Thursday, April 25, 2024
02:33 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, January 23, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about
Default English as a medium of education~

salam 2 every 1,

In our country there r reforms in the education sector everyday,some days ago it is announced by the government that English will b coumpolsary subject 4rom the nursury level,some people r against this decision & think that a child should b teach in his mother tongue in starting years,teaching in a secondary language does nt enhance his abilities rather is a confusion 4 him..while other people who r in the favour of this decision say that as English is an international language it should b teached to a children 4rom the v start becoz in early years it is easy to teach a child...2ndly it will make the difference less between the education of private schools & gov schools...

what u people think is it a right decion r english should b coumplsory 4rom the secondary level as was before....?
Poetess of the Forum
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Eram Khan is on a distinguished road
Default ........

At the very start a child is like a Blank paper u can teach even three or four languages if u wish.... i dont agree if some one says that it vld be hard for a child or he will forget his orginal stuff or not learn properly.. what eva.. a child's gaining capacity at early age is at the peak ,,.. YESS ! a Student in our country SHOULD get a proper education in English , Arabic (For Quran) and offcourse Urdu... and i have even seen the ppl having confidence in four languages (Urdu, Persian, Arabic and English..writing speaking with proper accent) after i came to know just coz of thair parents efforts (even parents didnt know all) but they provided them a propper environment and till the age of 15 they were speaking confidently...and that was really a good start,, which is the main and difficult thing...
and here the matter is of ONLY English.... not only it should be included at very basic level but the standard should also be more than just A,B,C.. for sure it will help them a lott in thair BuildUp

*if Your Words are not SUCH Powerful as Your Silence Then "Shut-up" !
Abdullah

i fully accede to Erum's affirmations, that, english should be rendered as a

medium of both communication and educatin from a very early stage in a

minor's life.....but i'm sure this new mis-adventure at the part of our govt.

would not be more than a mere eyewash.....if we start learning english at a

later stage of our academic periods, even then, i belive we can learn it.....its

only our own fault of treating english with a lethargic and pessimistic

approach which is keeping us from learning all this.......if a boy of 10 yrs can

commit the Holy Quran to his memory ,then, i think learning a foreign

language shouldn't be a problem for him....i have an example to mention

here...as for the history subjects in CSS, a few candidates failed them in the

past because they wrote the whole stuff in 'the present perfect' tense

instead of writing it in the simple past tense, notwithstanding their

mentioning of true facts, dates and the names...and their final opnion about

css was that its all about 'nepotism ' and 'favouritism' .....so the real

stigma lies with our own attitudes not with the age factor or something like

that

Tanya is on a distinguished road

The step is good in my opinion because its better and easier to develop a skill such as language right from the start rather than in an age when you have other headaches of life.We all must try to appreciate such kind of steps by our government rather than cursing our it for every single decision it make.

Regards,
Tanya.
34th Commons
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Information Group

zubaloch is on a distinguished road
Exclamation following the preceeded

Dear members!

AOA!

may these lines find you all in the best of your conditions (Ameen)

the discussion going on is a very thought provoking and invoking, so do i believe.

it is very beneficial for all of us to have such types of broad and diverrgent-in-scope discussions. Nevertheless, i would like to raise a few quetions in this forum of which i have not yet been able to satisfy even myself:

I ask myself:

1) - Why english?

immediately a voice in my mind answers that it is an international language! why else?
I ask again: is it really an internatinal language or has it been fed into the brains of ex-colonized countries to contemplate that it is? since all the internationally strong countries viz france, germany, china, japan, korea etc use their own languages as their first language! It is an irony that even the neighbouring under-developed countries of rich english-speaking nations (denmark, holland, norway etc etc, the regional neighbours of UK and south american countries, the neighbours of USA) do not use english language as their day-to-day source of communication. are these countries not inerested in getting developed?
I get confused!

2) - Shall we pakistanis ever remain busy in promoting what was imposed on us during the darkest times of our history (i.e. during slavery of union jack)?

the voice inside me answers: No! not at all, we shall learn the language and culture of union jack so that we can follow its trail to the path of progress and development.
I ask again: once we were the torch-bearers of knowledge and wisdom and Europe was indulged in darkness; then Europe came forward, learnt our language, translated our literature into her own languages and got enlightened. But why are WE so much excited and enthusiastic about adopting english language even for our daily chit-chats?
I ask again: are we a bunch of people who have developed an intense inferiority complex of english men and culture?
I get confused!

can somebody help me to get out of this situation?

i shall be grateful!

best wishes!

AH