Friday, April 19, 2024
10:03 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough
Exclamation agricultural tax

aoa the respected intelligentia of Pakitan pls help me broadening my view about

A- gvt's plan to tax agricultural income.pls tell me

a-if this tax would be levied against income from corporate farming as well???
b- if yes,then against whom,(foreign investers???) n on what(foreign investers' incom from farming???) it ll be levied?

B- what is current Inflation rate including Food inflation, Unemployment rate, Public n Private Savings, Foreign investment, Private/Domestic Investment

C- w/h is more better n Why: IPPs or RPPs

accept my gratitude in advance n prayers
Old Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

OK, i have the reply ready regarding Agri-tax;
As for as i know the imposing of this tax is now in doldrum, as finance minister has resigned today and he was the main propenent of this tax against the wishes of our ruling class who are all agriculturists, so relax.
Old Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
OK, i have the reply ready regarding Agri-tax;
As for as i know the imposing of this tax is now in doldrum, as finance minister has resigned today and he was the main propenent of this tax against the wishes of our ruling class who are all agriculturists, so relax.
thnk u sir that was really The news,a sad indeed.may we know what were the circumstances that accounted for his resign?taxing the gricultural income would have been a gret development!!!

waiting for the answer of other querries.
warm regards
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

plz see the official sites of GOP, WB, PIDE etc. for latest figures.

For inflation see the site of FBS (Data is released every Thursday for the past week)

CPI (cosumer price index)
SPI (sensitive price index)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sociologist PU For This Useful Post:
KAWISH (Wednesday, February 24, 2010)
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
aoa the respected intelligentia of Pakitan pls help me broadening my view about

A- gvt's plan to tax agricultural income.pls tell me

a-if this tax would be levied against income from corporate farming as well???
b- if yes,then against whom,(foreign investers???) n on what(foreign investers' incom from farming???) it ll be levied?

B- what is current Inflation rate including Food inflation, Unemployment rate, Public n Private Savings, Foreign investment, Private/Domestic Investment

C- w/h is more better n Why: IPPs or RPPs

accept my gratitude in advance n prayers
Here are few answers to your questions.

Foreign investment: 1.28bn dollars (last six months)

CPI inflation: 10.31%(average of last six months)

Unemployment: almost 15%

Food Inflation:

2005 12%
2006 7%
2008 50%

I think the food inflation for year 2009 was 82% (i dont remember exactly)

Compare yourself what is better IPPs or RPPs

1.IPPs cost Rs.1.77 per Kwh, while RPPs cost Rs.14.65 per kwh

2. RPPs will have extra burden on gas reserves and we will have to import oil, increasing oil import bill.

3.There will be upto 87% hike in the customer teriff in 2 years.

4. RPPs as a whole will cost upto 5bn dollars to the nation in next five years.

5. There are major inconsistencies in the deal as there are irregularities in the procurment and gaurantees by these power producers.

Remember because of shortage of our energy the losses to our industries amounted to Rs.200bn in year 2008.

For short term RPPs should be hired but for long term they will prove very costly.
KAWISH (Wednesday, February 24, 2010)

as per the facts provided by respected Mr. Waseem,RPPs seem extremly unwise deal.if there are some opposers to this view pls make it known(it would be more apprciable if opposition is supported by facts n solid reasoning)
thnx n pls send ur replies earlier,i ll be even more grateful for that.
warm regards
Old Friday, April 09, 2010

zash will become famous soon enough
Default Strongly opposed

I strongly oppose taxing the agriculture sector
farming community is always grind by everyone

only 4 % of credit is proceeded to agriculture sector that accounts for 23% of GDP resulting in farmers to be under the burden of loans at high markup on inputs like fertlizer, seed, pesticides

Shortage of water resulting in loss to farmers

in case water pumps/turbines are use for irrigation..........load shedding

In case desiel engines are used to pump underground water...rising prices
of diesel

In case credit is provided for inputs by agri banks...low quality of seed and adultrated fertilizer/pesticides

worlds poorest agri extention system to train farmers in latest technology

initially retailers/middlemen/munufactors loot the farmer in availing them the inputs i.e seed, oil, fertilizer, pesticides by earning profit on purchase, then by imposing high mark up on credit sale

then at the time of purchase low price of produce, and he is treated so inhumanly at the time of marketing........as is being experienced for wheat procuurent currently
At the time of marketing traders and mill/factories secure maximum profit

then should Govt. impose taxes........
Would it be justifiable to poor farmers
Would it encourage or discourage the main sector of pakistani economy
What should do....