Friday, March 29, 2024
04:26 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, June 14, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all
Default CSS or Pak Navy ? (help me decide)

Dear members,

Last Sunday I saw the add for recruitment in Pak Navy as sub-lieutenant in logistics branch. Now I am confused as I want to appear in CSS 2010 for which I am preparing to the best of my abilities. But at the same time I don't want to let go the Navy opportunity as it would be my last chance to join any of the armed forces due to my age.

CSS is my passion, obsession and junoon and I really want to do it but at the same time Navy is also very attracting. Therefore all members peculiarly seniors are requested to throw some light on this matter please.

ali36 is on a distinguished road

Career in civil services and in Armed forces differ as much as their preparation and selection criteria.In order to join navy u have to qualify Issb tests and interview,while for selecton in civil services require lengthy and cumbersome competitive examination comprising of twelve papers.Only psychological tests of civil services relate in some way or other with psychoogical test at Issb.Thus I think u can easily opt for both choices.But dear selection procedure of Armed forces is much speedy in comparison with selection procedure of civil services.If u get selected in Navy it will be much earler than march,2010 when C-E 2010 will take place.Therefore u would not be able to take C-E 2010.But still my suggestion to u would be to apply for Navy and see whether u get selected or not.But u should at least apply and take drastic decision only when u qualify Issb between Css and career in Navy.CHEERS
The Following User Says Thank You to ali36 For This Useful Post:
floydian (Sunday, June 14, 2009)
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Thank you brother. Your suggestion is really encouraging. I'll let you know if i clear/fail the navy test.

shah110 is on a distinguished road

As per the best of my knowledge, you can attempt css while being a part of any armed services. But the process of CSS from armed forces is little bit different and easy. If you are member of any armed forces, you have to attepmt only one written paper of General Knowledge type and after that psychological test and interview process is left. So if you are 26 years old it is a best opportunity for you to join navy, taste it and reap the benefits of navy to be the part of civil services.

I am not confirmed that the process of moving into civil services is same in navy too as I have mentioned above because the source through which I
have come to know about this information is of Pak-Army. But I would recommend you to consult this interpersonally with any armed forces personnel. And I think that person can lead you to the finale conclusion that either you are going for navy, or not.

Regards and Reverence
floydian (Sunday, June 14, 2009)
39th CTP (PSP)

@shah110

Thank you shah sb for your kind input. Your comments are motivating and i would definitely consult with some Navy officer regarding CSS. But certainly I would appear for the Navy test while at the same time preparing for CSS as well.
Navy is an opportunity at the right time but CSS is a dream of life time.
Old Wednesday, June 24, 2009

sunnyali is on a distinguished road
Default dont choose navy

dear salam
it is better to choose css because i also applied for navy commission till last everythng was right but suddenly i was shocked to heard that my name is not in those who selected,reason i have no family member in force.
i think u understood that wht i m going to clear obviously(nepotism).
another thing, that in navy you should work under the officer but in css officers work under you,remember one thing that we have age to appllied another time for navy but have limited age for css.now decide that what you want ..........as boss or as follower.
sunny
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Noman has a spectacular aura aboutNoman has a spectacular aura about

@ sunnyali
Armed Forces selection is one of few institutions which are based purely on merit............. Do you think all who are selected for commission has mates in the armed forces then perhaps you may not sound wise.
Some wise once said:-
" You cannot see the picture until you are inside the frame "
Selection is tough in armed forces for example e.g. in PMA long course 113 around 40000+ candidates applied and do you know how much selected????? 357 only. Hence commission in Pak army or armed forces is not every one's job.

@ floydian
Brother, post this query again when you have the Joining Instructions of Pakistan Naval Academy for commission in your hand....(after clearing intial written, medical, interview then ISSB & AFMB-Armed Forces Medical Board Examination).
Concentrate only on your preparation of CSS and of Naval initials & ISSB. If luckily you'll be selected then post this query on forum.

And lastly dont compare armed forces & civil services.... it depends on one's passion aptitude and lots of other factors.

As for coming into civil service from the armed forces is concerned... Let me tell you brother they never release the man who is right for the job(or usefull in his/her service)..... and at least you need a 3-5 years of service before being released for any other service.

best of luck,
regards,
39th CTP (PSP)

@sunnyali

Thanks Mr. sunny for sharing your experience and useful comments. My dad is an army officer and i know the selection criteria of armed forces very well. To be honest I have no passion for Pak Navy whatsoever. The only reason I want to apply for it is that it would be my last chance to join any of the armed forces. I respect Navy, Air Force and Pak Army to death and that is it.

@Noman

Quote "As for coming into civil service from the armed forces is concerned... Let me tell you brother they never release the man who is right for the job(or usefull in his/her service)..... and at least you need a 3-5 years of service before being released for any other service."Unquote

Very rightly said. This is what I confirmed with a Naval Officer just 2 days ago. And now perhaps due to this reason I have made the decision to concentrate only on my CSS preparation and forget about the distractions. Inshallah I am planning to top the CE 2010 atleast in Sind(urban). Thank you sir for your valuable comments.

regards and respect,
floydian

Tahir Mehmood Shahzad is on a distinguished road

Dear u have a both option of option of choosing the profession.But i have also applied for the commision in Pak navy as a sub leitinent.My age is almost 25 years and this is my last chance of issb. but after that i have concentrare on the css prepartion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tahir Mehmood Shahzad For This Useful Post:
sassiofbhambore@yahoo.com (Thursday, June 25, 2009)
Old Thursday, June 25, 2009

Janas is on a distinguished road

Dear,

I would say appear in Naval tests, no problem, it won't take much of your time.
Apart from Pak Navy, you can appear in PAF as well until age of 26 yrs in ADWC or Logistics etc.

And just go for it, as far as CSS prep is going you are already doing it...
So lets see what would be the results of Naval Logistics Branch.
Secondly, do let me know is it a permanent commision through ISSB or is it direct select through NHQ (Naval HeadQuarters)?

ISSB is interesting, you would love the experience I bet!
The Following User Says Thank You to Janas For This Useful Post:
floydian (Thursday, June 25, 2009)
Closed Thread