Saturday, April 20, 2024
07:17 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,478 Times in 681 Posts
Zoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud ofZoyee has much to be proud of
Default Salman Taseer's statement regarding blasphamy laws

PAKISTAN (ANS) -- The religious and political conservative leaders of Pakistan have said that they would not tolerate any attempt to repeal Pakistan’s infamous blasphemy laws.

Salman Taseer

The reaction of the fundamentalist leaders came in response to the Governor of Punjab, Salman Taseer’s statement on Wednesday, September 16, in which he suggested the repeal of the country’s blasphemy laws.

“The blasphemy laws should be repealed to protect the religious minorities, particularly in the wake of increasing incidents of Christians’ persecution by religious extremists,” said Mr. Taseer while replying to reporters’ queries at a dinner on Wednesday.

Reacting to the governor’s suggestion the fundamentalist religious and political leaders have equated demands for repeal of blasphemy to the committing of blasphemy.

Pakistan Urdu Daily Newspaper “Nawaiwaqt” quoted them as saying: “The governor should not play with sentiments of people.

“The secular-minded people should refrain from imposing their wishes on the people of Pakistan.

“The statement is an attempt to cover up domestic flaws. It is an open affront to the people of Pakistan.

“The matter of blasphemy is a matter of life and death for Muslims”, the newspaper quoted them as saying.

Khawaja Saad Rafique, a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, told the newspaper that attempts to repeal blasphemy laws will neither be tolerated now will they allow any such attempt to take place.

The newspaper quoted him as saying that unfortunate people who commit blasphemy against Prophet Muhammad, Jesus, Moses and other prophets should be given the same punishment as governed by the blasphemy laws.

He told the newspaper that those who misuse the laws should be meted out strict punishment.

Syed Munawar Hassan, Head of Jammat-e-Islami, (a fundamentalist Islamic religious party), was quoted by the newspaper as saying that the statement of the Governor and some non-governmental organizations that the blasphemy laws should be repealed was “condemnable.”

He said, “No true Muslim could tolerate blasphemy against Prophet Muhammad or against any prophets. Love of Prophet Muhammad is a fundamental part of Islamic faith.

“The governor’s logic that since Islam teaches us to protect minorities and therefore blasphemy laws should be repealed is an extremely weak one,” Mr. Hassan told the newspaper.

Engineer Saleemullah, Chief of Jamiat-e-Ulema Pakistan Nifaz-e-Shariat (Party of Pakistani Islamic scholars for imposition of Sharia) warned that if the blasphemy laws were repealed then lovers of prophet Muhammad belonging to religious parties including Tehrik-e-Nizam-e-Mustafa (Movement advocating system based on teaching of Muhammad), Tehrik-e-Tahfuz-e-Namoos-e-Risalat (Movement for protection of respect of Prophet Muhammad), would come out on streets to stage protest demonstrations.

Fellows, what do u suggest about this statement of Salman Tatheer? What do u think people that is it better to repeal blasphemy laws in an Islamic state? We claim that we are Islamic state having Islamic laws, a question arises here that what we want to show (as an Islamic State) by that statement? Being Muslims don't you people think it is ilogical statement?

Regards
Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, September 26, 2009), qayym (Sunday, September 27, 2009)

MadihaMalik is on a distinguished road

This is certainly a very abominable and extremely obnoxious statement on the part of our already quite notorious governer. I reckon every single pakistani is quite well aware of his secular ideas and religious aloofness, so his statement does not appear to be astonishing so far.

It is so unfortunate of pakistan to have such sick minded people among the ruling class. The state which came into its very existance only in the name of religion, is confronted with the worst ever absence of even the basic instinct of Islam. The rife of the dereliction and offenses against the religious teachings has already made Pakistan suffer like anything. Moreover, very obviously, under the shade of the so-called "enlightened moderation", this transgression has agrandized to the highest level.

