CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Discriminatory situation regarding women (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/21716-discriminatory-situation-regarding-women.html)

humi Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:32 PM

Discriminatory situation regarding women

what is ur opinion about the discriminatory situation regarding womens? if anyone comments or share some information?

fromQAU Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:55 PM

i think..........

if u r asking about our pakistani society, i think there is a little discrimination existing.it is bcoz this is a traditional society with its own characterstics.the roots of this phenomenon of discriminatory attitude towards women lie in our history and experience with motley of events.now this society is surely heading, though gradually, 2wards liberalisation and westernisation.so u dont need to be pessimist in this regard.

faisalraza Tuesday, February 17, 2009 02:25 AM

Wow

fromQAU
now this society is surely heading, though gradually, 2wards liberalisation and westernisation.so u dont need to be pessimist in this regard.
?
?
is it a right direction?

Force Of Attraction Tuesday, February 17, 2009 02:59 AM

Tha Jo Nakhob Batdreej Wohi Khob Howa
K Ghulami Me Badal Jata Hai Qaumo Ka Zameer

fromQAU Tuesday, February 17, 2009 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=faisalraza]fromQAU
now this society is surely heading, though gradually, 2wards liberalisation and westernisation.so u dont need to be pessimist in this regard.
?
?
is it a right direction?[/QUOTE]
u took me wrong.

i did not actually mean what u got.
i wanted to say that ,like west (where women r working at par with the men),we are also heading to be so.

don't u admire west for such things like equality b/w men & women??
i think that good things must be borrowed.

@
Force Of Attraction

good lines.
but plz dont mis-interpret the things.

Force Of Attraction Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:44 AM

@quaidian

the lines were indeed good ..but the intention behind those was even better...

so u suggest tht good things should be borrowed... but who is going to set a criteria between good and bad...y to borrow good things from west and not from Islam...

y dont we adopt the hindu day in which sisters give RAKHI to there brothers...there is no wrong in this...but do u suggest us to adopt this ...

Islam is complete n we need not to borrow any thing from west...

go n give a glance to the repurcussions of industrial revolution...

Cherubic Smile Wednesday, February 18, 2009 09:42 AM

well this is true that women are often made to slug it off in mud but this attitude is limited to the penury or lower middle class but the women from upper class are enjoying the echelons of power

aliraza171 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:32 AM

Clean Bold

Ours Is A Male Dominating Society.this Discrimantion Has So Much Role In Our Daly Life That We Can't Totally Kick It Out.we Can't,completely, Mold Our Society Into Westen Mode But We Can Take Their Way.this Is What Gen Musharaf Did.a Powefull Role Is Playing ,the Mullahs ,in This Regard.they Thought The Freedom Of Women Is Detrimental To "their" Islam.
To Take Women As Par To Our Male In The Status-quo,this Orthodox Ideology Must Be Stumped Out.

Frankenstein of css Wednesday, February 18, 2009 02:57 PM

Well the discrimnation faced by women in our society is considering them the second sex
We as man cosider our self more powerful, superior and on a higher social ground just because of our physical make up.
A women is faced by offensive gaze of man when she left her home in order to earn subsistance amount to sustain the life style of her family. She has to face all the crude behaviour but yet she compete in order to prove her mattle
We consider our insult being ordained by a women superior.
We can throw acid on a poor , helpless fellow . We can deprive her the right of education . we dont consider us human enough to have her participation in suffrage but yet on the hand we want her to indulge in extreem hard labor , to be as obsequios as she can and to bear all the rudeness as she has to follow the whims and caprices of her master THE MIJAZI KHUDA :sick .
So the reality is that we have follow shining principles. Islam , an enlightened paradigm gives women to fare freely in every walk of life.
She has total freedom of doing a bussinees . To become the most esteemed scholar Our traditions , our culture and our inheritance of values is incomplete , if we ignore the contribution of Rabia Basari, Hazarat asma, hazarat ayesha and khatoon - e janat hazarat fatima.
Man of pakistan has to judicious enough to give the due respect , the due status as it was compelled on us as per the obligation by our religon.
Women will not face any discrimination , if islam in its true spirit could be enforced in our society :mellow:

public_servant Wednesday, February 18, 2009 04:23 PM

Where is she ?

All the participants in this thread giving their best views. But it is strange that (humi) who is feeling descrimination about women not sharing her views.

It would be better if humi starts with her views that why she feel so ?

09:10 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.