Friday, March 29, 2024
04:17 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: HOW HELPFUL MY DESCRIPTION ABT WRITTEN PART WAS
EXCELLENT 3 42.86%
VERY GOOD 3 42.86%
GOOD 1 14.29%
FAIR 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, February 03, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow A very serious issue that needs attention.

A day back, i received an email from a friend, it had the following paragraph attached to it and i quote:

"A News Paper in Denmark held a competition to draw a sketch of Prophet
Muhammad (sallallahu Alaihiwasallam) they received 100s of sketches - and the news paper published 12 sketches in their publication for weeks in which
they have shown Prophet wearing missiles and bombs and shown his sketches
in bad positions. Muslims and Muslim organizations of Denmark protested
against this but the Danish government defended the newspaper/press, naming it freedom of speech, and did not even care to hear the plea of the local Muslims leaders. The Egyclub - forwarder of this mail - suggests that we can boycott the Danish products like - Nido Milk Powder - Anchor Milk Powder and Lurpark Cheese and other products made in Denmark.... will be a mere reference to see our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu Alaihiwasallam) on 'Kauthar' fountain on day of 'qiyamah."

Firstly, as far as i've noticed, no one has taken time to point out this issue, being a senior representative of the forum, I hereby condemn this act of blasphemy by the Danish newspaper, the recent reprinting of the carricatures by the French, Italian, Spanish & German newspapers and all those involved in this act should be ashamed of themselves. Every human in this world respects some one, and making fun of the one whom billions respect most, is not freedom of speech, its utter callowness.
Dawn- Pakistan, has cared enough to mention the steps taken by some significant muslim states in order to show their anger over the issue. Today's Dawn published a report on this issue and i quote:

Quote:
"
Syria on Wednesday recalled its ambassador from Denmark over the publication of sacrilegious cartoons in a Danish newspaper that have caused uproar in the Muslim world.

The announcement came hours after a telephoned bomb threat against the Danish embassy in Damascus forced staff to evacuate the building while security personnel cordoned off streets and searched the complex. No bomb was found and staff were allowed to return to the embassy after an hour.

Saudi Arabia recalled its ambassador last week while Libya has closed its embassy in the Danish capital.

In Tunis, a meeting of Arab interior ministers called upon the Danish government to punish the newspaper concerned.

“We ask the Danish authorities to take the necessary measures to punish those responsible of this harm and to take action to avoid its repeat”,

-----------------------
A diplomatic storm has blown up over cartoons that were published in the Danish newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, in September and republished in Norway last month. French paper France Soir and German newspaper Die Welt published the images on Wednesday. Newspapers in the Netherlands, Italy and Spain also reprinted the cartoons.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said his government cannot apologise on behalf of independent media that have only exercised their right to free speech, but Jyllands-Posten has already apologised for offending Muslims.

But thousands of Palestinians protested for a second day on Tuesday saying an apology by the newspaper was not enough.

Religious and other opinion leaders in the Muslim world asked for the newspaper to be punished to avoid the publication of a similarly offensive material in future.

DEFENCE DISMISSED: Arab commentators dismissed the argument that Danish traditions of tolerance and respect for press freedom barred the government from taking action against the newspaper.

Why do they talk about democracy and freedom of expression just when the issue concerns Islam? If it concerns other religions the facts will change”, said Amr Moussa, the Arab League chief, who attended the Tunis meeting.
---- check out the Dawn website for further details.

A question arises here, what has Pakistan done so far in order to depict displeasure against this heinuous act? Anyways, so far, the several Danish companies have gotten a huge blow on their sales as Middle-Eastern consumers have quit using their products especially where by-products are locally available.

I won't say much here, I'm looking for suggestions by you people, the patriotic muslims of Pakistan, to find ways of countering or atleast condemning this heinous act. I mean, come on, they've attacked Pakistan's dignity several times, through their statements, cartoons etc., but this time they've gone over the edge. There is a limit to freedom of speech when it concerns a whole nation of over a billion people! Anyways, we won't go ahead and play their idiotic game and make carricatures of respectable personalities, our religion teaches us to respect their Prophets as well. Looking for suggestions, do I have volunteers here?

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF

Last edited by THE 1; Friday, February 03, 2006 at 02:09 AM.

Satan is on a distinguished road
Angry

I saw the news and the cartoons as well. The thing that really surprised me is the reaction of European media; some of them are even backing up those caricatures in the name of the freedom of press. That’s ridiculous.
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow

from what i can comprehend, the West is deliberately doing such things to incite further hatred that has somewhat died out after the 9-11 and post 9-11 events. They are now infuriating the most ignorant muslims of the society as well. Remember the recent riots in France? all these events belong to the same chain, demoralise, defame and humiliate the muslims and Islam, all over the world. 9-11 was the beginning..... I just hope muslims wake up before its waaay too late to counter such attacks.