I totally believe that the quagmire of crucial circumstances and the crises which has been besieging our beloved state for the past decade, are the result of Allah's imprecation for the reason of the missing religious aptitude.

We all, as muslims, are well acquainted with the fact that the person (whether believer or a non believer) who is alleged of carrying out this blasphemous act of desecration of Holy Quran should be prone to religious penalty as per the islamic law. Then why talk of repealing such acts which aim to halt the anticipated recurrence of such profane incidents???????

This can surely lead to Allah's curse. (God forbid)

Our nation already has accosted enough of terrorism by the people who are none other than the religious extremists. They are already infuriated at the excessive religious emancipation which is the GIFT of our contemporary as well as the previous governments, backed by Uncle Sam's dictation,therefore, revocation of such laws (which prove to provide the religious security) would result in belligerent retaliation by those extremists. And this time, the counteraction is going to be with a severer blow.

May Allah guide our rulers through the right path.............Ameen

And yes, I totally endorse the conviction that any such supurious notion should highly be condemned and subject to open criticism.

best regards,
Madiha Malik

Last edited by Viceroy; Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Merger
Assistant Commissioner BCS (EB)
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: BPSC B-17 - 2017

Silent Spectator is just really niceSilent Spectator is just really niceSilent Spectator is just really niceSilent Spectator is just really niceSilent Spectator is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadihaMalik
Asslamulaikum,

I am second to MadihaMalik!!

Actually let me remind all of you people about the worst words of this Corrupt Politician which he uttered after the Drone Attacks in Waziristan, he added" PAKISTANI'S SHOULD NOT THINK OF THESE DRONE ATTACKS, RATHER PAY HEED TO THE IMPORT OF SWEET DOLLARS" Very Shameful words!!
Now, this Man, Calling himself a Secular person, Actually such people are Ignorant, not secular, they are so called Muslims, not only this Worst man rather so many others as well!!
In a Country which was made by the name of Islam, and we call it an Islamic state, there a Governor demands such thing, it is really amazing!
Scholars of pakistan are requeted to come forward to deal with this Man!!

Regards.
MadihaMalik (Wednesday, September 23, 2009), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, September 26, 2009)
Old Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This is certainly a very abominable and extremely obnoxious statement on the part of our already quite notorious governer. I reckon every single pakistani is quite well aware of his secular ideas and religious aloofness, so his statement does not appear to be astonishing so far.
While I have had only differences with this crone of Zardari's, I have to say I'm with him on this 100%.

He wants us, as a civilized society, to repeal a law that is misused against a helpless minority. It is such a ridiculous law that it carries the death penalty. Pakistan was never meant to be a theocracy with religious bigoted laws at the helm of affairs.

Quote:
It is so unfortunate of pakistan to have such sick minded people among the ruling class. The state which came into its very existance only in the name of religion, is confronted with the worst ever absence of even the basic instinct of Islam. The rife of the dereliction and offenses against the religious teachings has already made Pakistan suffer like anything. Moreover, very obviously, under the shade of the so-called "enlightened moderation", this transgression has agrandized to the highest level.
Madiha, are you aware that the same lobby that supports this draconian Blasphemy Law is the same that wants the Hudood Ordinance to be re-changed so that when a woman is raped, she has to provide four male witnesses otherwise she would be sentenced to jail for adultery. In the civilized world, we are mocked and ridiculed for this barbaric law in which a rape victim is told to provide four male witnesses or else become a victim of our 'laws'.

As for "blasphemy," do you know what the most obvious thing to do is when you're at odds with non-Muslim family/person or group? Just proclaim that you saw them desecrate the Quran or you heard them say something vile about the Prophet and you'll not only have a mob take care of your problems for you, you'd have the aggrieved sent to the gallows, too!

Quote:
I totally believe that the quagmire of crucial circumstances and the crises which has been besieging our beloved state for the past decade, are the result of Allah's imprecation for the reason of the missing religious aptitude.
Following that logic, atheist Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France as well as Shintoist Japan and Christian America should've had rocks of fire reigning down on them.

