Wednesday, April 24, 2024
07:59 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, September 26, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,478 Times in 681 Posts
Zoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud of

Quote:
so far as repealing of blasphemy law, i can remember that it is narrated from AnHazrat (pbuh) that a person cannot become a Muslim unless and until he loves me more than his parents his family and all of his things.... perhaps i may had mixed some words but its some what the same..... in this context may i ask a question that what will you do if some body call names to your parents?? your mother?? and falsely associate some body with them?? for God sake AnHazrat (saw) dont have any position in your hearts?????
offcourse..Very much right...

Muhammad ki muhabat deen-e-Haq ki shart-e-awal hay..
Esi me ho agar khami tu emaan na mukamil hay!!

Regards
MadihaMalik (Saturday, September 26, 2009)
Old Saturday, September 26, 2009
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

I fully endorse MadihaMalik and Tabassum Shabbir Awan's views and I think they have covered pretty much every doubt that some of our friends sharing Salman Taseer's views had.

Questioning the blasphemy laws is a paradoxical question for a Muslim as MadihaMalik said it would tantamount to having doubts about Islamic Laws in general. Obviously we cannot amend those laws as they were sent by Allah and are in their perfect shape.

There is no doubt in the fact that Allah is Rehman and Rahim but has also said 'farman-bardar aur na-farman ek jaise nahi ho sakte'. I mean we all know how highly Islam holds the concept of justice.

I think taking cue from Alamgir, Maulana Fazlurehman is not the right thing to do. Sahaba-e-Karam are a much better and perfect example of practicing Islam. I don't know about the intentions of our religiously minded politicians but we should think for a moment whether Sahab-e-Karam would've permitted even a blasphemous statement about Allah or Prophet(SAW) or Holy Quran?
There are numerous incidents when non-Muslims were even verbally disrespectful with Prophet(SAW) and Sahabas asking Prophet(SAW) to behead the offender which he obviously did not allow. But we can gauge the intensity of the crime.

There is a famous Hadith which asks us to stop a wrongdoing by hand if we can and through speech......(as mentioned by MadihaMalik). Being a silent spectator to such an act is like acquiescing to such an act and rendering ourself a party to such a heinous crime. A God-loving Muslim cannot allow that and he or she is bound to respond.
So for that reason it is better for the state to legislate for such matters so people don't take matters into their own hands. Earlier incidents in Gojra reflect failure of law enforcement since they couldn't stop vandals even in 7 hours. They can't hide their incompetence by blaming Islamic laws.

So it is redundant for us to go into the founding principles of our state which remains a mystery to this day but see that we are a majority Muslim country.
How about the slogans of Pakistan ka matlab kya la ilaha illah la as Tabbassum quoted. The general people were doing it for freedom of religion.

Allama Iqbal who also happens to be one of the founding fathers clearly said that in Islam religion could not be separated from other aspects of material life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdullah Nayyar For This Useful Post:
MadihaMalik (Saturday, September 26, 2009)
Old Sunday, September 27, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabassum Shabbir Awan View Post
bulk of people who sacrificed for their country didnt do that on listening to the speeches of jinnah, in most of the cases they had not construed an iota of his english speeches, they fought and gave sacrificies including their blood on the slogan, 'pakistan ka matlab kia, la ilaha il lala'....
Thank you for acknowledging the fact that those people were illiterate and had no infatuation with Jinnah and his views about Pakistan.

Let me reproduce some of my thoughts that I shared in the thread called What do we mean by Pakistan.

...Pakistan ka matlab kia.....slogan was raised after Master Tara Singh's led Sikh assault on Muslims on the division of Punjab. That was purely an emotional and reactive slogan raised by the class of effected Muslims that was not associated with Muslim League initially. They only realized the importance of Pakistan during the riots. Afterwards many ordinary Muslim Leaguers adapted this slogan.

And those who were against the creation of Pakistan successfully hijacked the ideology or idea of Pakistan according to their own interpretations.

When a lie is told repeatedly it becomes truth like the Jewish Holocaust lie. And majority tends to believe such a truth....

Quote:
the blasphemy law should not at all be repealed....... instead governor should go home, its enough time that he has enjoyed the pricks and privilages of governorship.....
I respect your emotions Malik sahab.

