Friday, March 29, 2024
07:35 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, January 25, 2006

naveedkhan is on a distinguished road
Default Musharaf...The Sinner

Its a pity....Mr.Musharaf is the president of Islamic Republic of Pakistan...To me a man who back out from his promises can not be trusted....He promised that he will leave his uniform..But backed out...How can we trust him...Actually he dont trust himself...So,he decided to remain the army cheif even after his service tenure has already exceeded its limit...As history of Islam suggests that when u hav promised u must not back out whatever the circumstances are..I reffer to Hudabia Pact when it was written even it was not signed,still Holy Prophet Muhammad(SAW) handed Abu Jandal over to Quraish..its clearly written in Quran that Allah will ask about promises...He has bluffed the whole nation...
Dama Dola incident is worst..When the whole of the nation has condemned it Mr.Musharaf is in favour of it...U can see his statement in todays newspapers in which he clearly has supported that attack..It is really a trail period for all 'poor' Pakistanis..May Allah forgive us all.....Regards
Old Thursday, January 26, 2006

tropican is on a distinguished road

Mr Ghayas, Musharraf never mentioned anywhere that he wants to be Ataturk. What the current administration is doing is keeping pace with the rapidly shifted world scenario. Those who can't change themselves, perish. Saddam is one example.
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Brother Tropican,

I agree with your comments. And I think Musharraf's Foreign Policy is ideal (in the current situation).

I would like you to put light on your words 'keeping pace' for enhancing my information.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

@ Adil Mamoon & tropicon,
ya Musharaf's policy is ideal in this situations bt hw it is gud to let US to shed bombs on the innocent citizens..
u r rite to say that those who cant change themselves become like Saddam bt remember 1 thing those who changes themselves according the wishes of forign masters also become like Saddam becoz once Sadaam waz doing the same as now our worthy president...
balance should be there...neither totaly submission nor stubernity.

Last edited by Muskan Ghuman; Thursday, January 26, 2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old Friday, January 27, 2006

sikijav is on a distinguished road

I don't think Pakistan can afford "Go-America" policy... Its there and going to remain there for ages to come. I think at the moment its in the best interest of Pakistan to keep U.S as friends, untill Iranian nuclear issue settle down.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I never thought I'd say this but I certainly agree with General Saab, when he preaches ENLIGHTEN MODERATION. The only thing left is that he needs to follow it more than anyone else.

I think the problem with our country so far is been that our secular leaders in last 58 yrs have been EXTREMIST when it comes to the foreign policy. We have always said LABAIK to foreign powers with whatever their agenda may be. In 80's it was our muslim brothers in Afghanistan who needed our help, but in reality it was America we were aiding. Now it is terrorism that we are eradicating but in reality, our rulers are merely a pawn who are saying PRESENT to the GORA MASTER, everytime they need us to execute their plans, and then dispose us.

NEED OF THE TIME, this need is been around from a long time, if it is not cold war, than it will be terrorism, and if it is not any of that than it will be something else.

Pakistan is proud to call ourselves a great ally in the fight of terrorism and strategically important. If we are that important than the issues important to pakistanis should've been attended as well, but I see no progress on Kashmir issue, but we are only getting mouth service from our GORA MASTER, and India is a winner in this deal. Whereas, we are conducting a military chaos in WANA to make foreigners happy, and I see no Pakistani getting benefited from it.

I think it is time that we create some balance in our foreign policies, and attend to things that are important to us and not to our ruler's GORA MASTER.

Thanks.

Adeel Memon- By keeping pace, I mean streamlining our domestic and foreign policies to suit the international enviroment. "Enlightened Moderation" is one part of it. I hope you got the genral idea.

Muskan Ghuman- if u ask me of the loss of innocent lives, it is certainly deplorable! Pakistani Senate has condemned this incident and asked for future guarentees. You see, the US is the sole superpower of the world and 9/11 marks an extremely vital watershed in world politics.

