Friday, March 29, 2024
02:02 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, December 21, 2009

Fawad Alam is on a distinguished road
Default Army Induction in Civil Services-Needs Condemnation

Dear Colleagues!
As we all know that CSS is the only hope of the thousands of students of the lower middle class. At least FPSC is the institution which we feel is free from biases and works on merit.
It is unfortunate that the civilians whether in Government service or outside it have to pass the CSS exam while the Army officers of a rank of Captian are inducted directly by the GHQ without any exam.10% quota is reserved for them only in the top three groups: DMG, Police and Foreign Services. As per army rules, the top ranking officers are not sent but those who cannot perform well are sent. no exam no criteria only the sons of powerful generals are sent.
They are not only inducted but given the top Seniority as per the Establishment Division 1990 Occupational Groups Rules. In other words, they are given top seniority even above the one who has topped the CSS exam. this we must condemn on the following grounds:=
1- It is a flagrant violation of the basic fundamental right of equality as given in Article 25 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. If people from army can be inducted into the three top occupational groups without any exam then why not all those who are in other services of Pakistan?
2- Giving them the top seniority for no reason is violation of the principle of social justice. the seniority of those who have worked hard for qualifying CSS exam in being disturbed by the army officers only because their institution is powerful.
3-It is a great injustice to the thousands of qualified students of Pakistan who are looking upon the Civil Services as the only hope.
4-They not only disturb the seniority of their batch mates but also rush to the military dictators because their loyalties are always with the previous institution (army) and through out the service they retain the nomenclature (Captian) of Army
5- It is also injustice to the civil services. The civilians who qualify CSS are highly qualified with some having done PhDs.The Army officers on the contrary do FSc and then only graduation from PMA in Artillery which has no relevance with the civil services. Civil services require high intellectual calibre. Also that they do not send the officers having high Officers Efficiency Index (OEI) numbers.
6- they are not inducted to the other groups but only to the top three groups.

Brothers and Sisters let us unite, with collective voice, write to the newspapers for so many times as possible, and appeal to the Chief Justice of Pakistan to take notice of that and abolish this special privileged quota for the Captians.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fawad Alam For This Useful Post:
DEVOLUTION GEEK (Sunday, January 03, 2010), lionking (Monday, January 04, 2010)
Old Monday, December 21, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Dear Fawad I would like to state that CSS is not the only hope for people belonging to middle class. Armed forces have played a far better role in absorbing a great chunk of the populace. I think the easiest way to become an officer is to go for ISSB with only 12 years of education.

And no there is no violation of any fundamental rights here. Your statement that sons of generals occupy important slots is totally wrong and based on a very biased and negative assumption. No such thing prevails there. Army is the most professional institution in the country right now. There is a very tough criteria for army officers to be selected for civil services.

There is no use of getting green from envy and unnecessarily wasting energy and time by raising hue and cry with the CJ. Its useless and futile thing to do.

My advise would be to concentrate only on the exams and do your best. Its time for us to stop believing in conspiracy theories and set our own house in order.

I just shared my honest personal opinion and expect that you won't get offended in any way.

cheers,
floydian
The Following User Says Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
jadoon khan (Monday, December 21, 2009)
Old Tuesday, December 22, 2009

@Floydian
Thanx for your comments.we should always talk on the basis of facts. I do not doubt the professionalism of Army as an institution in its own rights. I question the Rule "Why are the Army Officers (Captians) inducted in the top three groups of Civil Services without any exam and why they are given the top seniority without exam and why not government officers in other departments who have previously qualified exams of Public Service Commission???""
There is no criterion.Only those who are influential make their way. The SINGLE criterion is that those who are the best in the armed forces are not sent to the Civil Services.
Where is the so-called Conspiracy theory and where are the UNNECESSARY HUE and CRY????
It is only because the army is a strong institution and has to get a privileged position.
They should appear in the CSS exam and even if the secure all the seats every year, it will be acceptable to everyone..
It is a violation of the fundamental rights because all the citizens are equal and everyone has right to every service PROVIDED that he/she QUALIFIES himself/herself for the exam.
Old Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 8278, CE 2012 - Roll no 12818,

