Saturday, April 20, 2024
05:21 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, November 04, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Default Musharraf accuses the West for Double Standards

Assalam Alaikum,

President General Pervaiz Musharraf, who was acting as a good will ambassador of the west in Pakistan, has accused GORA SAHAB of double standards in the recent BBC interview (well Mr. President, I suggest this ought to serve you as a reality check, and hope u stop day dreaming about West being darling to Pakistan).

He has suggested in that interview, that since there were no westerners involved in the Earthquake, and was just all PAKISTANI MUSLIMS, therefore it was not of utter concern to the donor countries.

Check out the article, even though it is brief, but shows his frustrations to his MASTER GORA SAHAB.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4405818.stm

Thanks.
Old Monday, November 07, 2005
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Soooo vulnerable!

I pity Musharraf's current condition. But then, instead of blaming the West for not generating funds, he should turn to his own people, they've never let him down before, and i'm sure the Pakistanis will never let their ailing brothers die.

since last December, the ratio of natural disasters is so high, that people who are left alive have become sort of immune to it, and the level of sympathy for recent victims is not as high as it was last December.

Nonetheless, by postponing the purchase of F-16s, hes not doing any good to the nation as a whole. Today, at the time of need, we did not have enough helicopters, who knows, tomorrow v'll be lacking jet-fighters. Also, these F-16s were promised by uncle Sam long time back, such deals should not be delayed any further. Though i understand that those F-16s are not worth what they were back when the Benazir Govt. paid for them, but still, its sort of an obsession now, we should get them by hook or crook. One more thing, didn't he say just 2 or 3 days back that the Govt. is not planning to cut down the defense budget even in these conditions? are the F-16s coming out of some other budget?

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF

Last edited by THE 1; Monday, November 07, 2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old Monday, November 07, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Default Got me Thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHaRRaF
One more thing, didn't he say just 2 or 3 days back that the Govt. is not planning to cut down the defense budget even in these conditions? are the F-16s coming out of some other budget?

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF
Brother Busharraf, your obeservations are always very useful.

The above point that you brought is something I was thinking as well, so may be you should pose that question straight to him at

presidentofpakistan.gov.pk

Thanks.
Old Friday, November 11, 2005
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Default Opinions would be appreciated...

I wanted the views of other active members on this topic. I don't think posting the question on the aforesaid website would be of any use. the President's too busy to be responding to questions posted on websites. Keep praying for Pakistan... I guess i read it on the last page of DAWN yesterday that an american official has praised Musharraf's decision of delaying the order of F-16s. I don't know, but if I were in his place, I would never have compromised. Its been almost 2 decades now. From my knowledge, the payment for those F-16s was made a long time back, what is the point of delaying their delivery anyways????? In case of a war breaking out, we'll once again be begging for jet-fighters? is that the course that our govts. wanna pursue each time something goes wrong in Pakistan?? I would seriously oppose the decision. But then, I'm not the one who's giving orders around here...

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF