Thursday, April 25, 2024
05:08 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, May 10, 2010
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Default problems faced by police in maintaining law and order.

AoA everyone.
i want to discuss here abt the problems faced by police department in maintaining law and order situation in Pakistan.and how can we strengthen this department.what really is going wrong wid this dept plz share ur ideas as i m doing research over this topic.
thank u.
Old Monday, May 10, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Police has no problem except that they are intoxicated with unlimited powers and enormous opportunities of embezzlement. Finish the police department ultimately crimes will be wiped out from the society. They lack the power of decision making and they should be under some authority to obey because they can't command. What else they need everything is provided to them. They failed and thus must be under bureaucracy on position before 1999 and it is the only solutions to solve all of their problems.
Old Monday, May 10, 2010

Nek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the rough
I agree with crown prince, police itself is problem for bad law and order situation this is because most of the police officers are corrupt, dishonest and ineligible, they obey criminals and corrupt politicians instead of their dep; this causes indiscipline in this department.
The only solution to this problem is that postings should be done on merit and govt should endorse sincere and honest police officers.
Old Monday, May 10, 2010
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Default hahahahhaaaa....

yes this is an important development that at least we all recognise that the police department is too weak to deal with the law and order situation in Pakistan.but plz explain that why do u people think that the police department is itself a problem.what drives u to adopt this approach?and do u think that this department can be reformed?
plz also keep in mind that the Pakistan has only tried to strengthen its external security and directed all the state resources towards that end.no govt has ever tried seriously to strengthen the internal security of pakistan that is possible only through strengthening the police. this department is overcapitalized and there r many problems faced by it that i wl be discussing later at length with u friends.but plz first u all prioritize those problems.
Old Monday, May 10, 2010

Nek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromQAU View Post
what drives u to adopt this approach?and do u think that this department can be reformed?
I think there are three main problems faced by police, which cause obstruction
in maintaining law and order
1-Political interference ( politicians support criminals whenever police arrest them)
2-Inexperienced police officers.
3- govt has always been heedless of this department.

In order to improve the condition of this department, political intervention should be prevented, veteran police officers should be appointed on merit and govt should pay especial attention to this dep, and solve their problems, like giving them reasonable salary, new vehicles and modern weapons.

Regards,

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Don't hot link images from other's sites.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nek Muhammad For This Useful Post:
fromQAU (Tuesday, May 11, 2010), Shooting Star (Tuesday, May 11, 2010)
Old Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Police department rely on old and stereotyped methods for investigation. There is dire need of modern forensic labs and scientific machinery. They even can’t trap the cell calls and for that they have to request to other authorities. Moreover, our internal security system is very complicated. There is a chain of security agencies and they also lack mutual coordination. Every agency wants an upper hand on other and similarly political influence make the situation worse.

Provision of transport, arms and raising salaries will not improve the performance of Police rather steps should be taken to boost the performance. They should be made accountable to some authority and their autocracy should be checked. Furthermore, police must be free from political influence as well as from other institutions. Force need much reforms, duty hours rules should be complied with and they life standards should be maintained accordingly.

It was expected after Police Empowerment and developments in that department that they will prove useful for internal security but failed yet to protect the rights and property of people. Men of principles in police department are denied good postings so it should be checked. Citizens should also cooperate with them because they don’t have supernatural powers to get awareness about unseen events.
fromQAU (Tuesday, May 11, 2010)
40th CTP (IRS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 313

Riaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura aboutRiaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura about
Default Salamona

