Thursday, April 25, 2024
12:43 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, December 18, 2005
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future
Default Attention : Repartiriation of Pakistanis from Bengla Desh

AoA

i pray for well being and prosperity of all of you

------

day before yesterday was an important day in the history of Pakistan, which cannot should not go unnoticed. The day is not only rememberance of old ties but also an eye opener for shaping our internal policies.

The game started from 1947, when relentless efforts by the leadership of All India Muslim League and Muslims of British India culminated into cherished goal of Pakistan.

From day one, India bent upon for re-parting of subcontinent into one India and started problems for a nascent Pakistan to undo the partition in its initial breaths

But, as per saying of Quaid-e-Azam the country was created to live and to live for ever

Pakistan had to involve into a war in its first year of emergence in the high mountains of Jammu & Kashmir

Consequently, Pakistans early policies were shaped in a view of quest of security from our Eastern Borders as well as from our Western borders

However, tensions rose in Runn of Kuch in 1965 nd some skirmishes took place which caused India Army to retreat from the Runn. This action of Indian Army involved high ups in Pakistani sides to make some plannings. The result was Operation Gibraltar and Operation Grand Slam launched in the August and early September, 1965. However, it was not a shrewd decision as all stakeholders were not involved in the planning properly. India, to release pressure in CFL in Kashmir launched all out war through International boundary on the night of September 06, 1965.

War ended and truce made in the city of Tashkunt.

Now, India boosted her efforts in a venture in the Eastern Wing of Pakistan. Regretfully, there were very less, who did have any soft corner in their hearts and active corner in their minds. The Indian hand caused tensions in the East Pakistan. The was was not started by India but they were our own brethren the East Pakistanis.

Any how, neither political set up nor army could save the eastern wing from secession. It was the bitter day of December 16, 1971 when instrument of Surrender was signed between General Arora Singh of Indian Command and Lt. General Amir Abdullah Khan Niazi, Commander Eastern Command of Pakistan Army in the Paltan Ground, Dhakka.

Whatsoever the causes of war were, Pakistan lost its Eastern Wing but the game did not end there.

Another story starts from this era and it has not been ended so far, this is the story of Bihari Muslims, who, at the time of partition in 1947 preferred to go to East Pakistan. During 1971 they gave their all out help to Pakistan Army. But .......

Since then to date, those Bihari Muslim, better to say Pakistanis are living in Geneva Camps in various positions in Bengal Desh. These are the camps only by name they are neither Bengalis nor Pakistanis, because none of Pakistani Government accepted them as their ramnants, they thought that these Pakistanis, about 300,000 in number, can cause influx and detriorate the condition in the country in terms of social, cultural and economical problems.

The slogan of independant Pakistan was initially started from the Muslim minority provinces in the British India and the ancestors of these people were infact torch bearers of Pakistan Movement.

It is indeed a matter of concern that we opened our gates for millions of Afghanis, of whom about 4 million are still in Pakistan and not only eating away our resources but many of them are causing bad name to the country. Even Afghanis in Afghanistan considers Pakistan as their bitter enemy and this land, the Pakistan, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the land of pures, dont have any place even for graves of those Pakistanis living in the worst conditions.

Appeal :

Ipso facto, i made a plan and had deliberated with some friends of mine and we are of considerate opinion that we are running for the top services of the country and if are selected or not, we are the future of Pakistan so we must have to make pragmatic approaches for solidarity of the country. In this context, a plan has been proposed as elaborated below :

- We all try our best to draft letters and send them to President of Pakistan, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Foreign Minister of Pakistan etc. the letters should have some brief history of the case and request that the Pakistanis living in abject poverty in Bengal Desh may be repatriated to Pakistani soil. There number should be calculated and equally distributed to all provinces. the burden should be borne by the Federal Government, the government can get fundings from various agencies, which can give funds for settlement of these Pakistanis. Look, at present the number of members of this forum exceedes 1000 and if at least 50 of us can make letters then certainly it can inflict some thing. the letters may also be addressed to leading newspapers. Another thing, please dont send anonymous letters as anonymous letters are not liable to be considered at an official level.
------------------------
I pray for all of you and request that please make letters in the light of above paragraphs, certainly we can make difference. We are the future of Pakistan
Abdullah

