Wednesday, April 24, 2024
07:53 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

@Ayesha thank u i agree w/ u.Regards
ayesha_riaz (Wednesday, February 10, 2010)

ayesha_riaz is on a distinguished road
thankx 4 your favour kawish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
@the supporters of new LG bill
pls help me understand how this new bill is going to be anything hopeful.

@all respected members:
NOTE:im a neutral ,pls dont take me as the opposer r supporter f any bill.rather im making u to help me farming my opinion far or againt this new bill.
Regards
I think Mr Obaid should perform this task, as he seems to have good command over the topic...
Never to be born, neither stay, nor be away torn?
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1512

obaid_gondal is on a distinguished road
Arrow @ KAWISH and MOON CHILD

Quote:

@the supporters of new LG bill
pls help me understand how this new bill is going to be anything hopeful.

@all respected members:
NOTE:im a neutral ,pls dont take me as the opposer r supporter f any bill.rather im making u to help me farming my opinion far or againt this new bill.
Regards
your question needs a long answer that I can't post at the moment

any way if you ask me to answer it in one word, i would say that new system is far better than the older one because it provides a better administrative set up...
HOW ?
1) LGO 2001, had almost destroyed the administration of district. The powers and responsibilities given to various officers were undefined. There was no pivot at tehsil level and devolved institutions were working independently without any check. So there was a dire need to make a new system. AND the new system is addressing this issue by ending up with TEHSIL NAZIM & reviving ASSISTANT COMMISSIONERS.

2) devolution of institution is a good step, but has to follow certain limits too. LGO 2001 had made a district almost independent state and thus was against the provincial authority. Provincial authority is some thing necessary because, a province can afford to hire experts to form a policy, but a district can't. New system is addressing this issue too. Some institutions are completely devolved, like Primary Education, Basic health, extensions of Agriculture etc.

3) The process of the election of District NAZIM was very poor and vulnerable. Any feudal or Industrialist, no matter how unpopular he was, could be a district Nazim by spending a bit of money. That is why PPP couldn't win in LARKANA even... ..SO there was a need to make the system democratic so that it should move in line with public will. NEW SYSTEM IS ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE TOO BY INTRODUCING DIRECT AND PARTY BASED ELECTIONS.

4) Police and DMG must have coordination for better management of district. LGO 2001 had made police totally independent and DMG was deprived of its powers to play any role in enforcing law and order. That is why very sad and painful incidents (like in GOJRA) happened. NEW SYSTEM IS ADDRESSING THIS TOO.

I'll jot down rest of the points in my next post.....
ayesha_riaz (Wednesday, February 10, 2010), philosopher (Wednesday, February 10, 2010)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

@obaid
thnk u so much.i ll be more grateful if u provide some link or recomment some source where all the blessings n burdens f this new bill are available.....
regards Hush Raho
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaid_gondal View Post
I think you didn't comprehend the post brother...It was about the new law (yet not approved but is almost complete) that would define the role of Nazims, DCO's and DPO's after these 6 months.

CM and his cabinet would keep the check and they are thorough civilians...

In all well governed countries, police is never given a free ride. It is kept under a check. Last regime tried to give Nazims the power to keep the check . But it failed Because a political figure can't be neutral..He has friends and foes And he has to support them in any case. So Nazims used the power to suppress their opponents, victimization and supporting their corrupt friends.
So DMG is the only option.

Power has never been at the door step of commoners, earlier it was in the hands of aristocrat, elite families of each district,,,, now it would not be with them...

I HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED THAT NAZIMS 'LL HANDLE ALL THE DEVELOPMENT STUFF....But their administrative powers would be seized.Because they are never competent enough to handle administrative tasks.

2ndly GOVERNMENT IS NOT REVIVING THE OLD SYSTEM OF 1979, RATHER IT IS TOTALLY NEW SYSTEM, WHICH DO HV SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF 1979 LAW.
Firstly, dear i think i was not responding to your post. I was responding to what Ms. Ayesha was saying. In other words i was commenting on her suggestions.

Secondly, i am surprised to know that CM and his cabinet will have checks and balances on the local govt. In my humble opinion,system of checks and balances should be within district govt.

Thirdly, You have said that in many other countries police is not given free ride.
Well, dear not only police has been given a free ride but they are also equipped with the magistracy powers in many of countries (though these powers are restricted to law and order)

Andd everywhere in the world civil servants are accountable to the elected members of people. You cannot subjugate one before another after they have been recruited on the same merit and criteria.
In other words giving control of police to DMG will destroy the whole local govt system.

Quote:
yes brother, there is a hell of difference between a CM and Nazim... You need a bit of money to be Nazim but being CM requires much more charisma, acumen and political participation. So CM is never as ordinary as Nazim is..

Secondly CM has a number of experts to guide him in his decisions. That fills all the deficiencies of abilities. We can't even imagine to provide that much experts in a district.
Unfortunately, Karachi city nazim is much more efficient,politically wise and charismatic than our CMs...lolzzz

Infact you are persuming the musharaf's local govt system as actual one (which constitution ensures). In that system, nazims were given chance because of their political affliation so that PMLN and PPP should be kept out and in many cases they were not given chance to work efficiently. You can not consider it the failure of system. It was because the system was not implemented in letter and spirit. If local govt system is implemented in its true spirit, problems can be solved.
Moreover, elections on the party basis is step in the right direction. IN this case parties will not be oblivious from the efficiency of nazims.