Regarding Saddam, he followed the US instructions foolishly, for reasons of personal gain, personal anger, irrational agendas and foolish policies. But current Pakistani administration is not doing it for these reasons. It knows full well the consequences of defiance to the US. Perhaps you read alot of Urdu press literature, that makes u so emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babban Miyan Ding Dong
Assalam Alaikum,

I think it is time that we create some balance in our foreign policies, and attend to things that are important to us and not to our ruler's GORA MASTER.

Thanks.
The only leader who had achieved some progress to this end was ZA Bhutto. Could he surivie? Now, with cold war over, if you still think that nuetrality can be achieved, I would like you to explain how.
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Asalam-o-Alaikum

Miss Ghuman, a query from your part is always appreciated.

Pakistan did not authorize US to bomb in its territory. It's a simple case of recklessness on the part of US.

And regarding the demand for an official apology, Pakistan is just dreaming. I don't expect any remorse from the side of US because this IS NOT A BALANCED NEXUS.

What I think Pakistan should demand a large amount of money in return. There is no other course.

We need America more than America needs us.

In the end, you proclaim that 'balance should be there'.

You see, it is only possible when Pakistan becomes economically and politically stable. I dont' expect such a metamorphosis over a night. It will take time. A day will come when Pakistan will rise - but we'll have to wait!

(Meanwhile, US is our need)

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskan Ghuman
@ Adil Mamoon & tropicon,
ya Musharaf's policy is ideal in this situations bt hw it is gud to let US to shed bombs on the innocent citizens..
u r rite to say that those who cant change themselves become like Saddam bt remember 1 thing those who changes themselves according the wishes of forign masters also become like Saddam becoz once Sadaam waz doing the same as now our worthy president...
balance should be there...neither totaly submission nor stubernity.

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Saturday, January 28, 2006
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Brother Tropican I respect ur views on foreign policies, but may disagree with u as far as bhutto goes, but that debate should be put off for some other time.

I truly think that we should follow our Brother Muslim countries example in Asia Pacific, where they have adopted a policy of Progress at Home, and Peace Abroad.

Unfortuntely because of our unjust partition by british, and the danger looming large from India have always forced us to associate ourselves with BIG GUY on the block. I think this form of foreign policy to associate ourselves with other without any fruitful output for the country has always been pointless, especially with USA. As far as China is concerned, it has always been very cooperative in providing support knowing that what affects us will affect them as well geographically, therefore our relation with China are balanced from day one. But for USA, it has been a different scenario because we are far away geographically from them, and they have a tendency to ask more from others than they can return as a reward.

They say that we learn from our mistakes, but that has been an understatement when it comes to Pakistan's Foreign Policy. We should have learned from SEATO experience that associating ourselves with USA was meaningless when it did nothing but to stand aside in 1965 dispute. Rather time and again we have went out of the way to help them out when they needed us, without setting the perimeter to which we can stretch ourselves.

I think that's where the problem starts, is not to set a clear perimeter from which u will not exceed in International Relations.

Let's analyze the situation in Afghanistan, it made all the sense in the world for one muslim country to help their neighbor brothers, but it was this emotionalism that is costing us to the present day. I wonder Iran being more religious than us, why didn't they come for the help. I think we have gotten ourselves in DALDAL of bad policies when we told our people to help muslim brothers out in Afghanistan, but we were actually helping our GORA MASTER, without setting any perimeters which defines our role in the whole situation.

Therefore, when the soviet collapsed we were left cold n'dry by our GORA MASTER, with nothing fruitful in return. After 9/11, which was the biproduct of bad US policies everywhere and bad Afghan policy, we became a victim again because we helped them to create that chaos before without thinking of consequences.

So u r right that it was the need of the time, but the foreign policies are not designed to fit the need of the time. They should be designed having a long term vision that is fruitful for our nation and people. As unfortunate as it is that we are entangled in the current situation, but our government is in a dire need to set some perimeters when dealing with superpowers, and it should all be based on GIVE n' TAKE situation, and not just GIVE GIVE and be left in a cold n' dry situation.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

I think Foreign Policy requires consistency, and not the U-turns that we tend to make with each new face that comes into power.

Thanks.

Last edited by Babban Miyan Ding Dong; Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 12:19 AM.