All of our demons, without exception, are of our own creation. The day we stop blaming God and foreign agencies for all our problems and start accepting our fault and begin to rectify those mistakes of the past will be the day our salvation comes - from our own hands and our own sweat and blood.

Quote:
We all, as muslims, are well acquainted with the fact that the person (whether believer or a non believer) who is alleged of carrying out this blasphemous act of desecration of Holy Quran should be prone to religious penalty as per the islamic law. Then why talk of repealing such acts which aim to halt the anticipated recurrence of such profane incidents???????

As a Muslim, you believe that God is the Greatest. If someone desecrates His Eternal word, surely God is Rehman-ur-Raheem and He will forgive Him. Even then, it's a matter between Allah and that blasphemer, there's no other guilty party. If anything, the "blasphemer" will spend an eternity in hellfire, isn't that enough punishment for you?

Quote:
Our nation already has accosted enough of terrorism by the people who are none other than the religious extremists. They are already infuriated at the excessive religious emancipation which is the GIFT of our contemporary as well as the previous governments, backed by Uncle Sam's dictation,therefore, revocation of such laws (which prove to provide the religious security) would result in belligerent retaliation by those extremists. And this time, the counteraction is going to be with a severer blow.

May Allah guide our rulers through the right path.............Ameen

The same religious element would not have you post your picture on the internet, it would not let people use the internet, it would not allow you to go out with a male guardian and a burkha, it would not allow you the freedom of speech you are enjoying now and it would most certainly take away from you all that you think is decent and civilized.

How far should we go to please these religious bigots?

Please, as the educated few of this country, we must realize how draconian this law is. Imagine this:

- When you proclaim yourself a Jew, you directly infer that Christianity and Islam are false religions. That is, Jesus was not the Messiah and Mohammad (sw) was a false prophet.

- When you proclaim yourself a Christian, you directly infer that Islam is a false religion.

- When you proclaim yourself a Muslim, you directly infer that Christianity is a false religion. You also proclaim that the Gita, the Vedas are all false and Hindus are kaffirs.

So when you say you belong to one group, you reject all their books and teachings as false by default. So by proclaiming you're a Hindu, you automatically say that Islam is not the true religion so that's blasphemy in itself. There's no end to it. Think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Spectator
Asslamulaikum,

I am second to MadihaMalik!!

Actually let me remind all of you people about the worst words of this Corrupt Politician which he uttered after the Drone Attacks in Waziristan, he added" PAKISTANI'S SHOULD NOT THINK OF THESE DRONE ATTACKS, RATHER PAY HEED TO THE IMPORT OF SWEET DOLLARS" Very Shameful words!!
Now, this Man, Calling himself a Secular person, Actually such people are Ignorant, not secular, they are so called Muslims, not only this Worst man rather so many others as well!!
In a Country which was made by the name of Islam, and we call it an Islamic state, there a Governor demands such thing, it is really amazing!
Scholars of pakistan are requeted to come forward to deal with this Man!!

Regards.

While I disagree with the governor wholeheartedly on his remark about the drone attacks, I have to point a few things out:

- Pakistan was not made in the name of Islam. Pakistan was made as a country for the Muslims of India

- Pakistan was never meant to be an Islamic state like Saudi Arabia, Somalia or Iran.

- The scholars of Pakistan should support Jinnah Sahab's Pakistan and not the Pakistan of Fazl-ur-Rehman, Zia and Qazi Hussain Ahmed.

