bad happened, then this contract will also end after a year and I will also miss out on other opportunities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetaa View Post
First be clear what you want.

Secondly, it is better to have a job than no job (as you are planning for age relax for job that has not been adv so far).

Thirdly, you experience countes from now onwards so it means that ur time is not wasting as it would if u fail to join your current job.

Fourthly, believe me when u have job experience around 5 years than your will have more opportunities and new doors of applying for permanent jobs in gov sectors as you never had when u lack the required experince.

In short, i am telling you dont wastw this oppprtunity. Earn and enhance your experience. With that and with time you will be able to apply at many more positions and sectors including for permanent jobs.

Best of lk

As for your first point, I know that I want a permanent govt job, doesn't matter if it is not in teaching. I won't be able to study for any jobs when I have this tension on my head that I am working on contract which will not be renewed after a year if I don't over-work myself.

I have above 5 years of experience already, which will help me in getting next job.

I will give it one more day to think. I do feel like I should let this go.

Please add any points you feel like. Thanks a lot.

Believe me wherever you work as a job you cannot do things in mutiplicity.

Secondly from your above comments i understand that u want permanent job but u have concerns like over demand of work on contracture status of job.

On later i would say :

" treat ur contractual job as it is treating you "

Which means that dont over burden ur self under such condition. Set ur goals and pursue it. If any job comes at the cost of your nerves then i must say a person must start planning to leave it in gradual manner so that he can manage to join some other place. Any contractual job can be left with a prior notice of 15 to 30 days.

Thirdly, i donot know why u pointed multiple times about file or ACRs. If u did not do any wrong then no one spoiled it and it never matters under contractual job for some cases.

In contractual job u have leaverage to leave under ur own rules and circumstances rather than fired.

" So use such job in your way; not as if she uses u ".

In nutshell i suggest u to opt job till you get permanent. If it is becoming burden on u for any reason then measure the opportunitg in hand and what is comming afront so 'start vacating from ur job and many more' reason like to prepare for upcomming job. No one will stop u from vacation based on you guts to apply on genuine reasoms for vacation oftenly. When dust of your exams and preparation settle then become active on ur contractual job as u want it dearly.

All the best and also share whether u joined or not as final decision.

vampz is on a distinguished road

What about NOC? Later for applying more jobs you would be needing NOC which will totally reside in the hands of concerned authorities.

I am pointing to it because i was offered a 2 years contract in NAVTAC but they were reluctant to give NOCs later so i didn't join them. You must check if Bahria issues NOC easily.

Sent from my vivo 1920 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampz View Post
What about NOC? Later for applying more jobs you would be needing NOC which will totally reside in the hands of concerned authorities.

I am pointing to it because i was offered a 2 years contract in NAVTAC but they were reluctant to give NOCs later so i didn't join them. You must check if Bahria issues NOC easily.

Look for contractual job NOC does not matter as all.

If you are in service employee than it matters.

Old Friday, September 17, 2021

vampz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Look for contractual job NOC does not matter as all.

If you are in service employee than it matters.

Are you sure? I talked with Assistant Director and he said NOC won't ve given if you opt for 2 year contract.

If you are sure please let me know because i am offered contract jobs regularly.

Old Friday, September 17, 2021

Noc might required during application process whereas it depends on organjzation whether they ask u to submit as formalety on joining new deptt or position - when u had contractual job - because basic theme of Noc is for regular job holders not for contractual job person.

But in Pak due to errand nature of officers they demand from every body though by all status it must be for regular job holders rsther than co tractual person.

Old Saturday, September 25, 2021

Quote:
Believe me wherever you work as a job you cannot do things in mutiplicity.

Secondly from your above comments i understand that u want permanent job but u have concerns like over demand of work on contracture status of job.

On later i would say :

" treat ur contractual job as it is treating you "

Which means that dont over burden ur self under such condition. Set ur goals and pursue it. If any job comes at the cost of your nerves then i must say a person must start planning to leave it in gradual manner so that he can manage to join some other place. Any contractual job can be left with a prior notice of 15 to 30 days.

Thirdly, i donot know why u pointed multiple times about file or ACRs. If u did not do any wrong then no one spoiled it and it never matters under contractual job for some cases.

In contractual job u have leaverage to leave under ur own rules and circumstances rather than fired.

" So use such job in your way; not as if she uses u ".

In nutshell i suggest u to opt job till you get permanent. If it is becoming burden on u for any reason then measure the opportunitg in hand and what is comming afront so 'start vacating from ur job and many more' reason like to prepare for upcomming job. No one will stop u from vacation based on you guts to apply on genuine reasoms for vacation oftenly. When dust of your exams and preparation settle then become active on ur contractual job as u want it dearly.

All the best and also share whether u joined or not as final decision.

Thanks for your advice. I decided to not go for it. I forgot to mention that they had not mentioned anything in the letter. No mention of days of work, timings, duration of contract, will contract be renewed? If yes then on what conditions?, benefits, leaves, and so on. I had no idea what I was getting into. Moreover, it was advertised as a permanent job and later changed to contract. Final nail in the coffin was the NOC. I didn't want to risk any other permanent jobs with a job which wouldn't give me NOC and itself wasn't permanent even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampz View Post

Thanks for reminding me about NOC. It was the final nail in the coffin. I didn't join because NOCs are not issued easily, and in case you need an NOC and it is not issued, then it becomes a problem.