Thursday, March 28, 2024
04:20 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1512

obaid_gondal is on a distinguished road
Arrow civil servants or civil serpents ?????

civil servants or civil serpents ?????

CIVIL SERVANTS enjoy a lot of power in Pakistani political set up. Though their constitutional duty is just to implement the policies made by public representatives, but the inability of Pakistani politicians have given them the power to make policies as well. In case of district government, civil servants enjoy a hegemony. They were given this power to serve the people. Had they done so ????

Don't you think that most of the civil servants turn to be civil serpents by indulging in corruption and manipulation of their powers ???? Don't you think that they develop an imperialistic attitude after joining the district governments.

If so, is there any use of keeping them in power? Should we follow the Americans by ending up the British model of civil services ??????

HOUSE IS OPEN...... LET'S SHARE YOUR IDEAS,,,,,,

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Kindly avoid using red color
The Following User Says Thank You to obaid_gondal For This Useful Post:
zawar ahmad (Wednesday, February 17, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Well, after serving for 25 years in different Federal Gov. dep. i can assure you that it is only few civil servents who are enjoying powers due to their official position and acting as serpents.
Ninety five percent are doing their job as "servents" and are always ready to adopt another profession if given a chance. You can verify this by the fact that once an officer retires, he thanks God to come out of this tension and enjoys a free life. On the other hand, the serpent type never wants to be retired and try his level best to get extension. But one day he has to be retired and finds life misrable and becomes ill. Several examples are there.
"Dur kay dhol suhanay"
The Following User Says Thank You to Sociologist PU For This Useful Post:
tayyaba (Saturday, February 20, 2010)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 -

shazianawaz is on a distinguished road

@obaid
I agree wd Mr sociologist as i met a lady, during my medical test at fpsc centre,who z serving under federal govt. she seems exhausted and warned me nt to join civil services at all if i have some other job oppertunity.

I wana seek sincere suggestion of Mr pu regarding my job,I m presently working as a lecturer(18 grade) in a reknowned university of pak and i hv also cleared css 2009 written exam.......also hv enrolled in higher degree programme.wt do u suggest me?wt to opt?

regards
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Well, My sincere suggestion for u would be to continue with your present job as it is good profession with lot of oppurtunies in the future. Beside, it has no tension and atmosphire is relaxed with flexible timings. Plus, lot of holiday and vacations which you cant imagine in other depertments.
Anyhow, choice is yours. !

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Ninety five percent are doing their job as "servents" and are always ready to adopt another profession if given a chance. You can verify this by the fact that once an officer retires, he thanks God to come out of this tension and enjoys a free life.
"Dur kay dhol suhanay"
@ sociologist

Sir this iz the diffrence between civil servents and serpents.Duty of civil servents iz to serve the people and country,if a civil servent take his job 4 serving the people he would never be exausted or tensd such servert can rightly be called civil servents.but when a civil servent take his job just 4 earning money n nt to serve the people they become exausted of thier job because they can never be sincere with thier duty.
The Following User Says Thank You to nazlili21 For This Useful Post:
ayesha_riaz (Wednesday, February 17, 2010)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1512

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazlili21 View Post
@ sociologist

Sir this iz the diffrence between civil servents and serpents.Duty of civil servents iz to serve the people and country,if a civil servent take his job 4 serving the people he would never be exausted or tensd such servert can rightly be called civil servents.but when a civil servent take his job just 4 earning money n nt to serve the people they become exausted of thier job because they can never be sincere with thier duty.
I completely see eye to eye with nazlili21....
moreover @ SOCIOLOGIST
I think sir you are restricting the debate to secretariat. What about the districts. ??????? As for as my personal experience is concerned, 50 to 60 % of the civil servants, serving in districts are SERPENTS(both csp and psp). And i have yet to see any honest officer in District Accounts.

mangat1 has a spectacular aura aboutmangat1 has a spectacular aura about

Gondal sahib I think you've never been to MBD. I advise you to see the DCO and the DPO of MBD so that this misconception of yours shall be removed.
Aur ik nazr-e-karam idher bhi farma dein agr janab ke pass time ho to : http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...rants-mbd.html
Old Thursday, February 18, 2010

Default @ mangat 1

I don't want to start a personal debate here And in one district, there are dozens of civil servant... What about the Account officers, EDO's etc.
Moreover what is the use of personal goodness of a DCO, if he can't stop his subordinates from taking bribe.....I have yet to see a Registry MOHARAR, who does take the commission while registering your property.... If AC can't chain him, He(AC) must be considered to be SERPENT.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaid_gondal View Post
civil servants or civil serpents ?????

CIVIL SERVANTS
Don't you think that most of the civil servants turn to be civil serpents by indulging in corruption and manipulation of their powers ???? Don't you think that they develop an imperialistic attitude after joining the district governments.
If so, is there any use of keeping them in power? Should we follow the Americans by ending up the British model of civil services ??????
aoa in every feild of life n that too through out the world there are SERPANTS,then how many n how much u would suggest to scrap???

Corruption is a global dilemma,to deal w/ it there are various ways,one being u suggested the others include reforms through new laws in the existing system of management or whatever.it is naive' to think that any evil cn be extirpated exclusivly......

@Socialogist PU
first of all its great to know that we are having such an experianced n learned member w/ us here in this forum n in this discussion as u are,
sir i may not agree w/ u exclusivly regarding the ratio u cited of servants n serpants,but yes i do believe that there is a majority of honest CSPs out there or we won't be believing CSS exam the only transparent assessment held in Pakistan,w/o corruption(atleat comparatively)...
Regards

Actully, when you enter into Gov. service, there are 2 ways available to you. You can become part of the system or you can stick to your own ideas. Here the real test of person begins, becoming part of system is easy and smooth and u starting enjoy the perks and previlegs attached with it or in other words u are going to be a serpent unconciously in ur future.
On the other hand, if u are differnt, and want to stick to ur ideas that u have nartured all ur life , means u want to be honest and serve the nation, there are heavy odds in ur way and life becomes difficult. You can become outcast in the system and other will think u unfit for the job. You are slowly cornered and no important assignement is assigned to you.
The recent example of this is the Ex-DDO(R) Lahore Cantt. who tried at her level to correct the things but all the beneficeries of the system joined hands to remove her from the post. And she will not be considered for such field posting in future.
Anyway, there is a midway also availbale, which many of us adopt and try to satisfy our consciencs and continue to work as serpent or servent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sociologist PU For This Useful Post:
jadoon khan (Thursday, February 18, 2010)