In any case Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic State to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims --Hindus, Christians, and Parsis --but they are all Pakistanis. They will enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan. - Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah

Even now there are some States in existence where there are discriminations made and bars imposed against a particular class. Thank God, we are not starting in those days. We are starting in the days when there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State. - Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah

The great majority of us are Muslims. We follow the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed (may peace be upon him). We are members of the brotherhood of Islam in which all are equal in rights, dignity and self-respect. Consequently, we have a special and a very deep sense of unity. But make no mistake: Pakistan is not a theocracy or anything like it. - Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah

You are free; you are free to go to your temples. You are free to go to your mosques or to any other places of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed --that has nothing to do with the business of the State. - Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah

The exploits of your leaders in many a historic field of battle; the progress of your Revolution; the rise and career of the great Ataturk, his revitalization of your nation by his great statesmanship, courage and foresight all these stirring events are well-known to the people of Pakistan. - Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah

No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you. We are victims of evil customs. It is a crime against humanity that our women are shut up within the four walls of the houses as prisoners. There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable condition in which our women have to live. - Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah

People who support this ridiculous theocratic law disagree with Jinnah Sahab himself.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 06:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed_2007_Cool For This Useful Post:
Maha Khan (Monday, September 28, 2009)
Old Wednesday, September 23, 2009

With all the due respect for your point of view, I would like to reply as under, in accordance with your justification.

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]He wants us, as a civilized society, to repeal a law that is misused against a helpless minority.

As far as I have been noticing this guy all through the period he has been under the lime light, I dont see even a 1 percent civilization in his views and thoughts.

Now coming to the point, I would like to say that its not the clauses of law itself that are below par but the way of implementing it. There are certain institutions in a system which are responsible for the impledging of laws and not the general masses. Ofcourse, any commoner should be punished for taking the law in his/her hands and I totally condemn the unlawful retaliation on the part of muslims. But at the same time, its not providing the notion that any law should be repealed merely for the reason that it was taken in hands by the commoners. Moreover, you call these minorities helpless, but what about the feelings of those majorities who might start feeling insecure in the absence of the laws already bestowed by islam? And dont you think, if today, such laws are revoked, the system would become subject to misventuring on the part of this minority group as well? I think it will!!!!

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]It is such a ridiculous law that it carries the death penalty. Pakistan was never meant to be a theocracy with religious bigoted laws at the helm of affairs.

If you are calling this law ridiculous, then you must have the same conception about the islamic laws like the person who converts from islam to any other religion should affront the death penalty. Very strange though!

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]Madiha, are you aware that the same lobby that supports this draconian Blasphemy Law is the same that wants the Hudood Ordinance to be re-changed so that when a woman is raped, she has to provide four male witnesses otherwise she would be sentenced to jail for adultery. In the civilized world, we are mocked and ridiculed for this barbaric law in which a rape victim is told to provide four male witnesses or else become a victim of our 'laws'.

Well, to me, this law does not appear to be draconian. And as far as the hudood ordinance is concerned, I am not among those who endorse its reform. But at the same time, I know that no man or woman can be accused of committing adultery unless is witnessed by anyone. Now you tell me please, can we think of anyone committing adultery infront of any witness? Ofcourse not. But this logically has a purpose behind. The more the matters like this are sensitive, the more they are prone to be misused and taken advantage of. And that is the logic!!!

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]As for "blasphemy," do you know what the most obvious thing to do is when you're at odds with non-Muslim family/person or group? Just proclaim that you saw them desecrate the Quran or you heard them say something vile about the Prophet and you'll not only have a mob take care of your problems for you, you'd have the aggrieved sent to the gallows, too!

I have already mentioned that I totally consent upon this very fact and I consummately reprehend and censure any such violation of law by the commoners. And reactionary events occuring as a result of the violation should be immediately dealt with as per law.

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]Following that logic, atheist Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France as well as Shintoist Japan and Christian America should've had rocks of fire reigning down on them.

Well, all the states which you have mentioned above are not the islamic ones so its very absurd to talk about the non-muslim people of these states not practising their religion. Ofcourse, islam has nothing to do with the people belonging to other religion and whether they practice what they believe or not. But being a muslim, one would expect out of me to say my prayers five times a day and perform other religious obligations because if I dont happen to do so, I would definitely be answerable to Allah. So, if islamic laws are not being practiced in islamic states, does that have nothing to do with the accountability?

