Thursday, April 25, 2024
04:42 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, April 08, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default Women rule in Islam ?

AoA,

In Islamic history perhaps there was no women ruler. Razia Sultana was the first Muslim ruler of the sub-continent but she was expelled after the reign of four years by nobles. Herein, I want to discuss that does Islam allow rule or government of women? Are they good rulers and administrators? Do they possess the qualities of diplomacy and statecraft?

Looking forward for your replies with arguments and facts and expect guys to remain impartial and stick to the topic so as to ascertain positive discussion.

Regards,

sassi sehar is on a distinguished road

i m not a student of islamic history bt wud like to get some facts related to the topic. also if some one discusses the role of women in muslim history like that of Hazrat Ayesha R.A and other women
thanks
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

its a sensitive topic,i dont want to comment..but like to add one thing i asked this question to my islamiat teacher,Sir Irtaza(Officers Academy lhr)and he told me that there was no restriction of women rule in Islam,however its not"pasndida amal"not becuase women are weak in intellectual grounds but because they are more emotional then menbut he also told that Jamait-ul-Alazhar university had declared once that women rule in Islam is Allowed...

nightmare2011 is on a distinguished road
Default women rule???

i m not a historian too, but what is very clear to us is that we have never seen a woman sent a provice, state or a country in life time of the holy prophet s.a.w. the prophet s.a.w. had to advise her wives and to other muslim women in one or another way. even women had the right of casting a vote but ther were not permitted to participate in the plebsite.
hence, one can easily fix the matter that Islam does not permit a woman to be a ruler of belivers. However, the prophet s.a.w. told that it is one of the signs of end of the world. It means that it is a nagative thing to practice.

make me right if i m wrong.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare2011 View Post
i m not a historian too, but what is very clear to us is that we have never seen a woman sent a provice, state or a country in life time of the holy prophet s.a.w. the prophet s.a.w. had to advise her wives and to other muslim women in one or another way. even women had the right of casting a vote but ther were not permitted to participate in the plebsite.
hence, one can easily fix the matter that Islam does not permit a woman to be a ruler of belivers. However, the prophet s.a.w. told that it is one of the signs of end of the world. It means that it is a nagative thing to practice.

make me right if i m wrong.
i told u its a sensitive topic,dont make any comment,before having some knowledge about the topic...its not a negative sign..i read about it compeltely,

Nek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha Khan View Post
its a sensitive topic,i dont want to comment..but like to add one thing i asked this question to my islamiat teacher,Sir Irtaza(Officers Academy lhr)and he told me that there was no restriction of women rule in Islam,however its not"pasndida amal"not becuase women are weak in intellectual grounds but because they are more emotional then menbut he also told that Jamait-ul-Alazhar university had declared once that women rule in Islam is Allowed...
Maha is right, its a sensitive topic i wud like to share some piece of information...

The study of women in Islam investigates the role status of women within the religion of Islam. The complex relationship between women and Islam is defined by both Islamic texts and the history and culture of the Muslim world.
Sharia (Islamic law) provides for differences between women's and men's roles, rights, and obligations. Majority Muslim countries give women varying degrees of rights with regards to marriage, divorce, civil rights, legal status, dress code, and education based on different interpretations. Scholars and other commentators vary as to whether they are just and whether they are a correct interpretation of religious imperatives. Conservatives argue that differences between men and women are due to different status and responsibilities assigned in the Koran, while liberal Muslims, Muslim feminists, and others argue in favor of other interpretations. A large number of women have achieved high political office in Muslim majority states.

Women and politics
The only hadith relating to female political leadership is Sahih al-Bukhari 5:59:709, in which Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) is recorded as saying that people with a female ruler will never be successful. (The al-Bukhari collection is generally regarded as authentic, though one Muslim feminist has questioned the reliability of the recorder of this particular hadith.) However, some classical Islamic scholars, such as al-Tabari, supported female leadership. In early Islamic history, women including Hazrat Aisha(r.a), Ume Warqa, and Samra Binte Wahaib took part in political activities. Other historical Muslim female leaders include Razia Sultana, who ruled the Sultanate of Delhi from 1236 to 1239, and Shajarat ad-Durr, who ruled Egypt from 1250 to 1257.
In the past several decades, many countries in which Muslims are a majority, including Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Turkey, have been led by women. Nearly one-third of the Parliament of Egypt also consists of women.

Citation; wikipedia
azeegum (Thursday, April 08, 2010), Maroof Hussain Chishty (Friday, April 09, 2010)
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha Khan View Post
i read about it compeltely,
Please come forward with your ideas. It will be appreciated warmly.

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about
Smile

That's a wonderful topic if taken in the sense of enlightenment and not in the sense of gender inequality or something. To the best of my knowledge and insight, the women and men have equal rights in Islam, but allowing a woman to hold the reins the power does not come in the category of women's rights. Instead this problem must be understood in the light of Islamic Sharia. I've read the Hadith quoted by Nek Muhammad in his post as well as heard it many times from many different renowned Islamic scholars. Let me add more to it according to my understanding of this problem.
Women and Men are equal but not identical.
Women and Men are not identical in the sense of physiology and psychology. That's the reason, both have their different roles to play in this world, which befit their nature and mind. Disallowing a woman not rule a state is very much a matter of Sharia, not of our personal opinions. Regardless of this fact, I'm sure that the women still rule. I can't forget the poem I read in my school days
"The hands that rock the cradle are the hands that rule the world".
You see, behind every successful man there's a woman. It's mother in my case...
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 29

saba sattar is on a distinguished road

Well this is a very sensitive topic to discuss.there will be thousands of

arguments in favour and in opposition to female rule.There is no end to this

debate n either party will remain firm on its stance.So there is no need to get

emotional .

Well i didnt find any practical examples that Islam disallows female rule.I

personlly think that this the matter is related more to the social circumstances and geography.

Example is of our society of sub continent.People of our region feel comfortable in female leadership.Razia sultana,Noor Jehan,Rani of Jhansi n scores of other local ranis are some of the prominent examples of the past.

Sub Continent is one of that region which has seen a large no of female leaders after the partition.This is not common,i will say it is rare to see a woman leader in Arab soceity.Even the so called enlightened nations of Europe n USA have not produced this much number of female leaders.(this should not b related to the women rights)

This is just all related to mind set.Allah had.has or will never destroy a nation
just because it has/hada female ruler.
Old Friday, April 09, 2010
Provincial Civil Service

Does Islam allow women to become head of State ?

http://www.youtube.com/v/6WZyEQRJgkk
Arbab.Danish (Friday, April 09, 2010)