A very nice and informative discussion held by you guys.I think no department is bad itself, until it is worsen by bad managers and human recourse,who can not stir organizations on the basis of orientation,vision,mission,objectives,supervision, evaluation and appraisal.But unfortunately, we see, no such terms are being followed here.All the same dishonesty,corruption,lashing,nepotism,lack of training and morality, no ethical standards,bribery and absence of human spirit are their noble ideals.We were having a slightly different police in post 9/11,when there were some good souls among the ranks.It was our hoax decision,which not only made lives complicated,but also demolished the institutions,because of strain and stress.Every dawn breaks with a new suicide attack,every hour makes a headway towards new deaths,every night observes burning smokes.Life is becoming more squeezed due to the presence of hidden terrorists,who are fighting an unconventional war against an apparent target.Being most apparent is police,which is saddled with the responsibility to protect the commons of all,which is the first hand security providers.Terrorist toil in search of easy encounters,and in shape of police they find their tasks achieved in more effective and efficient way. This quick retaliation is getting police man in complications and psychological disorders.They (police)are not that much trained and well equipped as their enemies are, which makes them feel psychologically ill.It hits their core of self esteem and demoralize them to unfathomable extent.This is further hardened by lack of appraisal and rewards being offered for their sacrifices.Their packages are not commensurate with their working hours and the risk associated to their duties.
Despite these above explicated facts,other factors can not be negated merely on the basis of seeming inconsistencies. Orthodox thana culture, rustic attitude, political intervention and lust for power are other factual extremes of police department.often they give breath to their inherited stress and strain in treating the common man as inferiors.Recent clips are valid relics of their fierce behavior.
Police Department may be restructured and revalidated by following suggestions:
1.upto date and task oriented training
2.infusing best of discerned norms and values into them
3.Making them responsible for their deeds
4.Making them apprised of the fact,that they are not above the law.
5.Increasing their packages and other fringe benefits.
6.Marshalling a new reward and regard policy.
7.Castigating those who violate the disciplinary commands.
8.Constructing a pressure and evaluational group above them in order to get them responsible before.
9.Providing them with modern equipments and other necessary tools.
10.imparting them islamic rules so that they could hold on golden rules.
11.Creating a check and balance system for their appraisal
The Following User Says Thank You to Riaz Ahmed Alizai For This Useful Post:
fromQAU (Tuesday, May 11, 2010)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Prince View Post
Police has no problem except that they are intoxicated with unlimited powers and enormous opportunities of embezzlement. Finish the police department ultimately crimes will be wiped out from the society. They lack the power of decision making and they should be under some authority to obey because they can't command. What else they need everything is provided to them. They failed and thus must be under bureaucracy on position before 1999 and it is the only solutions to solve all of their problems.
aoa
regarding your comments on the issue under discussion, well your suggestion are novel but there is a problem with what you have suggested that who is going to keep a check on bureaucracy?or can we consider that this department is without a blemish?
regards

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Stay focused on the topic
Provincial Civil Service

@ KAWISH

ratio of corruption is less in bureaucracy than police.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

hafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nice
Default csp (psp)officers and rulr of police

unfortunately we critisized police without looking groung realities

1-police department derived by csp officer's(the ratio of those person who come throw low ranks is very less, mostly retired in dsp post )
2- csp officer's look only their protocol and monthly
(i have worked as a traffic warden in city division lahore sector kotowali(shahalmi) on that time cto abdul jabbar (psp) colleted 80 lac per month by us only in shahalmi market
3- police direct involve in crimes, most criminal belong to police department,they are servent of police or relative of low rank policemen
( once when i was doing my duty in shahi qila on independence day, sudenly a whiteman crying and the people gathered around. i reached that place and asked situation, there was a youngman who belong to norway, i asked the matter he reply in simple english
in my pocket there is 7000 us dollars but now when i look my pocket nothing is present , he was so worried , i could feel his problem
suddenly sho of yakki gate come and ask me what happened i told him whole story, he tell me say him that he reported fir (first investigation report)
but i think this was not the solution of this problem,
now i request to affected man plz call your ambassy and tell then whole situation he called at the spot to his ambassy at that time sho said me stop him to call but i ignore
suddenly sho receive a call of his officer(cto)
in next 15 mint the norwengian had received his dollar's
he was very happy i also so happy but the sho angry with me
this is true story which show the coreect situation about pak police
4- most wanted people looked private guard of police officer's
5- csp(psp) officer's are looked to increase their relation with politicians journalists and other authentic people

at last i can say
pakistan will progress only that time when civil establishment(bureacracy csp officers) think about pakistan

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hafiz ishtiaq ahmad For This Useful Post:
fromQAU (Tuesday, May 11, 2010), Shooting Star (Tuesday, May 11, 2010)