Saturday, April 20, 2024
03:25 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, February 23, 2008

awais_666 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Pre Entry Test Requirement

i want to know that who agrees with entry test requirements for university admissions and why they agree or disagree?

and for my personal experience i will disagree with it in current conditions

i had been an entry test only once and i got 127 marks out of 400 and had a C grade in intermediate examination i had write down 10 choices and there were three merit lists to come but in all three lists i wasn't selected and another of my friend who had C grade in intermediate exam but in entry test he got marks in negative and in first merit list he was selected for his choice of department just one major reason that he had the rural domicile and i had the domicile of urban city of Hyderabad if the students have to be selected on the domicile basis why is the need of pre entry test?

another example
at another engineering university for electrical engineering department more then 1000 students had applied for it so there was 90 seats for the urban domicile holders and 90 for the rural domicile holders and it was shocking that there had only 77 students who were rural domicile holders applied for that department which is known the major department of the university and more then 1000 with the urban domicile so that only 90 were selected and in rural section all 77 were selected even they had negative marking in there pre entry tests? again same question then is there any need for pre entry test

another example
last year 5th position holder of Hyderabad intermediate board was my friend he studied for pre entry test got very high marks but again same situation he couldn't get selected at the medical university because of urban domicile here but he was selected at another university in Punjab so he left his city to study there

If there is need of pre entry test then it should be totally on merit no domiciles no markings no gaps should be seen only merit should be checked and if there you are putting any condition from above then i should suggest that pre entry tests are only wastage of money time and our intelligence nothing else so dont take them from any candidate just check there mark sheets and domiciles thats all
Old Saturday, February 23, 2008

habibrahet is on a distinguished road

Slam friend
@ awais

Pre entry test and Kota system are two different things
as you said you got 127 marks out of 400. would you tell me what was your number (position number from up to down).

I think, if there is not kota system, then what happend:
Your friend would'nt got addmission. but i think, you also not qualify for the seat. because there must be a large number of students who got more marks than you in pre entry test (i.e. more than 127). then the university must fill them before you.
i will tell you the plus points kota system and Pre entry test in my next post.

My GoaL is to be a Failure! If I reach my GoaL, I'll be Successful and if I don't reach my GoaL, I'll still be Successful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Habibrahet
Old Sunday, February 24, 2008

buddy there is kota system i have mentioned clearly that the people who got negative marks have also been selected just because of there domiciles and i am asking the same thing as u did that quota system should be removed if you are taking the pre entry test if you are running on quota system then what is the need of pre entry test when pre entry tests have been started at that time the vice chancellor's of many universities said that pre entry test is started just because that many students come here after cheating or using source and get good grades that is why we have started pre entry tests so my question is that if you have asked about the above thing then why you collect the marks of the student and then domicile and then pre entry test marks all are joinded together is it merit then?if you want to see merit through pre entry test then why you are checking the domicile and why you blaming the student for his domicile? it is not his fault i can agree on the marks but on quota system i wont

and dear habib rahet i have needed comments from you on favor of disfavor of pre entry test so tell us why and why not

THANKS

emaanhateem is on a distinguished road
Default i agree

hi buddy.....pre entry test is a trap which preys intelligent students mostly.i agree with your statments as i also hav taken pre entry test and the reason of failure is unknown.is it possible dat u may get 84% in fsc and fail in such test??????????..rare cases may occur.....but for past 5-6 years in punjab,pre entry test is contantly losing fresh, young and energetic blood as its criteria is rural domecile and unfare checking.the authority says its computorize checking is defaultless and any claim is not responded....in 2006 board's 3rd position holder was failed in medical entry test and she tried to commit suicide...and in 2007 another board's 2nd position holder became its victim...is it possible? i dont think so dat a student get position in board level has no intelligence to pass such test.....it is a situation in punjab and others i dont know

KOTA SYSTEM:

Kota system is good only to courage those people who belongs to rural area, so they got qualified and then let their next generation to be educated. for this purpose it (kota system) is plus point for Pakistani nation , it will help to increase our education ratio in rural areas.

people who live in urban areas have much facilities for their education, like Tution centres, Private institutions (for tuter), and have many qualified persons in neighbours or neighbouring areas. but the person who belong to rural area, havent had any facility to survive for education (like tuter) or to consult with anyone for his slybus.

That's why, KOTA system helps them, if they have not sufficient merit, they may be eligible for carreer.

consider, if there are 100 seats 70 for urban and 30 for rural.
candidates appeared 400 urban, and 100 rural,

the pre-entry test result was:

urban: (1)92%, (2)92%, (3)91%, (4)91%, (5)90%,(6)80%, ............. ... ... .. (70)76.8%...................... (150)65% .........

rural: (1)78%, (2)72%,(3)68%.......... (30)40%..........(100)-50%

there are two different threads, and take a look, after we differentiate Domicile basis, we must apply merit system in these list indivually.

so we concluded that, we can't compare them.