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]All of our demons, without exception, are of our own creation. The day we stop blaming God and foreign agencies for all our problems and start accepting our fault and begin to rectify those mistakes of the past will be the day our salvation comes - from our own hands and our own sweat and blood.

No one here, I believe is blaming Allah for anything. We all know its our own deeds which have brought us to the verge of decline. Foreign agencies should be talked about subsequently, but lately, our own institutions are responsible for not formulating the laws in conformation to islamic teachings.

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]As a Muslim, you believe that God is the Greatest. If someone desecrates His Eternal word, surely God is Rehman-ur-Raheem and He will forgive Him. Even then, it's a matter between Allah and that blasphemer, there's no other guilty party. If anything, the "blasphemer" will spend an eternity in hellfire, isn't that enough punishment for you?

Let me clarify, we have been taught by our parents and teachers since we were minors that any non-believer would not be pardoned by Allah and would not enter the paradise. I have not even a bit of doubt about Allah's frogiveness given that the sinner is a muslim. And as long as the blasphemous act on the part of any person is not degrading and dishonoring islam's core constituents like Holy Quran and the dignity of Our beloved prophet(S.A.W), its the matter between Allah and the culprit. But if the case is contrary, its the matter of concern for each and every muslim.

My mother is a professor of islamic studies in a local university here. I have been taught by her pertaining to the issues like this since I was a child. According to her knowledge, Allah has made it our obligation that we as muslims, should halt any evil acts taking place in a society. If we dont have the audacity to stop it by force, we should speak of it aloud and condemn that atleast verbally. And still, if we are unable to speak of its illness openly, we should consider those acts evil from our hearts and minds. And thats what I have done so far.

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]The same religious element would not have you post your picture on the internet, it would not let people use the internet, it would not allow you to go out with a male guardian and a burkha, it would not allow you the freedom of speech you are enjoying now and it would most certainly take away from you all that you think is decent and civilized.

What has made you get the conception through any of my comment that I am endorsing those religious extremists in any case? Let me clarify, I am a very humane, compassionate and sensitive being and cannot see the innocent people dying so mercilessly in the bombings by such elements. I believe they actually dont comprehend the gist and instinct of islam which otherwise is a very moderate religion and strictly forbids the preaching by force.

[QUOTE=Ahmed_2007_Cool;142733]How far should we go to please these religious bigots?

Again, I did not suggest at all to please those exremists. I just tried to say that this step would give them another reason to come up with more and more brutal attacks.

And at the end, I am not here to criticize anyone or degrade anyone's view point. Everyone has a right to express one's feelings and ideas. I have just done so. Also, I am not trying to convince you for my thoughts, its just that I have tried to justify my own views as per my own little knowledge.

I respect your opinion. But I have my own to defend.

best regards,
Madiha Malik
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadihaMalik For This Useful Post:
Abdullah Nayyar (Saturday, September 26, 2009), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, September 26, 2009), The Star (Wednesday, September 23, 2009)
Old Thursday, September 24, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

Quid E Azam in his first adress to the constitunal assembly on 11th August 1947, envisioned a progressive,democratic and secular Pakistan.Unfortunatly this speech was sensored on the desire of religious hawks.They had decided to rule on the name of religion. And you know who was presiding over this session of assembly? Joginder Nath Mandal , a Hindu by religon.

Quote:
You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State. As you know, history shows that in England, conditions, some time ago, were much worse than those prevailing in India today. The Roman Catholics and the Protestants persecuted each other. Even now there are some States in existence where there are discriminations made and bars imposed against a particular class. Thank God, we are not starting in those days. We are starting in the days where there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State. The people of England in course of time had to face the realities of the situation and had to discharge the responsibilities and burdens placed upon them by the government of their country and they went through that fire step by step. Today, you might say with justice that Roman Catholics and Protestants do not exist; what exists now is that every man is a citizen, an equal citizen of Great Britain and they are all members of the Nation.Now I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.
First anthem of Pakistan was written by a Hindu Poet ,Jaganath Azad , on the desire of Quid.Its lyrics were

Ai sarzamīn-e-Pāk

Zarre tere hain āj

Sitāron se tābnāk

Roshan hain kehkashān se kahīn

Āj terī xāk

However it was repealed only after six months of Quid's demise.