And onething more i dont think political leaders will afford scrapping local govt system altogether....

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Merged

@waseem gurmani
aoa from ur post it seems tht u r uncomfortable abt the new bill...
properly that should have been the approach f everyone.not getting sceptical abt everything but be a little careful in accepting changes.

i think if they had added some provisions as to the check over new administrators,that could have been something to get excited.the change has aroused nothing but apathy.gvt could have done it in much better way,if annulment f previous law was at all intended.
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
yes brother, there is a hell of difference between a CM and Nazim... You need a bit of money to be Nazim but being CM requires much more charisma, acumen and political participation. So CM is never as ordinary as Nazim is..

Secondly CM has a number of experts to guide him in his decisions. That fills all the deficiencies of abilities. We can't even imagine to provide that much experts in a district..
Agreed to ur point that to be a Nazim u need a bit but fr a CM u need loads of money. Thtss all my dear.
Charisma........ Pervaiz Ilahi was a charismatic leader so he was CM nd 2 follow up that Zardari is our president.
Political participation........... if thts the criteria, may be Shahbaz sharif would nt be eligible in next 5 yrs too. There are numerous people in PML(N) tht have much more political participation then Mr Shahbaz

You cant even think of providing a Nazim a team of experts. Well thts what u shd be doing from day one. What makes u 2 nt think of tht.I really wonder a expert sitting at provincial level can knw the ground line situations nd problems in a district. A team of experts inevery field shd be dere to help Nazim. If u question the availability then my answer them temme i can make u alist of hundreds of professionals who r sitting idle just coz of sky rocketing employment rate of us. If u question abt the financial terms associated with tht team i guess government machinery ruins millions of rupees over ghost devolopment nd service sectors., so y nt used them fr something productive

Quote:
Now as for as being politicized is concerned, CM would at the most favour his own district not every one in the province... (And they do favour that much, no doubt), so most of the province would be managed in a better way.
A CM will do favor to his own district?? Well i would have been pleased had they been doing tht coz it ll gimme da hope tht one day he ll be thinking of the whole province as his own. Be it the CM or whosoever they never are touchy about their district nd their people. They just work fr the interest of a particular lobby without the support of which they cant be what they are. Mr Shahbaz has done much fr lahore nt coz he belongs to the city but coz tht elite lobby mostly belongs to the provincial capital.

Quote:
Civil servants are not posted in their own districts, so they can't have a social circle equivalent to Nazim(impossible). So they are not forced or pushed by culprits as Nazims or other political men are pushed.
Well thnx really fr me informing tht CSPz r nt posted in their own district. I was enlightened by thie piece of info. I guess i made it clear tht if u r talking in the common sense, yes social circle of a Nazim is lot bigger but when u talk of the pressure group or lobby tht is the same fr both. Believe me if u r a poor common man, it doesn't matter that u r a 1st czn of any Nazim or his next door neighbor. U r just nothing to him 2 even listen to u let alone being manipulated by you. Actually tht pressure group or lobby has to protect his vested interests nd they ll force any person(be it the Nazim or a DMG person) to ensure their stakes. I am nt questioning how many CSPz u personally knw but i somehow have somekind of interaction with little above a dozen nd i knw dere social circle.

Anyhow i dont wanna start a personal debate wid u. It may be tht we two have our own different perceptions of things. As no one is authority over her. So u can keep ur while i stick 2 mine.
It would be really kind of u if u can post the final version of LB amendment bill so tht we can talk over something real.

No offence meant
Regards

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
Old Thursday, February 11, 2010
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
@waseem gurmani
aoa from ur post it seems tht u r uncomfortable abt the new bill...
properly that should have been the approach f everyone.not getting sceptical abt everything but be a little careful in accepting changes.

i think if they had added some provisions as to the check over new administrators,that could have been something to get excited.the change has aroused nothing but apathy.gvt could have done it in much better way,if annulment f previous law was at all intended.
Offcourse i am uncomfortable with this system. Because it is against the spirit of constitution.
Article 32 ofconstitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan states:

The State shall encourage local Government institutions composed of elected representatives of the areas concerned and in such institutions special representation will be given to peasants, workers and women.

Is the state really encouraging such system???

Article 140-A of the constitution states:

Each Province shall, by law, establish a local government system and devolve political, administrative and financial responsibility and authority to the elected representatives of the local governments.

How can we favour such system which is against the constitution.

Moreover, the new system is also against the much trumpeted Charter of Democracy.

@waseem gurmani
so am i!
u are a very respectable member at this forum n im really moved by ur arguments...
im not totally against this bill nor the previous one coz both are not free f flaws.
but im still taking time to give my final judgement over this new bill.want to do after hearing others' views.lets keep our mind open to let the argument make its place.its only by being neutral that any judicious conclusion can be achieved.
Regards
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Waiting anxousily for the Final Judgement of the Kawish........