Quote:
.. had aurangzeb a zealot muslim thn i bet you wont have been seeing a number of hindus living in the sub-continent.
I failed to understand your logic. Sir, Islam preaches tolerance. Jews, pagans and Christians lived peacefully side by side with Muslims in Madinah. But can we imagine a Jew living in Pakistan without any life threat ? Are you saying that had Aurengzeb been a true Muslim, he would have physically eliminated the Hindus ?

Quote:
aurangzeb had followed certain islamic things and altogether ignored others, but he was not at al a fanatic muslim. basically he was a king, who had to strengthen his rule... and plz be noted that Aurengzeb was not the first Mughal ruler to bring religion into politics, prior to him babur had also did same while breaking liquor drums and oathing to turn away from every sin before panipat war, hamayun also used religion during getting military suport from safavid iran, akbar also used religion to get his rule strengthen by introducing different new things in islam, he introduced those things only to appease non-muslims to get strengthen his throne. mororeless akbar used religion.. ..
Again i would differ. Nobody tried to impose Islam forcefully on others. Not even Akbar imposed or brought Din-e-illahi in politics. The proof is that only 18 prominent members including only 1 Hindu entered into such "social order". Nobody killed his own brother on the charge that Islam is under threat because of that(brother) person. Nobody cried to his father that "I have imprisoned you because your freedom is a threat to Islam". Unlike Aurengzeb, nobody claimed to have seen a dream in which "the Prophet has ordered me to become the Emperor of Hindustan".

One cannot match poor Aurengzeb with his intellectual and wise forefathers. His was a disastrous and hypocritical reign which ultimately led into the degeneration of the Empire.

Everybody seems to become a self proclaimed "thekedar" of Islam without knowing the essence of Islam and practicing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahkhan5 View Post
Allama Iqbal who also happens to be one of the founding fathers clearly said that in Islam religion could not be separated from other aspects of material life.
Agreed.
But Iqbal also wrote "Reconstruction of Religious Thoughts in Islam" in which he clearly mentioned the importance of Ijtihad and need to integrate Islam with the modern era and renouncing "blind taqleed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahkhan5 View Post
]So it is redundant for us to go into the founding principles of our state which remains a mystery to this day but see that we are a majority Muslim country. How about the slogans of Pakistan ka matlab kya la ilaha illah la as Tabbassum quoted. The general people were doing it for freedom of religion.
This is a proof of your patriotism.

Freedom of religion ???

I would say now is the time to free the religion from the yoke of fanatics who are irrational, blind, deaf and ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoyee View Post
offcourse..Very much right...

Muhammad ki muhabat deen-e-Haq ki shart-e-awal hay..
Esi me ho agar khami tu emaan na mukamil hay!!

Regards
Is this a fatwa or your personal opinion ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadihaMalik View Post
Furthermore, the true muslims can prove to be more initiative, practical, open minded, brave,intellectual, hard working, zealous, self conscious, entrepreneur, prudent, analytical minded,spectacular leader, simple yet audacious and civilized than any other person in the world. Our very own beloved Prophet (S.A.W) is a perfect example of all these personality traits and many more.
Yes, only true Muslims who are ... tolerant, open minded, merciful, compassionate, fair judge, loving and caring just like our Prophet (SAW).

Following are my personal viewpoints.

Down with Blasphemy Laws
Down with Federal Shariat Court
Down with Islamic Ideological Council
Down with Ruhte Hillal Committees
Down with "Islamic Republic"
Down with 'Mullahs"
Down with hypocrisy
Down with fanatics
Down with illiteracy

cheers,
floydian
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough

I don’t know why all of you are stressing upon the need to repeal the blasphemy law. From a mere glimpse of past events it becomes clear that it has always been used as a tool to suppress the minorities and the people who used it as an instrument benefited themselves in all the grounds against them.
Then why to demonize this law if it became a reason to victimize those oppressed, why not to point out the people who were involved in using such law as a triumph card against the people they had dispute with? A person is blasphemer or not; we have courts to decide if the accused is guilty. People who are found punishing the accused on their own behalf should be tried severely and by doing so the Govt. might become able to stop the victimization of minorities. Its not the law is bad, its our people who have the distressing ability to demonize it by using it for their own advantages.
Secondly if talking about the political parties then which of them have the courage to repeal such law and invite not only the religious fanatics but also the common masses to stand against them? It may end up in cutting considerable votes and no Govt. would want itself to be engulfed in such chaotic situation. So I don't think so Govt will ever take any step to repeal the blasphemy law.
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
@Salman Taseer, Ahmed_2007_Cool and Saleeqa Batool

I completely endorse your views. Thanks for being enlightened and speaking up your mind.

