CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Urgent Help! CSS Registration Issue regarding O'Level Equivalence (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/131636-urgent-help-css-registration-issue-regarding-olevel-equivalence.html)

MaseCane Monday, August 01, 2022 06:02 PM

Urgent Help! CSS Registration Issue regarding O'Level Equivalence

I have done my O and A Levels both and also LLB (HEC Recognized Degree from University of London) but since I failed in O'Level Maths (U grade) I cannot get my Olevel Equivalence from IBCC but I do have my A Level equivalence and LLB degree.

Will FPSC create hurdles due to non-equivalence of OLevels and not allow me to give CSS because of no equivalence certificate of Olevels?

SalmanQadeer Monday, August 01, 2022 11:11 PM

As much as I hate to say this...

FPSC and all other government institutions of Pakistan do not recognise foreign qualifications and they are absolutely rigid with their equivalence policy of O and A levels. It is mandatory for you to have 8 subjects in O level and 3 full A level subjects in order to get an equivalence and without these equivalences you are not eligible for CSS at all. Disregard what anybody else tells you as I have O and A levels and I lost my equivalence certificates which made me ineligible for PPSC interview despite the fact that I showed them the photocopies. I would advise you to reappear for O level Maths and complete the equivalence requirements in order to avoid disappointment at any later stage. It is never too late to make things right. I have seen some cases where people get removed from service even decades after their appointment if it is found out that they were not eligible for the service that they joined. This matter will stay to haunt you even if you somehow make your way through.

MaseCane Tuesday, August 02, 2022 09:32 AM

But I want to appear right now for the exam(Feb 2023) this year and registration closes in November so I appear in Olevel Oct Nov session this year (2022) and get my result by January hopefully pass it (Maths Olevels) and complete my equivalence so just in case I pass CSS I have all my requirements for the interview?

Like I'm asking that can I register for CSS without the equivalence but have my equivalence ready by the time of interview ?

SalmanQadeer Tuesday, August 02, 2022 10:53 PM

Let me put some points clear for you:

1) Equivalence of O and A level are compulsory at the time of CSS application.
2) The General Certificates of Education by CAIE are not acceptable or required by the Commission.
3) Your equivalence certificate holds the legitimate date of your qualification.
4) The equivalence certificate holds your accurate to two decimal places result percent and marks.
5) In theory, you can forge this information in the form by putting a calculated date and calculated marks.
6) However as in Point 1, This would imply that you already have your equivalence certificate at the time of application for CSS.
7) No information that is provided to the commission can be changed as per the rules 2019.
8) You would have to be very influencial to have the O level equivalence generated on back-date.
9) Eventually you would be caught and you a Police case would be registered for forgery.

10) If I were you, I would go by the safe route and abide by the due process; appear for the Olevel exam, have the equivalence certificate and then appear in CSS the next year. it's no big deal if you weigh in the potential risks as mentioned in point 9.

I hope you get the idea. Besides, you can talk to anybody else on the matter as well. But as a word of caution, if you cannot pull off point 8 then don't risk it.

MaseCane Tuesday, August 02, 2022 10:58 PM

What do you mean to imply by the 8th point meaning "back-date"? Like you mean the back-date August 2023 provided I give Olevel Maths in JMay 2023?

Syed Zuhair Ali Wednesday, August 03, 2022 04:35 AM

[QUOTE=SalmanQadeer;1129834]FPSC and all other government institutions of Pakistan do not recognise foreign qualifications and they are absolutely rigid with their equivalence policy of O and A levels. It is mandatory for you to have 8 subjects in O level and 3 full A level subjects in order to get an equivalence and without these equivalences you are not eligible for CSS at all. Disregard what anybody else tells you as I have O and A levels and I lost my equivalence certificates which made me ineligible for PPSC interview despite the fact that I showed them the photocopies. I would advise you to reappear for O level Maths and complete the equivalence requirements in order to avoid disappointment at any later stage. It is never too late to make things right. I have seen some cases where people get removed from service even decades after their appointment if it is found out that they were not eligible for the service that they joined. This matter will stay to haunt you even if you somehow make your way through.[/QUOTE]
You replied in excellent manner. For Satisfaction of that candidate. Superb Bro.
I have also a question here; that the registration of CSS Exam has started or later mean.

Syed Zuhair Ali Wednesday, August 03, 2022 04:45 AM

Zuhair Abdi

Please, update me for CSS Exam screening test registration date & all kinds of News and notices. Related with CSS Exam screening test and about CSS Exams syllabus also as well as MCQ's.
Thanking you in this anticipation.

MaseCane Wednesday, August 03, 2022 04:58 AM

And one more thing Salman Qadeer Sb, you were able to appear in the PPSC exam without the Olevel equivalence and passed it and it was only at the stage of the interview that they asked you for the original equivalence? Please clear the ambiguity

01:27 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.