Saturday, April 20, 2024
07:21 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Military Govt Better Than Democracy ?
Yes 19 47.50%
No 16 40.00%
I dont Know 5 12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, March 08, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqib Shah
Why we always ready to shake hand with Foreign hands????....

Why we give more preference to USA or British then A Miltary Dictator(atleast they are pakistani)?????..
Dear brother when I said: If experience is the factor then why shouldn't we invite Britain or American to rule us because they are more experienced than our dictators?
It was neither a proposal nor a question rather it was a critism on following lines:

You know that Dictatorship is more experienced then Democracy in pakistan(Zia,Ayub,Yahya etc)...so why not we give more chance to experienced and qualified person...Our democratic leaders are hardly have a matric or fsc certified...
The Following User Says Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
irshadsod (Sunday, March 07, 2010)
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,681 Times in 873 Posts
AFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud of

Dictatorship
which in our case could be military dictatorship or political dictatorship.
usually associated with discipline(military)
victimization of political opponents(political)
no plitical or civil liberty (zia era)
extreme nationalism
effective as work is done through power
lower crime
centralization of power(people become spectators)
best during chaos and uncertainity as army takes control of everything
(they take care of politicians first)
you have to be a military personel or very srong political leader to yield power
its purely about quality(exclusive authority)

Democracy
which is considered as people rule (not in our case)
equality for all,welfare of the people,liberty of civil rights (really)
decentralization of power plus decentralization of corruption
works in peace time(we are in a war like situation or not)
anybody can be a ruler as everybody is equal.(yes its true)
its about quantity(head count + lotta count)

we love strong ruler that have immense power our history is replete with soldiers conquerers
like M Bin Qasim,Ghori,ghaznavi....................
we love great commanders and name our weapons after them
may be they come to save us from precariuos situation,what is the situation now ,are we looking for a saviour
be it military or political.have politicians set the perfect ground for yet another incursion?
but the sad part is that democracy is in the hands of feudals,and whatever time they(political setup) get from dictators they dont utilize to make democracy strong .in either case people suffer.
we denizens of Pakistan want rule of law,justice,welfare for all,we can only pray that rulers understand this that we want basic necessities (water,electicity,education,health) not luxuries.

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote
first and take orders later;in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to AFRMS For This Useful Post:
irshadsod (Friday, April 23, 2010)
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough

[I dont know who is best but right now we need a sincere person.
He seriously believes in nation state of pakistan and who , atleast , should be prudent enough not to consider him the most indespensible to nation state of pakistan. So we may not get another monster userping our rights.
In the current scenario yeah military is far better, atleast they want to keep pakistan for what it is. Military man vowed to be protectors to boundaries of pakistan are far better than these stooges of foreign powers, who doesnt have any stake with this nation and its future

hanna is on a distinguished road

Actually we r puzzeld and confused about western concept of democracy.
we do have our own specific problems which need specific remedies.
It is written in the constitution that Soverighnity belongs to Allah almighty alone and the people r like trustees including the elected leaders they shall use the power according to the injuctions of Islam.
but here in pakistan people r uneducated and unaware of the value of their votes.Might is right whosever has money come into power and do whatever he likes.Military comes to save the country from further deterioration but after taking over they themselves indulge in politics and become corrupt.
so we need awareness from the roots till the the top.
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough

I think we lack institutions which safe guard the basic human rights. Civil society is still in its juvenescence. Media is under the influence of few influential mogals.
We have a very corrupt judiciary and thus a total absence of any hindrance for criminal elements for having their unethical order in country.
We don’t have a free and fare election commission and thus we don’t have sincere leadership and clean politicians to serve us.
This trend of intolerance, this lack of respect of law and self-centered nature is now a part of our psyche. From the nook and corner of every street to the highest echelon of power , we witness only egocentricity and caring for personal designs.
Most of us don’t treasure our country and thus happily become a part of any mafia, which can help us in fulfillment of our egocentric and nefarious motives.
We still see our establishment as a part of exploitive clique and they also don’t disappoint us by doing whatever in their powers to have a hegemony our their own country man
Military or democrats, we need people who are sincere to this nation, who don’t consider themselves being a part of supernatural breeds: thus considering themselves a part of this country, implementing such policies which will enable us to be a prosperous, progressive and a tolerant society.
We need a governance which decision are transparent and in the best interest of our Nation

hira imam rizvi is on a distinguished road
Default @ above

It has to be. Lets be frank and honest here. The golden periods of PAKISTAN history are Ayub era and Musharaf era. be it economy or over all image of PAKISTAN. The reason to me is: We are a nation that has to be told what to do, blame it to our lethargy or naiveness, but we can't get up to do something at our own. So if there is a person who knows the right direction to guide us too, who needs a bunch of dum dums who know nothing about anything?