Religon has been used for political ambitions in Pakistan . IJI was formed on the name of Islam by abuse of public money.Zia ul Haq wrote a new history of brutality to perpetuate his rule , and it was on the name of islam.The So called Passdaraan Islam( Jamat E Islami and compnay) abetted him in all of his wrong doings and waged american sponsered JIhad to earn DOLLORS.Is it islam.

Religion is individual concern so state should never interfere in it .IT is secularisam and nothing is wrong in it.Secular state allows its citizens to freely excercize their religious beliefs.It is not negation of religion rather it is name of tollerance and inter religion harmony.It is infact the negation of extremisam, Self imposition and indoctrination.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
Maha Khan (Monday, September 28, 2009)
Old Thursday, September 24, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all
Default Do you mind ?

@Salman Taseer, Ahmed_2007_Cool and Saleeqa Batool

I completely endorse your views. Thanks for being enlightened and speaking up your mind.

Secular Pakistanis Zindabad.

Some brief "facts"

Aurengzeb Alamgir was the first Mughal ruler to bring religion into politics for selfish and immoral gains. (I support Dara Shikoh)

Liaquat Ali Khan was the first Pakistani ruler who let the religion mongers have their say in shape of "Objectives Resolution". (OR makes me laugh)

Finally, Zia turned Pakistan from so called Islamic Republic into Fanatic Republic.

Now those who lack initiative, practical approach, open mind, bravery, intellect, hard work, zeal, self consciousness, entrepreneurship skills, prudence, analytical mind, leadership, simplicity and civilization etc, are the ones who take refuge behind religion.

Such people aspire to become Mufti Munib and Fazlur Rehman on the basis of religion.

And they just can't stop imposing their own personal views (in the shadow of religion) upon others.

Down with blasphemy laws.

Please don't get offended as these are my personal views and I have a right to keep them.

yours truly,
floydian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
Blossomberrry (Saturday, September 26, 2009), Saleeqa Batool (Friday, September 25, 2009)
Old Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post

Now those who lack initiative, practical approach, open mind, bravery, intellect, hard work, zeal, self consciousness, entrepreneurship skills, prudence, analytical mind, leadership, simplicity and civilization etc, are the ones who take refuge behind religion.

Such people aspire to become Mufti Munib and Fazlur Rehman on the basis of religion.

And they just can't stop imposing their own personal views (in the shadow of religion) upon others.

floydian
Firstly, as long as any person is belonging to any religion other than islam, u may sound right , but to me, if a person is a follower of islam, there is nothing at all wrong in taking what you call "refuge behind" but I would say as "shelter under" it. As I believe for is the only religion providing protection and security against any political, economic and social jeopardy.

Furthermore, the true muslims can prove to be more initiative, practical, open minded, brave,intellectual, hard working, zealous, self conscious, entrepreneur, prudent, analytical minded,spectacular leader, simple yet audacious and civilized than any other person in the world. Our very own beloved Prophet (S.A.W) is a perfect example of all these personality traits and many more.

Secondly, about aspiring to be like Mufti Munib and Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman, I reckon there are much better people around to make anyone desire for being like them.

