Saturday, April 20, 2024
06:05 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Military Govt Better Than Democracy ?
Yes 19 47.50%
No 16 40.00%
I dont Know 5 12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, March 18, 2009

wajidgaad22@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
yap i agree with Hannah that it is Leadership Qualities that matters,and also leader must be well versed in problems of common man and he must know how to tackle them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEYAN
Hello dear!
this is Reehan. I need some current affairs topics and outlines of essays for coming examination. I cant spare my time for that because of office work. Plz do help me I will remain ever thank ful to you.
Thanks

well rehan what type of help u need ? i think u can Get Current Affairs material From Newspapers,as well as From Tv, and Monthly Digest or Quarterly Digest available in Market .

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

I really sometimes feel bad about our overall national temperament that we as nation even after 60 yrs are not able to decide which form of govt is suitable for us .

Last edited by Predator; Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old Saturday, May 16, 2009

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

@ Ziakhan

Democracy is the best form of govt if implemented in a real sense.BUt democracy can flourish and develop in educated,economically stable,and wise people.IF we see the examples of UK,USA and INDIA they are economically satble.And especialy in UK and USA the democracy is implemented in true sense.IF we think about Pakistan democracy in Pakistan education level is very low and pakistan is also economically unstable since its very inception that,s why democracy can not be implemented here.the continuouse changes in govts of pakistan consequently resulted in discontinuity of diffrent progames of development works.

BUt if we see the millitary govt and martial law regims when they come they stay 4 long long time and they also have much authority and powrs in thier hands as compare to democratic govt.so i think military govt is much better than democratic but only in case of pakistan and some other countries.
The Following User Says Thank You to nazlili21 For This Useful Post:
hira imam rizvi (Saturday, May 16, 2009)
Old Saturday, May 16, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

New Student has a spectacular aura aboutNew Student has a spectacular aura about

i am here adding some of my research concerning the economic growth relation with democracy. this is a cross country research comparing the democratic countries economic growth with that of non-democratic ones. after controlling for such important variables as infrastructure, education, debts, tax collection and international trade pattern. it turned out that in the medium period of 5 to 10 years military government is better while for longer duration (i.e. above ten years) democratic governments are much better in terms of economic growth. this research also confirmed the earler studies acceptance of the same hypothesis that democracy results in higher growth than military govts.(u can refer to those studies in advanced macroeconomics by Romer and growth theory by Xavier and Sala-i-martin) (hope i will publish this research soon)

hope democracy would continue its journey for long duration in our beloved country.

Regards
Old Sunday, May 17, 2009
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough
Default @SikanderHayat007

I quite understand your emotions my friend. You are not a dormant Pakistani. You are seething with anger over the injustices performed by the elite and the corrupt. I totally agree and have always been a proponent of these sadistic politicians' wholesale slaughter. We need not glorify people like BB in death if we saw her as a culprit in life. If we simply let these 'termites' go in exile, they or their children will some day return and ruin the country once again. So a wounded arm must be amputated from the body in order for the body to survive.

@Raz
To many, such an opinion would seem lunatic and holding negative polarity. However, if we study world history we realize that nations have never woken from their slumber through a process of evolution, but they have done so through revolutions- bloody or white, although usually bloody. I didnt really understand your point when you stated the thing about 'such a restless soul either becoming a rebel or part of a revolution'. Do you percieve any of these to be wrong? In my view, what the state may call a 'rebel' may just happen to be challenging the status-quo and rightly so. So yes, I pray to the heavens that we may have restless souls to shape Pakistan's glorious destiny.
Old Sunday, May 17, 2009

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Nalera
AOA,,,,,,,,
Dears, I am agree
Worst Democracy is better than the best Dictatorship
Because in Democracy every one can arise his voice against cruel. It is Democracy that allow Lawyers, PML(N) and other political parties and public to arise their voice. It is fruit of Democracy that we success to restore the sacked judiciary. I think in dictator regime, we could never do this.
Yes faisal u r right that democracy is better than dictatorship but as i mentioned in my above post that it can betterly flourish in educated,wise and economicaly stable society.NO doubt the future of our country and all the countries of the world lies in democracy but in Pakistan democracy remained failed all over the history of Pakistan.

U r right in ur saying that it is democracy which allowed lawyers movement but the lawyers movement was started in dictator's regim.
It is also a fact that chief justice was removed by a dictator while he was restored by an elected president but such dictator was in his dictatorship was compeled by the people to leave his seat.So in dictatorship thier is also much freedom enjoyed by the people.
In ditatorship regim Media was given much more freedom.
Old Wednesday, October 07, 2009
38th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 483

SPIDER-MAN has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDER-MAN has a spectacular aura about
Default neither is good in our case.

INTRODUCTION
It is an irony that neither the democratic goverment nor any military regimes have ruled according to the wishes of the people for which this peace of land was liberated. In our case both military as well as democratic leadership failed to satisfy the people.

MILItary REGIMES
Our military rulers think that they are the founder of pakistan and take self-styled responsibility of ruling pakistan. there is no accountability of them in the country.
DEMOCRATIC GOVERMENTS
so far as democratic rulers are concerned their own political parties are not democratic. dynastic politics prevail in the country and once elected these rulers turn a deaf ear to the public woes and loot the wealthof people.

COMMANALITIES BETWEEN THE TWO.
Interestingly , there are some commonalities between the two which are as follows:

1. That both take diktates from USA. USA gives legitimacy to them. The USA removes them and also install them.

2. That both dislike independent judicairy.

3. Both can resort to evil means to retain their power.

4. Both have exploited religion.

5. Both ignor jinnah's advice.

In the overall history of pakistan , only two leaders ruled for the people. one jinnah , the founder of pakistan. Two , zulfiqar bhutto.