Secular Pakistanis Zindabad.

Some brief "facts"

Aurengzeb Alamgir was the first Mughal ruler to bring religion into politics for selfish and immoral gains. (I support Dara Shikoh)

Liaquat Ali Khan was the first Pakistani ruler who let the religion mongers have their say in shape of "Objectives Resolution". (OR makes me laugh)

Finally, Zia turned Pakistan from so called Islamic Republic into Fanatic Republic.

Now those who lack initiative, practical approach, open mind, bravery, intellect, hard work, zeal, self consciousness, entrepreneurship skills, prudence, analytical mind, leadership, simplicity and civilization etc, are the ones who take refuge behind religion.

Such people aspire to become Mufti Munib and Fazlur Rehman on the basis of religion.

And they just can't stop imposing their own personal views (in the shadow of religion) upon others.

Down with blasphemy laws.

Please don't get offended as these are my personal views and I have a right to keep them.

yours truly,
floydian
ellow sir...
secular pakistan zindabad?
no...not at all.

our success lies in our being islamic.by refuting pakistan's islamic character u r indeed negating the very fundamental cause of the establishment of pakistan.

wait....

do u really know what means being a secular?

wah g wah...
kya thori study jo kar li apna mazhab hi bhula diya.
agr kuch logon ki waja c hum Islam ki sahi tasveer nahi dekh sake to meri bhai is men ISLAM must not be blamed.toba karo yar tumhen marna bi he ya nahi?maroge to farishtey pochengy bta tera religion kya he?
Islam k opar study karo aur research karo k what produces the best:islam or secularism.

Last edited by fromQAU; Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: incomplete
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fromQAU For This Useful Post:
Abdullah Nayyar (Sunday, September 27, 2009), MadihaMalik (Sunday, September 27, 2009), Zoyee (Saturday, June 05, 2010)
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all
Default Pick up the sword and i'll be your enemy.

@ fromQAU

What is this ?

Don't you have any manners ?

Which institution are you disgracing with such obscure remarks ? (I guess its QAU)

Your post is too subjective and without any logical argument.

Don't try to teach me Islam and stick to the topic of the thread. Take a stand for or against the blasphemy laws and then support it with logical arguments.

floydian
The Following User Says Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
Blossomberrry (Sunday, September 27, 2009)

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

I am sorry to see such bigotry in members’ response. Instead of defending their point with logic and facts , some of respected members have started personal attacks. We have expressed our views with support of logic and facts .I would like to clarify certain misconceptions and ask some question from respected members.

1- Secularism is not negation of religion. It is name of tolerance and respect of other religion while exercising one’s faith. WE maintain that religion should not be imposed by any institution of state. We are proud to be a Muslim and we can remain loyal to our faith in a secular state.
2- Does the Muslims living in secular states are not true to their faith? India is a secular state but 200Million Muslims are living there. State provides them sufficient religious freedom. A haji gets more facilities at cheap cost in India compared to Pakistan. You would surprise to know that a corner at Delhi Airport remains reserved for pilgrims throughout the year. Such a facility can not be imagined in Pakistan .Here quota is allocated to Parliamentarians for Hujj Purpose which is used for political purposes.
3- During Pakistan Movement ,many Ulma e Karam(Moulana Abu Ul Kalam azad,Syed Abu Ul Aula Moudodee and Mufti Mehmood) opposed Pakistan and preferred to live under a secular state of India . what you would say about them? Were they not true Muslims? Moulana Azad was a person who committed his life for struggle of freedom. His life is full of sacrifices. Allama Iqbal once said that Azad is the only scholar in India who can be called a Mujtahid?
4- Name me a single ruler after Khilaft e Rashda ,whose sway can be referred as Islamic? You know the history of so called Islamic caliphates is full of brutality. They also used name of Islam to strengthen their rule other was no Islamic spirit was found in the state matters.
5- Eeven Yazid Martyred Imam Hussain AS by holding the flag of Islam. So many Ullama considered him a just and legitimate Khalifa?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
Blossomberrry (Sunday, September 27, 2009), floydian (Sunday, September 27, 2009), Maha Khan (Monday, September 28, 2009)
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
@ fromQAU

What is this ?

