CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   We as .....Pakistanis (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/2756-we-pakistanis.html)

ladydior Tuesday, March 07, 2006 03:16 AM

We as .....Pakistanis

Just a simple question

as i have been reading all the discussions here about Musharraf ,his "buddies" plus his policies... and it seems like we dont like many of his steps-

now the question is how we can make our country strong---- individually?

as unfortunately

1-we dont trust our leader

2-our media has brought the nation to the brink of destruction (as mass media plays a very vital role either in building up a nation or opposite to it)

3-we have developed this habit of criticizing others

and so on.....

maria khan Wednesday, March 08, 2006 06:07 PM

[I]our media has brought the nation to the brink of destruction (as mass media plays a very vital role either in building up a nation or opposite to it)[/I]

The job of media is cover all issues whether its from the side of opposition or from those who are in favor, its because if media will turn one-sided, them it won't last as free sector it would be termed as nutty of rulers. Freedom of expression is the right of media, it displays the stuff which is circulating arround us not the self generated drafts.

[I]we dont trust our leader[/I]

Read out our political history, since that time of birth till yet we are suffering the absence of true leadership. We can trust those who could prove themselves trustworthy, yup thats true that there is friction in nature, means nobody is ideal, but i don't think so that its hard to be get reliable, then why our leaders excluding our QUAID failed to do so?

[I]we have developed this habit of criticizing others [/I]

Healthy criticizment isn't such a bad thing my lady, but firing on every next subject for the sake of domination is definately a sick activity, here i do agree with ur thinking.

Yasir Hayat Khan Thursday, March 09, 2006 02:32 AM

1-we dont trust our leader

Ur absolutely rite..... I have been telling all around to trust our leader.....
atleast he does what he says and he means what he does......
For heaven's sake trust him

2-our media has brought the nation to the brink of destruction (as mass media plays a very vital role either in building up a nation or opposite to it)
Since the Media has got out of shakles of the past, I think they have forgotten the responsibility that comes with freedom........ the media makes hype of nothing.......

3-we have developed this habit of criticizing others
Exactly....... and most of us critisize just for the sake of criticism....
I think when one stops looking at his own faults...... then he starts criticizing others

Tahir Ali Khan Friday, March 10, 2006 11:07 AM

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Answer[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]We should spend more and more on defence as the way to progress in Pakistan is through the barrel of a gun.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]For your information:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Last year we spent [B][FONT=Verdana]Rs 223.5 billion[/FONT][/B] (excluding about [B][FONT=Verdana]Rs 33.5 billion Military pension[/FONT][/B] which was taken from the public accounts) [B][FONT=Verdana]on defence[/FONT][/B] and a meagre [B][FONT=Verdana]Rs 16.6 billion on education[/FONT][/B] and [B][FONT=Verdana]Rs 4.1 billion on Health[/FONT][/B].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]In contrast a developed country like the UK spent [B][FONT=Verdana]£146 billion [/FONT][/B]on [B][FONT=Verdana]social protection[/FONT][/B], [B][FONT=Verdana]£90 billion [/FONT][/B]on[B][FONT=Verdana] Health[/FONT][/B], [B][FONT=Verdana]£68 billion [/FONT][/B]on [B][FONT=Verdana]education[/FONT][/B] and only a meagre [B][FONT=Verdana]£28 billion [/FONT][/B]on [B][FONT=Verdana]Defence[/FONT][/B].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]When I attended last year's budget session of the National Assembly I came to know that even members of the Parliament are not given the details of defence spending--only the GHQ is the sole knower. Nor not is this defence spending debateable in the Parliament. Whereas all other departments give their detailed account of the expected spending for year ahead.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]On other hand defence spending of other countries are debateable and everyone can get the details. You can get complete details of the military spending of countries like US, UK, India, etc from the internet even for the coming years.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Until the time we get rid of the military element in decision making nothing can be expected in Pakistan.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]مگر بلی کے گلے میں گھنٹی باندھے گا کون؟[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]This does not mean that I am completely happy with the political parties--as non of them is a political party in the true sense of the word. Instead they are somewhat like pressure groups.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Our biggest problem, I think, is the weak judiciary which has always played in the ha[/COLOR][COLOR=black]n[/COLOR][COLOR=black]ds of either the military or the politicians.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Only the rule of law can correct the situation.[/COLOR]

12:39 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.