Thursday, April 25, 2024
06:24 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Default Ding Dong

Assalam Alaikum,

Mr. Memon, der aaye durust aaye.

Well Mr. Memon and Ms. Chaudhry, I personally like to applaud the efforts of both of u guys to take this discussion to the new level. As this is a very important issue faced by our society, I believe u guys are doing an excellent job not to leave any stone unturned. What Pakistan needs today is the intellectuals like you to take it to places in the 21 century, keep it up.

Yeah, guys keep your opinion coming as we have just barely started on the topic. KEEP IT COMING!

Thanks.
Gold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2006Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

36thCommons will become famous soon enough

Hallaluyiah!!!!
Mr. Memon, has just torn apart this thread with his razor sharp tongue!!!Well done!!!However,i'm going to tape it back as good as new !!

Our worthy friend has painted a grave picture where 58 year old Pakistan has been eternally condemned for still not maturing. I wouldn't say it, but Pakistan has come a long way as compared to adversoraries like those of the U.S who took a good two centuries to stand on their feet and walk with their chests pumped up.American history lasting from the years (1789-1900s) is a replica of the Pakistani society.So comparitive politics suggests that Pakistan has come a long way.

Then again,you seem to be doubtful if press freedom really exists and if it does then whether it exercises any influence on the enactment of Governmental policies.
The answer to your first question is that,how in God's name do you think we're having this conversation???Secondly,you feel that Pressure Groups only climax during democracies.Well,that happens,but only theocratically.Practically speaking,Political Sciences suggest that Pressure Groups (those inclusive of the press and electronic media) exercise influence over all establishments,icluding ours,and at all times,whether it be Presidential,Parliamentary,Totalitarian,Monarchial ,Democratic or Dictatorial.Further,how else do you think our domestic and foreign policies are formulated?How did Mukhtaran Mai recieve justice?How is Sonia Naz still breathing with all the hawks encircling her head to clutch the life out've her at the first opportunity????Waiting for an answer..

You've questioned my services for women rights,i find it blatantly vulgar to brag about them.But due to unavoidable circumstances,i'll let you in on the insight through the names my friends call me.Some of them include titles like Feminist,NGO,Phulan Devi..etc etc.. (Wipe that smile of your face)

The naive daddy's of this country claim they can't educate juvenilles cause of lack of resources.So what're thay suggesting...we let the poverty rate climb from 70% to a 100% ????
By God,if we can't afford sponsoring a child's education through quality schools then atleast we can tutor them ourselves,no???I promise it won't cost you a dime Adil,just a little time.

I feel that if all we can do is complain,then we're no different than the one's we're criticizing.
"Aik ho Muslim harm ki pasbani k liye
Neel kay saahil say lay kertabakhak a shager"

Wake up,o youth of Pakistan,and enkindle the fire of Muslim Supra Nationalism once again in history,engulfing all in it's path,or the thoughts of Sir Syed will be shaken and the concepts of Iqbal will also stand shatterred,soon!!!

Long Live Pakistan!!!!!!!

Last edited by THE 1; Tuesday, November 08, 2005 at 07:40 AM.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Default Ding Dong

Assalam Alaikum,

Coming back to the business of seeing if the glass is half empty or half full of Pakistan’s 58 yrs of History. My opinion will definitely be of that glass being constantly leaking from the punctures that we got, as a gift from our rulers.

While it is very immature of us to even compare ourselves to American History, and say we got a long way to go, may be another century and a half to become next best thing on the globe. Because America in 1776 (a correct year of Independence), was only comprised of 13 states, which was not even quarter of the size of Current US. Not only did these people took over the whole land from Atlantic to Pacific, in the first 100 yrs, but went through Industrial revolution, and such, and grew only stronger at home and in the region, before trying their luck across the Atlantic policies.

Whereas Pakistan, in last 58 yrs or so have not even made peace with its constitution, because every leader who comes in, be it the Rogue Secular Leaders, or the so called Enlightened Generals have been duty bounded to change its constitution, to make their KURSI more dominant. Not only did we lost half of our country, because the Bengalis were not accepted by the Western Pakistani BHUTTO, and so called Enlightened General AYUB and YAHYA, but have not even came close to solve the Problem of Kashmir, and are busy in the mumbo jumbo of diplomacy with India. If the state of Pakistan in last 58 years is been like this, how do we expect common man to get any justice from anyone, especially the rape victims? If these were the daughter of Musharraf, and not of people of Middle Class, we wouldn’t even be talking about these issues, because they would have been long solved by now. Just to give you an example, Mr. Musharraf was on the roll until he prosecuted the people who tried to assassin him in a record time, while on the other we don’t even know who killed Hakim Saeed, Mr. Salahuddin of Takbeer, Mr. Murtaza Bhutto and very many people. So keeping these facts in mind, I think it is one of the last forgotten priorities of establishment to even think about rape victims.

I think it was very naïve of us to bring American History, when we can talk about our neighbor Baniya’s history, even though we despise them, they are the people who made sure that they enter 21 century on the positive note.

Whereas, we only find leader of Pakistani movement and such as our inspirations, and the new leaders that we can be inspired with, are yet to be born.

Well, coming back to the issue of free press and media and such, the only thing Mr. Musharraf did was to let these victims become a poster child of bad judiciary that media portrayed very well. It is all but discouraging to other victims not to come forward, because if they do they are on their own, because government don’t give a damn, unless you are the daughter of some dignitary. Dr. Shazia was forced out; Sonia Naz is confined in the name of protection and such. We should find it our civil job to provide these ladies with a gun, so they can EENT KA JAWAB PATHAR SE DE SAKKEN, because only they can be phulan devi for their rights.

Coming back to the issue of stable institutions, like judiciary to be strong enough to make decisions for these victims, is close to impossible. For that we need an impartial judiciary that can make decisions withstanding any pressure, and it cannot be achieved when judges make generals a legal ruler of the country regardless of what public opinion is.

Thanks.

Last edited by Babban Miyan Ding Dong; Tuesday, November 08, 2005 at 07:46 AM.

riz is on a distinguished road

aoa ,
while reading all posts regarding sonia naz and m.mai, it is right that our govt: could not take any positive action to save them but be positive that no govt:wants that these kind of crimes happen in the country ,the basic thing which is the wrong is that the people who r working from the top to bottom ,they r not welll aware of the islam and its reall meaningAND THEIR DUTIES (including our govt.we "ve just named islamic but in reall we could not know the islam.if we know the basic of our realigion and our duties then i m sure we can come out from all disorder of life.i wish that GOD "ll make inshahallah our country free from all worries !
ALLAH MAY GIVE US COURAGE TO FIGHT ANGAINST THE CRIMES.