HOWEVER :
our system is wrong. Most people who are settled in urban areas posses rural domicile, that is another case, that is mis use of oppertunity given to rural people.

the plus points regarding pre entry test have been defined above by EMAANHATEEM. (same as i wanted to share, thanks emaan).

doosri baat, ager kota system khatam bhee kar diya jaey, to hamaray jaisay students ko itna khaas faida nahi pohanchay ga, kyoon kay hamara number pre-entry test main kafi neechay aata hay, (may be at 100 or 150, ya iss say bhee neechay)

teesri baat, ager pre-entry test khatam kar diya jaey, to pichlay board kay exam main hamaray number kum hotay hain, (may be 60's ),

now a days, If we take a look at results, we find hundreds of students get marks more than 75% marks.

so the pre entry test is a plus point for the student like us (probably myself) who secured marks hardly between 50's and 60's percent in our acadmic carreers, that although we can't got enough marks, but we can again revise and appear in pre-entry test and proove ourselve with comparision to those students who secured a high percentages in acadmic careers.

HOPE MY THOUGHT IS +VE.

My GoaL is to be a Failure! If I reach my GoaL, I'll be Successful and if I don't reach my GoaL, I'll still be Successful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Habibrahet

Pre entry test verifies the candidate that whether or not he deserve for the seat at the time of addmission.

one may got good marks in acadmic carreer, if he applies for any seat after some time (gap), (we can assume that may be he is not enough able than that time, when he got those good marks) so pre entry test help us to check the ability of that candidate.
similerly, if a person is good in his education, but unfortunately he did'nt got good marks in acadmy,(due to any reason, illness, wrong use of administration or jealusy or anything else) he may prove himself by pre entry test.

i am giving an example, In my department there are some vacencies for stenographer

requirement
shorthand/typing speed: 80/40.

do you beleive the between all the candidate from all over the pakistan who appeared for the test, the candidate with top position in short hand has only 25wpm in short hand.
dont you think he is not deservable.

merit say, he deserves coz, noone can defeat him.

so if one person belongs to rural area, whether he got negative marking, he deserve for the post (seat). cos we (our country) wants increment in the ratio . not only our country, i also think so,

hum un dehaat kay rehnay walon ko (villagers) ko ager matric , inter ki achhi taleem na pohancha sakay, to kum uz kum apni universities main chund seats un kay liay MUKHTUS kar saktay hain takay, woh kum uz kum agay to mehroom na rahain, hum zara ghor karen to maloom hoga, kay hum yeh subsidery sirf usi student ko day rahay hain jo apna gaon chhor ker itni door parhanay kay liay aana chahta hay. ager taleem hasil karnay kay liay woh ek qadam barh raha hay, to hum ko bhee agay barh ker usko thaamna chahiay.

acquiring higher education is the fundamental right of each pakistani whether he belongs to a village.

Habibrahet
Old Monday, February 25, 2008

Habib Rahat
so do you agree with that that meritorious students should be held back and the students who have failed pre entry tests should qualify? as i presented my example i took 127 marks and at same place my friend took only 17 and he was selected is that ok? and yes i have presented another post of government universities i would like to take your comment on it and as emaanhateem has presented the examples from punjab also dont you think that there should be a government university in all cities of Pakistan and same education system all around it tutions buddy i never took tution and many didn't i would also say that at government universities there is that much capacity that if seats get doubled still there would be no problem for them just they have to hire some more staff they can divide everyone in sections and timings but they dont you are right there is fault in our system but who is gonna change it i am waiting for that change i would say our universities are on international caliber they just need some efforts from our education so that no one can say that i have to go abroad to study etc and students should come from overseas to study with us as many are doing right now in front of us just needed some efforts and please read my post of government universities
I am in favor of Pre Entry Test if it is only took to check the merit of a person and as you have also said that many rural domicile holder students are living in urban areas and also there are alot of cases for fake domiciles even in CSS also i have seen many students living in villages but they got the double the standard from us even there domicile supports them but if they dont have the domicile they can still succeed and i would also go on some figures that in Pakistan how many students qualify FSc yearly? would be in millions i guess so when everyone can qualify there FSc in there personal choice so why can't universities give all them seats for there choice of subject we just have to see the value of the subject here but i have seen many students which got those subjects which are not valued here but still they are having a successful life
THANKS
Old Monday, February 25, 2008

salam friends

@ awais

you are absulately correct, but at this stage, our point of view is different. i am in favour of villagers as they are also checked by merit only in rural people, its another case they are not enough in qty.

i have read your that thread too, but reply some later.

thanks

Habibrahet