CONCLUSION.

With independent judiciary and vibrant media, pakistan have changed drastically and it is hoped that our leaders would change two.
Old Friday, October 09, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

I am really shocked to view the poll result. It is undisputed belief amongst the civilized world that Dictatorship is curse and democracy is a blessing. Professor Noam Chomsky has rightly said that

“In this possibly terminal phase of human existence, freedom and democracy are more than the ideals to be followed, they may be necessary for survival.”

I would like to share my views in the light of discussion of members in this thread.

1- Can Democracy operate only in the educated societies?
Some members have asserted that democracy can prevail only in educated societies. It is not the fact. In reality the driving force behind their success is democracy. These societies are educated and developed due to the blessings of democracy. Democracy cannot be established in a single day rather it takes centuries. You know magna carat was a major step towards democratic development in UK and it was signed in 1215.
No system can be flawless and so is with democracy but it is best system amongst all the known systems of Govt till date.

2-Our politicians:
There is widely believed opinion that our politicians are corrupt and incapable .They are also held responsible for current plight of the country. Believe me it is unjust and unfair. Angel rule no where in the world. Charges of corruption and mal governance are leveled even against US leadership (famous Watergate scandal) Our neighbor India is respected across the globe being the biggest democracy of the world. What do you think about Indian politicians? Just read Indian newspaper or watch Indian movies. Its politicians are projected not better than ours. But India has established a sound democratic structure only because system was allowed to function uninterruptedly. Democracy is process that gets strong with the passage of time. It has a built in system of improvement.

Politicians are part of our society and they represent its collective behavior. They have not been allowed to run the country but they struggled in the wake of conspiracies, oppressions, media trials, imprisonments and even capital punishment. Again they are not perfect, even there are corrupt ,incapable, insincere elements amongst political leadership, but it is part of politics. If democracy functions smoothly these people would disappear from the scene. Though not ideally transparent, the Last elections witnessed debacle of political giants. Govt machinery was at work to get desired results but in spite of all the efforts of dictator, people verdict had to be honored.

I would like to share another interesting fact. The Plea Bargaining record of NAB shows that Politicians as a community comes on number three in corruption ranking. Bureaucrats (Including judiciary) are the most corrupt Lot followed by Generals.

Dictators.
Let them discuss them one by one.

Ayub Khan

1-Ayub khan is responsible to derail the democratic process in the country.
Though seed of separation of East Pakistan were sowed on the dissolution of first constitutional assembly, but Ayub khan strengthened the sense of deprivation amongst them. He used to denounce and disrespect Bengalese publicly .After engineered defeat of Mohtrama Fatma jannah in presidential elections, Bungalese had lost their faith in federation. What were the Six points of Mujeeb Ur Rehman? It was show of their on federation.
3-Ayub khan pushed the country towards moral deterioration as he used innumerable immoral tactics to perpetuate his rule.
4-No mention to brutal orders such as EBDO,PODO, Press and Publication ordinance, Political trials through judiciary etc.
4-Ayub khan was a Grade 22 officer and one can imagine the salary of a 22 Grade officer. Afterwards he became President but even at that time , president’s official salary was just reasonable .However his offspring are wealthiest people of the country. From where they grabbed the wealth?

2-Yahayaa Khan
He is one of the major culprit for fall of Dhaka.

3-Zia

I think he is the worst character of our history. He gifted this country with Corruption ,terrorism, Drugs, sectarianism, Clashonkoof culture and so on. His reign is full of brutality .He mercilessly crushed his opponents. He killed the elected PM of the country through the dummy Judiciary.
2- He and his fellow Generals and subsequently their children benefited from his rule. Aijaz Ul haq,Hamyoon Akhtar and Faiz raheem are leading businessmen of the country.From where they got the money.

Musharaf.

1-Destablised leading political parties and used public money for this purpose.
2-He is responsible for grievances of small provinces especially Baluchistan.
3-i wont touch the other affliction during his period, Tell me honestly, how nation was feeling when no day passed with out a bomb blast.

These are the facts and no none can deny. Dictators ruled the country for 33 years during 62 years of its existence (and they dictated the political Govt when they were not enjoying the power directly) and ruined the entire institutional structure of the states but we still want the military Govt .By the way we are only nation in the world that do not want self rule, freedom,liberty and want to be ruled by dictators.

Why Democracy?

Believe me we have suffered a lot due to power thrust of Generals. What is our worth amongst the international community? What is the feeling of small federating units especially those of Baluchistan? What has plagued our society with extremism, terrorism? Who is responsible for energy crises? All these are gifts of dictatorship.

In today’s world, respect of a nation is directly linked to the prevalence of democracy in that country. Democracy is the only cure to all the diseases. There must be some flaws in democracy but its remedy lies in more democracy if it is allowed to work continuously. Democratic norms have not strengthened in developed world in small period rather it became possible after struggle of decades and even centuries.
Democracy is the system based on the principle of justice and equality. It is blessing in fact and a sign of civilized world. For Pakistan democracy is the only way to survival. We have no other option but democracy. Results of any other adventure to derail the democratic process would be very disastrous and terrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
Maha Khan (Friday, October 09, 2009)
Old Friday, October 09, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

Militory govt z nt suitable 4 any country...if my 1 fellow z saying
Ayud govt ws much better,,thn i read an article by
Javaid Choudhary in which he mentioned the popular
slogan of AYUB'era,"AYUB KUTA HAI,HAI",,,,
THTS OUR NATION CHARACTER...we shuld atleast
nw b matured,n change our thinking...nobdy hs right
to dictate us...its the insult of the whole humanity...
why democracy z nt suitable 4 pak??/"Pakistani nation
doesnt belong to ths planet named"Earth"...?plz b civilised..
we must discourage the propagands against our
politicians...