Exclamation N.B... sorry 4 being a bit violent

Brother tabassum i'm really pleased to see such an important issue being raised by you,,,,but there are some consciousness gaps at the part of our ruling junta,,,,whatever you are trying to do , i will be the first one to join hands with you to pass our entreaties to the ruling high ups,,,,but brother (disappointingly), i see it seldom of these dimwitted and heedless people being moved even an inch from their places,,,,this issue has been raised a number of times in the past as well, but every thing has been an exercise in futile,,,,pakistani govts have been reluctant to accept them , just due to their(govts') regard for their sindhi allies,,,, sindhi leaders had the fear of turning of the urbun sind into a more heterogenius and multiethenic cosmopoliton, already burdened with more than required urdu speaking population,,,well sindi concerns might have been true .....but the ex cm punjab late ghulam haider waain had put forward a proposal to rehabilitate and repatriate all of them into punjab,,,,,The Joint Committee of Pakistan and the Rabita-e-Alam-e-Islami, chaired by the then Prime Minister and head of the Rabita (Mr Omer-bin-Naseef) held several meetings at that time and agreed on the following package of measures and programmes:
1) Punjab will select 10 different cities where 10,000 to 20,000 flats will be built for the settlement of these families.
2) The ownership rights of these flats will be transferred to the families after 10 years, so that they do not sell their flats and shift to Karachi.
3) A survey of these families will be carried out in Dhaka, to determine their occupational categories and shift them to cities where employment opportunities in their respective occupations would be readily available.
4) The government of Pakistan agreed to meet 50 percent of the cost of the whole project (about $400 million) and Rabita undertook to mobilise through private donors in the Arab world, the remaining 50 percent, for the construction of these flats and for the transport of these families over a period of 24 months. It was indicated that Saudi Arabia may donate one or two passenger planes, which could then bring about 300-400 persons every day from Dhaka to Lahore.
5) To initiate the project without any delay, the amount of Rs 40 million already available in the Rabita Fund (contributed earlier by the government of Pakistan) would be released to the government of Punjab to start the construction of the first bloc of flats.
Very effective action was taken during 1992 to implement these decisions. The survey of families was carried out, ten cities in Punjab were chosen, the design and cost estimates of the flats were completed, the first bloc of 3,000 flats was built near Mian Channu and the first batch of 300(?) families came to Lahore in December 1992.
But in the next few weeks, Rabita was unable to mobilise the funds promised by them, throwing the feasibility of the project in doubt. In April 1993, the then government was dismissed and the whole project went into cold storage. No effective action was taken in the next 12 years to find a way to bring these refugees to Pakistan.
tailpiece: tabassum bhai there is some difference between the afghan refugee problem and the biharis
@afghans: it was really an open hearted and generous notion to have our afghan brethren settled in our country, but for them it was not only pakistan, but also usa which was involved directly, and a generation of drug traffickers and literalist mullas was to be prepared out of them , to serve long term yankee interests...and also to prepare an all seasoned breed of sectarian obscurantists,,,,,,,,
@Biharis: all they can do is to celebrate the days like 14th august , 6th sep and 25th dec to show their heartfelt and eternal love for pakistan and to work relentlessly for the betterment of pakistan(this is their resolve which they have been showing since 1971). brother ! once they have got nothing to offer our military, executive, and legislative mafia, then to me lest these ruling people should again turn a deaf ear to our appeals.. but brother in the end i'm not all that pessimistic, just tell us the mecanism or to put our joint pleading in front of the pm or president....i'm with you to contribute towards this noble cause
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Brother Tabassum,

My heartily greetings to you. I really appreciate your kind and optimistic nature.

But brother I would like to refresh one thing here. Those Biharis helped Pakistan Army in the conflict with Bengalis.

Now the Bengalis call them traitors and Pakistan is already fed up with the Afghan Refugees. Pakistan is somehow finding ways to kick those Afghanis out and it's really impractical to think that Pakistan will embrace the Biharis at all. Unfortunately I have similar views of Naveed.

But notwithstanding all the ruthlessness i'm filled with... i'll join you in the mission of humanism.

Regards,
Adil Memon

(Tabassum... I realise today that i'm not as kind as you. I saw their pictures in the Dawn Review this thursday.. just threw it away - didnt even take pain to read that )

"YOU'RE GREAT" (Salutes for you)

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Administrator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 282 Posts
Argus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to behold

ASA,
Brother! i really appreciate ur idea and respect ur thoughts.
Let us join hands to help our brethren.
Also i request all the Members to consider the appeal
Regards,
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Brother Tabassum, U just proved urself to be a TRUE PAKISTANI, that I am sure everyone of us is proud of...

Count Babban Miyan in...

If u can brother, plz post some more detailed articles on the issue...for the members who may not be well versed with it.

Thanks.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Wah boy is on a distinguished road

Dear All Salam,

A very noble cause and a great idea.

Tabssaum bhai that is very good of you to come up with that idea. Please tell us in detail how we can procced that from here.

Regards

Last edited by Argus; Sunday, December 18, 2005 at 09:58 PM.