Chosen_One is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with brother Fawad. It runs contrary to the norm of Meritocracy and Social Justice. We are required to appear in 12 papers after graduation which is not the case with Army and yet latter is prefered on us.... its strange.
Old Wednesday, December 23, 2009

@Brother Chosen One!
you rightly perceived what i want to say. We give exam and they do not. 10% quota is reserved for them which is more than the combined quota of Baluchistan and FATA only for the rank of Captian and that too in the TOP THREE groups namely DMG, POLICE and FOREIGN SERVICES.
they just do FSc and are inducted in civil services while the civilians have to go a long way.
It is violation of Article 25 of the Constitution of Pakistan and is opposed to social justice.
We must raise this issue
Old Sunday, January 03, 2010

Nadeem Paracha is on a distinguished road

@Brother Fawad
You are absolutely right. It is violation of fundamental rights. Why they are inducted without CSS and most importantly why they are given the highest seniority...
This must be of concern to all the educated people of Pakistan and we must bring it to the attention of those who matter.It is indeed our moral responsibility to object to this practice
Old Sunday, January 03, 2010

GESTAPO is on a distinguished road
Default ha ha ha.....

dear you r saying that a 17 grade millitary officer(captain) becomes a 17 grade civil officer. this is nothing for them and for us. we have seen a 21 or 22 grade millitary officer becoming president+prime minister+army chief, a three in one (3 in 1) case, many times. be patient, nothing is gonna happen by shouting. dont waste ur time.
Old Monday, January 04, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no. 824PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PPMS 2015 - Merit 5

lionking is on a distinguished road

I appriciate fawad. He has straight forwerdly put forwerd his honest views regarding this issue. Institutuions are not build up by personalities. Instead they are evolved and deneloped by traditions and customs they hold. Civil bureaucreacy mean civil exacutive body. It should not be intermingle or share with any other exacutine body. Army is no doubt our pride but its duty is to defend borders not to run the civil exacutive institutions. If some one is thinking to defend it on the grounds of middle class representation and 12 years education. It is totaly false. Democratic state mean the majority rule for the good of all. Rule of law is prerequisit for this sacred cause. If you are arguaing that majority of the middle class is only in army. Donot forget the labour and trade unions. They are pure representatives of middle class. Why dont you suggest them to incorporate in cicil bureaucreacy amd millitary both, without any exam. And if a millitary general holded 3 designations at the same time, it is not because the illigibility of millitry to rule but because of the Illiteracy of our masses. Lastly if any 1 still has a utopian wish to incorporate army officer in civil exacutive donot forget the lessons of Fall of Dhaka. All bureaucracy were there was headed by our brave Army. But it only terrorize Bengalis bureaucracy and owed to the riots of East Pakistan Riffles and East Pakistan police. I think now it should be clear that fawad rose a very importent and critical question. Either we should accept a Quaid's Modern Democratic Pakistan, Or a Facist Pakistan of Armed force leaders. Whether we wish to develop our institutions or want to see them destroying under the heavy slogens of So called NATIONALISM.
Long Live Pakistan.
Hope for a new dawn of democracy. equality and rule of law.
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486

dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough

I think Mr. Fawad is right. My suggestion is that all of CSP and aspirants should put this matter in front of supreme court and all of the CSPs should sign the petition especially those from Punjab because every year tens of the candidates fail to fall in any group from the big province. If we are able to get those seats back then it would be a great achievement for everyone generally and Punjabi brothers specifically.
I would appreciate if we take some step now instead of crying over the matter and i can assure you my support.

Khush Rahye magar haq k lye karye

Wasalam
Dr.S.M.ALi
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ali.zaidi For This Useful Post:
lionking (Monday, January 04, 2010)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

aoa ur concerns are absolutly rght i apriciat them as well as offer my support.ready for any favours in this mater.i specialy request fawad g who raised the issue to get to work on his suggestion now n don t sit idle sulking.regards