Saturday, April 20, 2024
06:35 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

fahad269 will become famous soon enough
Default Punjab Police Package

Shahbaz Sharif announces increase in salaries of Punjab Police
LAHORE,April 15 (APP):‑ Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif Wednesday announced increase in the salaries of Punjab police officials and the compensation for the families of the martyred personnel.

He also announced increase in Ration Allowance for the Punjab Police equal to that of Civil Armed Forces.

Shahbaz Sharif made these announcements while addressing the police officials here at Qila Gujjar Singh Police Lines.

He said that all the police officials in the province will get Risk Allowance equal to their one month basic pay and this increased salary will be given to them from April 01.

He said that after this decision,the salaries of the Punjab Police officials will be made equal to that of Motorway Police.

The Chief Minister said that his government soon after assuming charge had announced compensation package for the martyred police officials and an amount of Rs 200,00,00 along with provision of free education to all children as well as job to the son or brother of the martyred official.

He ordered increase in this compensation from 200,00,00 to 300,00,00 while the daughter of the martyred police official will also be eligible to get job in the police department.

Shahbaz Sharif said that Punjab Police is fighting terrorism and during current year as many as 25 police officials laid down their lives and 80 sustained injured while performing their duties.

He added that this new pay package is just to encourage police and honour the sacrifices offered by them while fighting against terrorism.

Shahbaz said that it is against the nature that we insist on best performance by the police with low salary and to meet this challenge Inspector General Police Punjab demanded of the government to increase the salaries.

He further said that the increase of salaries was a big demand which has been fulfilled, however,he observed that the issues could not be resolved only by this adding that other factors including proper training as well as good working conditions should also be ensured to get better results.

Shahbaz Sharif said that henceforth the police should perform its duty as missionary zeal because the government took this initiative only to get better results. He added that the government will have to face a burden of Rs 8 billions which is being arranged by cutting different portions of the budget. He said, a number of the colleges and agricultural development projects could be made possible with this huge amount of rupees eight billions.

Shahbaz said that 90 millions people of Punjab are looking towards police for the elimination of crimes including land grabbing besides proper pursuance of cases in the courts to provide them prompt and inexpensive justice.

Shahbaz Sharif observed that consensus decisions are need of the hour which , he added, could help the country to become developed like Japan and Germany.

He appreciated the Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani for taking decision to restore the judges according to the aspirations of the public.

The Chief Minister also lauded the contribution of his cabinet members,Chief Secretary Punjab,Home Secretary and other officers of the provincial administration for taking the decision regarding police salaries.

Earlier,Shahbaz Sharif visited the photo exibition of the martyred police officials at Police Lines and distributed shields and prizes among the policemen.

http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?...73625&Itemid=2
The Following User Says Thank You to fahad269 For This Useful Post:
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Interestingly, this was one of the steps which I suggested in Public Administration paper (CCE-2008) to eradicate evils like corruption, malpractices, embezzlement of funds, bribery and unfair practices from our civil services.
Sound salaries and incentives commensurate with the market and in line with reasonable living standard may curb corruption to a great extent.
Nonetheless, exceptions are always there for which we need to adopt other administrative accountability measures.

This is a great decision taken by CM Shahbaz Sharif. I wish other provincial CMs follow this chain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
hira imam rizvi (Wednesday, April 15, 2009), Mahin (Friday, April 17, 2009)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Shaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the rough

Good step ........

But to me that wont help too much . We should change the mind and the moral values I know my high officials having handsome salaries but at the same time accepting even meager material boons neglecting the seats they are sitting on. And they have no embarrassment at all . I want that particular thing to be changed , obviously govt cannot do any thing in this regard

Any how i m optimistic perhaps one day thing will be changed to its perfection
Raz (Wednesday, April 15, 2009)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaa-Baaz
Good step ........

But to me that wont help too much . We should change the mind and the moral values I know my high officials having handsome salaries but at the same time accepting even meager material boons neglecting the seats they are sitting on. And they have no embarrassment at all .
Agreed brother:

You have answered the point which I kept in exception category i.e.
"Nonetheless, exceptions are always there for which we need to adopt other administrative accountability measures."

For this I mentioned: "Civic sense and ethical values" in my paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Shaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
"Civic sense and ethical values" .
This is very dangerous thing. Civic sense is diametrically opposed to ethical values in the society we are denizens of. We are the part of the system that is contaminated, not 100% pure and not total contamination. This is root of problem.The persons stick to the values labeled as having no civic sense and vice virsa

I have 2 solutions

1.Topple down the entire system and rebuild it.
2. Wait for the 100 % contamination and then subsequent evolution
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

fahad269 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb some add more

genlemen,
i wanna add....this package is applicable for punjab only.on the otherhand,other provinces have a gulf between this lumpsum salary which should need to bridge up!!

Sunny Khan is on a distinguished road
Cool Change

In my opinion this increase in salaries will not have some dramatic changes in the behavioral approach of police officials but i am optimistic about slight change in their thinking and sense of duty and this is the thing that will lead to the required betterment of system gradually..............................
Old Thursday, April 16, 2009

Red Flower has a spectacular aura aboutRed Flower has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaa-Baaz
Civic sense is diametrically opposed to ethical values in the society we are denizens of. We are the part of the system that is contaminated, not 100% pure and not total contamination. This is root of problem.The persons stick to the values labeled as having no civic sense and vice virsa
Yes this is exactly the case that a person who sticks to the ethical values is labeled as having no civic sense and blah blah. But in my view when someone is commited to bringing a change then he should not bother himself with what he is referred to as. He should hold up his values because this is what can bring a change in the real sense.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5722

Kamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to all

Punjab Govt. took a revolutionary step by increasing salaries of punjab police.However,There is a drastic need of national policy on police reforms.

Policemen @ rank of ASIs,SIs and inspectors perfom their duty 24 X 7,Even these officials don't have vacations on eid or on any public holiday.The 10-12 hour shift system was started in police stations but failed badly....

Moeover,police officials aren't posted in their cirlce stations...thus,they are staying in police stations....they can't have even sound sleep...their eyes are always red and look angry...

so,in my point of view their salaries should be increased 10 times....they must be given enough respect in the socity....

Pls note that neither me nor my father/brother is in police department..but i have soft corner for them...

Regds

Astute Accountant has a spectacular aura aboutAstute Accountant has a spectacular aura about

I do appreciate the effort of the Punjab CM and personally I reckon it as a great step towards fighting the culprits like malpractice, bribery and other unfair means of earning some extra money.
Some of the revered members have shown their concern that the increase in the salaries won’t bring a dramatic change. Yes, they are right in their saying but the essence of a change is not that things get changed all of a sudden rather an incessant effort is needed. More importantly, the government should focus on bringing a behavioral change. Change can’t be brought unless the masses are willing to change themselves. So the police personals have got to uphold moral values at any cost and at every cost to prove that this effort of the CM was of real worth.

@ fahad269
Well things can’t be put right exactly everywhere at the same instant. Changes do come by taking initiatives and the initiative has been taken by one CM. Hopefully the other CMs will also follow his footsteps. We shall remain hopeful.