Thursday, April 25, 2024
12:49 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, January 08, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Arbab.Danish will become famous soon enough
Question Role of N.G.O's In Pakistan.

Seniors and Friends Assalam o Alaikum,

I would like to know your views about the role of N.G.O's in Pakistan, especially foreign and western ones. how much are they helpful and how much they are harmful. What are their missions ( some may have common and some may have different). Why some people in Pakistan are against them? why are they considered (by some) against the foundation of Pakistan. Why some religious-political parties are too much against them?

I would be thankful for your views.
Old Saturday, January 09, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

In general, NGO sector is contributing well in the development of our country. But all are not same. Like there are black sheeps in every segment of society, this sector has also its share. There are some who have hidden agenda and are in the field to just collect funds from national and international doners. They have conections that help them in achieving their goals.

sameen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbab.Danish View Post
Seniors and Friends Assalam o Alaikum,

I would like to know your views about the role of N.G.O's in Pakistan, especially foreign and western ones. how much are they helpful and how much they are harmful. What are their missions ( some may have common and some may have different). Why some people in Pakistan are against them? why are they considered (by some) against the foundation of Pakistan. Why some religious-political parties are too much against them?

I would be thankful for your views.
NGOs:

Engines to embezzle huge funds
Tools to exploit society
Spys
Information extracting forums for external use
Sort of Lame excuse for Government

Khanabadosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameen View Post
NGOs:

Engines to embezzle huge funds
Tools to exploit society
Spys
Information extracting forums for external use
Sort of Lame excuse for Government
Sameen you're taking much too advantages of 'DEMOCRACY' in the country. but i don't know whether this forum was made during democratic days or not. be careful buddy.... you're going too fast! otherwise we'll be missing your company in the next few posts... i hope you know what i mean to say.

“And among men there is one who selleth his self (soul) seeking the pleasure of God; and verily, God is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants.” 2:207

sameen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanabadosh View Post
Sameen you're taking much too advantages of 'DEMOCRACY' in the country. but i don't know whether this forum was made during democratic days or not. be careful buddy.... you're going too fast! otherwise we'll be missing your company in the next few posts... i hope you know what i mean to say.
Thanks for reminding me bhaya. But I can prove my each point regarding NGOs by quoting real examples.
Old Sunday, January 10, 2010
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

I agree 2 Sameen over this. I too have little bit personal experience 2 say this. Exceptions are always dere but in this case i guess da exception are few good one else all the rest are based on self intrest 2 say the least and often against our national intrest too.

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
The Following User Says Thank You to S_Ranjha For This Useful Post:
sameen (Sunday, January 10, 2010)

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Sameen may be right to some extent but i know some NGOs who are doing great for the people and the country like SOS, WWF, HRCP, AKRSP, FPA, PSRD, Aurat Foundation, sadia campus to name a few.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

some NGOs r doing great job,but still thy r unable to get respect in the eyes of common man,,,NGOs have thr own intersts,thy seldoms works 4 the sake of the Nation,,,u cn take the example of Mukhtaran Mai case...NGOs earned alot by exploiting ths issue,,,thr ws a report tht most NGOs took Mukhtarn Mai issue on International forums,,,internationl NGOs gyv her donation,but as she herself ws an uneduated person,so NGOs gained full advantage of her weakness...(if an intenational organisation gave her 1 lakh dollar,NGo'owner
gyv her 1 lakh rupee,so whr z the remaining money)?)...in my point of view,NGOs might be effective in foriegn countries but not in Pakistani society..
regards
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 78

zahoor afridi is on a distinguished road
Default NGO's in pakistan

the basic flaw with NGOs in pakistan is non functioning and it can best be tackled primarily during the registration phase.An NGO on national level can be registered at a very minimum cost which is not more than 10000rs.what can be done at this stage is to thoroughly check the objectives and motives plus also observe the team involved, their history in the relevant field.plus government can ensure periodic checkings and demand monthly reports and audit sheets , upon checking these things , the life term of the NGOs should be extended.

If somebody wants to serve others, he can do it without registration.