Thursday, March 28, 2024
01:49 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, April 01, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of
Default Jinnah hospital Lahore incident and Role of media

Doctors of Jinnah hospital lhr beat Media persons..there is a hue&cry over this issue in print&electronic media..however,my opinion is different..media is showing one-sided picture of this matter..media persons themselves blackmail the doctors now...im telling u my experience,last week i went to Services hospital lhr,because i was suffering high fever,a patient was expired there,her son was so furious and he began to threaten doctors that he would call media persons...he called Geo office...situation become so horrible..i left the hospital..later on my friend who is a doctor in services hospital told me that patient died due to severe illness,there was no clinical negligence,but people are now used to involve media in any issue....media should represent both parties point of view,,..and it should act responsibly...Freedom of Media doesnot mean the irresponsibility of media persons,they should set some ethics now....please share your views about jinnah hospital incident...
amubin (Friday, April 02, 2010), Andrew Dufresne (Friday, April 02, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice
Default other side of jinnah hospital incident

a female patient with hodgkin lymphoma(cancer) in her terminal stage, both kidneys failed,requires dialysis. referred from sheikh zaid. when jhl doctors received the patient she was gasping. that means she was having her last breaths. doctor on duty started cpr to save her. by will of God the patient did not survive. relatives started fighting doctors. one of the relative was slapped by a doctor due to his voilent behaviour towards other doctors and disturbing emergency. the relative later brought media men. media persons were aggressively questioning doctors. doctors asked them not to shoot & shout there and told them what happened. but soon this conversation provoked doctor. he asked media men to go outside. from here fight started.media men beat doctors. then media person were asked to come to conference room. doctors from the hospital came to help their fellows. media persons again taunted. soon fight started again. this time doctors beat media people. now media raised the issue and more media members came and they were very voilent. now doctors going to hostels stopped media members to go to hostel and shoot around college parameters.this added fuel to the issue. hostel students and doctors joined their fellows and colleagues.it was at this stage controllable. when media gathered in large number ,they again attacked the doctors outside and inside emergency. and then all let loose. media members were really beaten up at last. then they potrayed to be innocent and as they have media to present and save themselves ,they blamed doctors for whole situation.
tell me now how can a doctor be negligent if he cannot save a patient at last stage of cancer,with renal/kidney failure and at her last terminal stage.Life and death is in the hands of Allah.
media just created huge hue and cry.
saher akhbar office, doctors do not go there. but on media you see that they are blaming doctors for the wreckage.
now if these situations keep on happening , how can doctors work?
media is getting out of control. doctors are united over this. previously media has insulted doctors on regular basis.
yes doctors have beaten them but if you see footages you see a fight not that doctors beating media members only.now if doctors take any action what will happen?
F.i.r has been filed against principle and 50 doctors
Andrew Dufresne (Friday, April 02, 2010), xavier (Friday, April 02, 2010)

Nek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the rough
Post Enemies of Human kind

they knowingly do that, they want to tarnish the doctors. Media and NGOs should not cross the limit. they should not misuse their power, yesterday i was going to my college and i saw a child aged 9-10 years, was laid on the road he was tortured by smbdy. no one was ready to take him to hospital. No NGOs No human rights, No media....???
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

something i want to tell
every hospital in lahore has hardly more than 6 ventilators in emergency, most of which are just functioning in satisfactory condition. lack of many supports and facilities in medical field limits doctors.
6-8 doctors in an emergency to look at 700-1000 patients daily, still after such hard work ,they manage patients and save lives.
how can you blame doctors?
yes i agree some doctor do neglect their duties but in which profession you don't have such people?such doctors are never given serious responsiblities because colleagues and seniors know them.
media is exaggerating.
media first tried to blackmail doctors before fight started in jhl. but doctors did not pay attention to them. now media is blackmailing by degrading doctors.
media needs to be restricted
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Well my point of view is mixed...

you know what...the role of the media is not to be impartial or cover both the sides....the supporters of such a theory should realize that this is practically impossible...they feed the people's minds...it depends upon the audience to create whatever point of views that they are comfortable with. the media is never unbiased, nowhere in the world....can't you see the difference between CNN and FOX News...

just all other fields/walks of life they are driven by interests and interest groups...