Don't you have any manners ?

Which institution are you disgracing with such obscure remarks ? (I guess its QAU)

Your post is too subjective and without any logical argument.

Don't try to teach me Islam and stick to the topic of the thread. Take a stand for or against the blasphemy laws and then support it with logical arguments.

floydian
i m shocked to see this attitude.i cannot continue.i request forum admin to take notice. Oh my God.....where hv i come!
unbelievable.....
i quit...

Thanked 1,478 Times in 681 Posts
Zoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Is this a fatwa or your personal opinion posted by flodiyan?

After reading ur comments, I am sorry to ask that is it necessary to have fatwa about love for Our Holy Prophet (PBUH)? Dont you know the importance of that shair? If it is my personal opinion then i am 100 and 10 percent right... and i think there are certain things related to our own attachment towards any person without any fatwa...fore God sake is there any need of fatwa to love to our beloved Prophet(PBUH)????

there are so many verses in which Allah demands form us to obey Prophet (PBUH) 's teaching i-e infact teachings of Allah...

So when we obey and has to obey Allah 's message convey by Prophet (PBUH) then don't we have any feelings and attachment about our Prophet(PBUH)??

There are so many examples of sahaba karam's love towards Rasulluallah..

So if we will think that either we have any fatwa or not, then how will we stop those people who are against our Prophet(PBUH)????

Regards
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

@floydian
Iqbal unequivocally said that in Islam temporal and spiritual are not two different domains.
I agree he stressed the importance of Ijtihad but did we arrive at the conclusion of repealing blasphemy laws through the process of ijtihad. They were passed in a democratic manner and the majority considers them important.

Part I(Introductory) of the constitution calls Pakistan as Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Article 2 declares Islam to be the state religion.

Islam does not acknowledge the dichotomy of 'Render onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's'. In Islam all things belong to Allah.

Article 227 (1) of the constitution provides as follows:
‘All existing laws shall be brought in conformity with the injunctions of Islam as laid down in the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah, in this part referred to as the injunctions of Islam and no law shall be enacted which is repugnant to such injunctions.’

Constitution provides protection to minorities in the preamble:
'Wherein adequate provision shall be made for the minorities freely to profess and practise their religions and develop their cultures'

Failure of our law enforcement in protecting citizens cannot be held as a reason for repealing a law that protects our religious sentiments to be assaulted by anyone.

I believe by minorities in the above statement the framers of the constitution meant religious minorities

So, I am pretty positive that Pakistan is not a secular state at the moment.

@Saleeqa Batool

According to wikipedia
'Secularism is the concept that government or other entities should exist separately from religion and/or religious beliefs.'

Pakistan's constitution clearly do not conform to this definition by declaring Islam as a state religion unlike India which is a secular state as you mentioned.

Indian Muslims are no doubt true to their faiths but they do not enjoy the same liberties as we do in Pakistan. I think incidents like Babri Masjid, Gujrat Massacre 2002 provide clear evidence of this. There is much difference between what it says in the Indian constitution and the ground realities.

I believe India is not the best example of a secular state that you quoted. You can read the justification for this statement in 'Sachar Report'.
There were stories in the press last year when a flood in Eastern India displaced people and rescue people were found to be leaving lower caste (Dalits) people helpless. Indian constitution abolished caste system decades ago.

It is right that many Ulemas did not side with the Pakistan Movement till 1937 but most of them switched sides after seeing Congress atrocities during their 2 years of rule. The Ulemas who supported Pakistan, do you think they weren't true to their faith then?

Your statement regarding later Caliph's rule being 'full of brutality' is an overstatement. There might have been some incompetent rulers since it became a family affair rather than an Islamic caliphate but for the most part it was an enlightened rule. Read Muslim advancement in every field during their glory days especially in Spain. I don't think they presented such a shady picture as you have painted.

Let me quote the founding father of our secular 'ideal'
'Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding.'
-Mahatma Gandhi
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdullah Nayyar For This Useful Post:
Zoyee (Monday, September 28, 2009)