Lastly, no one here is imposing his/her ideas on anyone neither specifically in the name of religion nor in general. Its just a scaffold for sharing ideas and thoughts.

best regards,
Madiha Malik
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AOA

well every body has liberty of expression irrespective of religion creed or caste, so is the case with sulaiman taseer and like minded person... but as far as notion terming Islam a theocratic system is concerned, it is absolutely wrong. ... sory to say fellows who are promoting the ideas that pakistan was required to be made a seculiar state live in foulish's paradise... bulk of people who sacrificed for their country didnt do that on listening to the speeches of jinnah, in most of the cases they had not construed an iota of his english speeches, they fought and gave sacrificies including their blood on the slogan, 'pakistan ka matlab kia, la ilaha il lala'....

islam itself is a system of life and provides code of conduct for every from birth to death, one can find teachings of islam in every aspect including dealings with the minorities ... islam is not theocracy, islam dont says to follow a bigot priest, islam's terachings are not secret to be read only by some privilage clases. its teachings are crystal clear. if we base our system on true islam thn we can prosper and prosper a lot and ultimately quaid had thought for true teachings of islam (the pristine injunctions of islam), yes he did not say to follow a bigot allama who can read quran but cant get its meanings and true explanations, ..... in my thinking a persons life without islam is life of an animal or perhaps lower thn that...

as regards aurangzeb, zia, maulana fazlur rehman and so on thn plz be noted that they can't be considered good muslims, because they used islam to get strengthen their rules.. had aurangzeb a zealot muslim thn i bet you wont have been seeing a number of hindus living in the sub-continent. aurangzeb had followed certain islamic things and altogether ignored others, but he was not at al a fanatic muslim. basically he was a king, who had to strengthen his rule... and plz be noted that Aurengzeb was not the first Mughal ruler to bring religion into politics, prior to him babur had also did same while breaking liquor drums and oathing to turn away from every sin before panipat war, hamayun also used religion during getting military suport from safavid iran, akbar also used religion to get his rule strengthen by introducing different new things in islam, he introduced those things only to appease non-muslims to get strengthen his throne. mororeless akbar used religion.. ..

so far as repealing of blasphemy law, i can remember that it is narrated from AnHazrat (pbuh) that a person cannot become a Muslim unless and until he loves me morethan his parents his family and all of his things.... perhaps i may had mixed some words but its some what the same..... in this context may i ask a question that what will you do if some body call names to your parents?? your mother?? and falsely associate some body with them?? for God sake AnHazrat (saw) dont have any position in your hearts?????

Yes this might be a fact that often people used this law to get their personal revenges satisfied... but in that case simply repealing this law will not serve the purpose. at least this law provides a protection thing for many muslims, its pertinent to mention here that most of the muslims of Pakistan are illiterate thanks to the people like Governor who dont want to literate their constituencies to remain on saddle of power....

the blasphemy law should not at all be repealed....... instead governor should go home, its enough time that he has enjoyed the pricks and privilages of governorship.....

Last edited by Muhammad T S Awan; Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: missed some points so editing...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muhammad T S Awan For This Useful Post:
MadihaMalik (Saturday, September 26, 2009), qayym (Sunday, September 27, 2009), Zoyee (Saturday, September 26, 2009)

Blossomberrry is on a distinguished road
Default i support floydan 100 %

This burnt up lady is just a case of an inverse psychotic, there are anomalies and obscurantism in her arguments the size of mars, she again and again selectively make islam her springboard to fire her arguments but islam is before anything else is justice and redemption to humanity through secular actions with the divine zest and zeal in the face of dreadful quagmires swallowing up the whole humanity. what mr salman tasser said is never against the spirit of islam . rather it was befitting with the most merciful bestower of the milk of human kindness prophet saw which is why his name is praised by whole creation

As for current vilification campaign on internet against the modern and liberal family of mr salman tasseer is at best a great irony, for those who inaugurated this campaign are more corrupt and dirty in their private lives which is hidden from the general masses. why the family of mr salmaan taseer get the wrong end of the stick is that they remain too unsuspecting and unwary as to the fact that in Socio-religio culture of Pakistan,, A BAD NAME IS WORSE THAN A BAD DEED.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossomberrry For This Useful Post:
floydian (Saturday, September 26, 2009), Maha Khan (Monday, September 28, 2009)