--- "Khuda kay waastay aye musalmaano hosh mein aao,
Dilo mein apnay ghairat ko jagah do, josh mein aao...."

May ALLAH forgive the wrongdoings/ignorance of Muslims, save us and our beloved religion from further humiliation and return the dignity of Islam and its followers. Aameen.

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I wonder if it is still not a clash of civilization, it seems to me that the ignorant Europeans who more or less care about their own religion would give respect to other religions. Due to their ignorance to respect any religion combined with their arrogant pride on their SO CALLED demcratic values and freedom, they should realize that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I think the response should have been much harsher by all muslim countries until they get the formal apologies from the concerned parties on the international platform, and assure the muslims that any such actions will not take place in the future.

I think these westerners are mixing the current conflicts with religion, and think that they can get away with it, but they will soon find out that they are about to open the pendora's box.

I think this form of freedom is worst than TERRORISM that they have been blaming on us MUSLIMS.

Thanks.
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Default Reactions from WORLD LEADERS

Assalam Alaikum,

HOSNI MUBARAK, Egyptian President
Freedom of opinion, expression and of the press, which we guarantee and respect, cannot be used as an excuse to insult sanctities, beliefs and religions.

HAMID KARZAI, Afghan President
Any insult to the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, is an insult to more than one billion Muslims and an act like this must never be allowed to be repeated.

ANDERS FOGH RASMUSSEN, Danish Prime Minister
We are talking about an issue with fundamental significance to how democracies work. One can safely say it is now an even bigger issue.

AHMED QUREIA, Outgoing Palestinian Prime Minister
We hope that the concerned governments are attentive to the sensitivity of this issue. We warn that emotions may flare in this very sensitive issue.

Prince NAYEF, Saudi Interior Minister
We hope that religious centres like the Vatican will clarify their opinion in this respect.

PHILIPPE DOUSTE-BLAZY, French Foreign Minister

The principle of freedom should be exercised in a spirit of tolerance, respect of beliefs, respect of religions, which is the very basis of secularism of our country.

YURI THAMRIN, Indonesian Foreign Ministry spokesman
Freedom of expression cannot justify indignity towards a religion.

FRANCO FRATTINI, EU Justice Commissioner

It should be crystal clear to all that violence, intimidation, and the calls for boycotts or for restraints on the freedom of the press are completely unacceptable.
I can understand the feelings of indignation, frustration and sadness of the Muslim communities over the last few days. Such events do not facilitate dialogue between faiths and cultures.

Paksitani Leaders have yet to weigh in the issue, I have not seen anything in this regard from our leaders yet, if someone has something do share it.

Thanks.

ladydior is on a distinguished road

for sure it should be condemned by the ummah ....wat they are waiting for /angry

i haved received one similar e-mail ....i would like you ppl to go ahead ...give it a look and sign it

http://www.petitiononline.com/moh12345/
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

Salam to all,
This is really immoral on the part of Danish newspaper & those who r calling it freedom of thought....infact Christian hates muslims nt since 9/11 bt their hatered is deep rooted since "Suleebii Jungaiay" this hatered will remain in their hearts till the day of judgement......our religion doesnt allow us to insult any other religion r their messanger,we belive on other prophets as well...bt it is condemnable situtation to injure the emotions of Muslims.....
that newspaper should be banned...just apology is nt enough.
with regards,
Muskan
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AoA

yeah brother you are right, the protest is underway in many middle east countries and north African countries, but i dont know what happened to the ulema in Pakistan as unable to find any thing important from their side, perhaps they are too busy in their run to grab some political position

may ALlah show us the right way

nonetheless, the danish government has also refused to presurize clamouring it as freedom of press, it is indeed a matter of concern and there should b pressure from Muslim community so that no one dare to do such things in future

Mr Ghayas is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

and our so called best government is ..............

thats y I said that I am not totally agreed with musharaf's foriegn policy .........

for refrence see
http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/2406-whos-pakistans-best-leader.html
and
http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/2324-musharraf-frustrated.html

Last edited by Mr Ghayas; Friday, February 03, 2006 at 12:23 PM.
Abdullah

my affirmation is simple;

1. Just make it clearly to the occident to hand all the culprits involved in

these incidents of desecration and blasphemy , to the muslim world

2. if they don't accede to our demand, then just do away with all the ties

with them

3. But if we r not resolute enough to initiate all this then , to me , our

condemning these incidents won't bring any change in their attitue

4. Once Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman very rightly said, that, our nuclear bomb ,

instead of, saving us is being saved by us .......I don't know wats

the use these armed-to-teeth nuclear arsenals r giving us,,,,atleast we can

initiate joint ventures with other muslim countries to augment our

collective punch ....I know this might be an utopian fantasy on my

part , but to me theres no way out other than this

Last edited by Abdullah; Friday, February 03, 2006 at 03:36 PM.