wajidgaad22@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up re:reply Hira

i agree With Hira, that best era Was of Mushraf,s and I have not seen Ayub,s so i can,t comment on that But Mushraf,s First Three Years Were Superb not doubt .
hira imam rizvi (Sunday, March 08, 2009)
Old Monday, March 09, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough
Default The Golden Era of Pakistan

Everyone has his own set of mind, I won’t give any comments about dictatorship but how would you justify the your claim about dictatorship of General Musharraf as the Golder era of Pakistan. His wise decision of military operation over Kargil, his astute opinions of military attack in Jamia-Hifsa, his prudent pronouncement of war against terrorism in Waziristan or his humble ideology of an assault over Dera Bugti? How can anyone think of him as a forestalling leader who himself agreed in an interview with an Indian channel that his decisions couldn’t yield the result he thought they would.

“As you sow so shall you reap.”
But here the situation is a little going to change; it would be our Country which is going to face the critical and belligerent consequences.

hira imam rizvi is on a distinguished road
Default Hmmm,lets see

As i said before, we need to be told what to do every single time, i did forget to add that we also have to be told how to do it?
I still support President Musharaf for a number of reasons like I grew up in the era of Zia dictated democracy + PPP and IJI/PML(N) democracies.
one night when i slept the name of MY country's PM was Benazeer and when i woke up it was Nawaz Shareef!
The kargil operation was a failure at democratic table. Go read the facts my dear.
The Jamia Hafsa wasn't attacked, it was rescued from foreign based militants.It was a fort of enemies within our capital.Any such thing has to be destryed.You tell me, do you feed the rats or termites that devour on Your homes' foundation?When a man is sworn in in Army he is asked to defend his country from ANYthing or ANYONE.It remains the fact against Dera Bugti as well.
The war against terror,my dear friend,had we not participated by helping the US,we would have been runned down for the base camp.Do you think the morale of your nation would have been with stood?
I can provide you with startling figures but its just a friendly discussion here, not a debate.
The Following User Says Thank You to hira imam rizvi For This Useful Post:
aphrodite (Sunday, May 17, 2009)

shah110 is on a distinguished road

Great Topic ... and Great Discussion..

All those who are participating have commented in a logical way on their part, but the point i would like to raise here is, have you ever think that why democracy is not harvesting the due profit which it should from the field of democracy, eventhough we know that Dictatorship is not ahead in race of characteristcs. The problem here is that in our country the rate of literacy is very low, in rural areas people doesn't know whom to vote who is right and who is wrong, but a cycle of inheritance is followed. Is that Democracy?

And Our Politicians whom we say are Political Leaders, they all also are Dictators in real sense. So what i want to conclude here from the above little justification is that, the current government and all political leaders including shareef brothers, Qazi hussain Ahmed, Fazlur Rehman, Q league and many others except few fair people who are not politicians but are patriot of pakistan Like Aitzaz Ahsan, Ali Ahmed Kurd, Imran Khan and some others who are not highlighted on media.

What we need at this point of juncture?

Believe me we don't need Democracy, we don't need Dictatorship, But, First of all we need sincere people. From wheresoever institute they come it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that the fair person comes from army or from civilians, but should be sincere to the nation of Pakistan.

I would like to Quote here a glimps of Islamic history... As we know that Hazrat Ali (a.s) was a brave soldier of Islam as well as a great administrator of Public. Hazrat Omer (r.a) was also a brave soldier of Islam as well as a good governer of Islamic State. The people who say that the militiray man couldn't be a good politician are wrong, because our Islamic history projects that Muhammad Bin Qasim was a great military man, he was a great soldier of his times, as well as a great administrator of islamic state in Subcontinent, when he called back from the center, people of subconinent wept for him. It doesn't mean that only a soldier or a military man can be a guardian of a nation, but i meant to say was that anybody can be a good guardian of a state with wise and practical vision of politics but with sincerity. Because without sincerity no system can work.

God Bless Our Loving Pakistan.
The Following User Says Thank You to shah110 For This Useful Post:
irshadsod (Friday, April 23, 2010)