the media would report a thing and let the viewers decide what to make of it....for example....a painting may seem gloomy for one individual and bright and hopeful for another....the idea of presenting both the sides or giving both the ideas is i guess not realistic...it is the courts where both the sides should be heard and not on media....yes, media should be free in a sense to give a CHANCE to both the parties to utilize it and raise their concerns etc....that is the role of the media...the role of the media would not be to scrutinize the information and then pass it on based on morality or something likewise..!!!
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

media persons think that only they are right &others human beings are wrong..they blocked the roads last night and didnot telecast any news about it..common people suffered alot cz of their so-called Protest against doctors..if it happened that traffic was blocked due to President'visit,im for sure they would severly criticize him...print& electronic media destroy the image of politicans,teachers and now doctors...we should ask media men,for heaven'sake settle their "ETHICS"...GEO is a big blackmailer...

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

The mafias have gripped our society for the last few years and media is one of them.
You can find student mafia who receive "Bhatta" from transporters on road, you can find Traders mafia who on the name of traders associations establish encroachments in the markets, You can find Qabza Mafia who take the plots of other people by force, you can find Wakeel Mafia who slapped the judges and beat the policemen in courts. All this is due to the abscence of LAW in society.
Anybody, who wants to get rich early joins the poitical party in power and get protection for his illegal acts, the one who dont join the party becomes a journlist and put the plate PRESS on his bike or car to avoid challen and blackmail others. They have usually journlist ID card in their pocket which is available for Rs. 100.
It is all happening as the writ of law/gov. is not present in society and jungle law of might is right practiced. Remember the son of a Ranger officer abducted a policeman as he tried to enforce the law on him.
Our society need a strong leader who can enforce the writ of Law in society, but we have selected some lagar bagar as our rulers and the result is before us. So chill and hope for the best.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sociologist PU For This Useful Post:
Andrew Dufresne (Friday, April 02, 2010), brightstar (Saturday, April 03, 2010), wind (Saturday, April 03, 2010)

spaksarzameen will become famous soon enough

First and the foremost responsibilty of media is to safegaurd the intrests of state but here they are going in opposite direction.
Old Friday, April 02, 2010

Young Doctors Assoication Punjab The GENERAL COUNCIL YDAP had talks with government officials....it has been decided that all the indoor,outdoor and theatres of all punjab hospitals including the emergency of jinnah hospital would remain closed till further orders...we demand respect and this is not a request....

this statement is on facebook and sms to every doctor is sent.
now doctors are really angry.
one more thing to tell
when fight started between doctors and media, it was a media person who slapped a doctor from where it all started.fight was initiated by media person. and before that the relative of patients beat the doctor on duty and in response to this other doctor beat relative,then security of hospital took relatives out.

media can and has presented both points of view. so i disagree that media cannot.
media is doing some great job but to influence society too much is not good.
media needs to respect privacy of other person.
Andrew Dufresne (Friday, April 02, 2010), HELP (Friday, April 02, 2010), xavier (Friday, April 02, 2010)
Old Friday, April 02, 2010

HELP is on a distinguished road

Newly found independence and Media.

Well i agree with my fellow members that media is crossing its limits.I was with my elder brother who is a doctor in surgical unit 1 of Jinnah hospital whose dean is Prof.Abul Fazal.Would you believe that media personnel tried to enter the operation theater to cover a story.The media in our country is enjoying unbridled
freedom.But i blame the civilians squarely for this degraded position.

No journalist would dare to go to CMH to cover any story and behave like they normally do when they deal with civilians.
The decay of the writ of civilian institution is complete.

Army is the only institution which can save the country and teach all the miscreants including journalists a lesson.And by the way the culture of punjab is a vagabond culture.The journalists and doctors of Sindh,NWFP and Balochistan are comfortable with each other.

Also the malicious campaign of the most autocratic and despotic CM shahbaz Sharif(Taliban style of administration) has also added an impetus to the current drive to persecute doctors.Shahbaz has no agenda.i will paste another post on the violations of Shahbaz.He is destroying the institutional fabric of Punjab.

Regards,

Help
The Following User Says Thank You to HELP For This Useful Post:
brightstar (Saturday, April 03, 2010)