Friday, March 29, 2024
03:52 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, May 17, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice
Default Hamid Mir explains his position on taped conversation with a TTP terrorist

Here is an unedited version of Hamid Mir’s email:

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your support. Today publisher of Daily Times and Governor Punjab Salman Taseer created a new record in the history of yellow journalism by publishing a one sided tape drama scandle against me.I would like to remind my journalist colleagues that Salman Taseer published many dirty articles against me in the past when i was banned by Musharraf regime on tv.Today he published the transcript of a concocted tape with some comments on the front page of his newspaper.Yes he tried to kill many birds with one bullet.

This is a conspiracy against me.Khalid Khawaja was assassinated in the month of April and this tape surfaced in the middle of May just few days before some important political and leagal events.I am consulting with my lawyers and i will go into court against Salman Taseer for publishing a one sided concocted story against me.My hands are clear and i have no fear except Allah who have provided me a new opportunity to unmask some more realities in the court of law.

This fabricated tape is part of a bigger drama against journalist community.Some elements want to silence the voice of media on certain national issues by blackmailing journalists like me.These people are very unhappy on those journalists who are raising voice for missing people,who are opposing government stand NRO and who criticized the fake degree holder members of the parliament.Many journalists are disliked by the government and some parts of the establishment.These journalists may become a target one by one.Some government ministers warned me on May 13th that some elements are trying to use the family of Khalid Khawaja against me and journalists like Ansar Abbasi,Kamran Khan and Shahid Masood will also face some new cases.I am sure we will face these kind of fabricated cases with unity.Thanks again for showing solidarity with me.

Hamid Mir

Update: Second explanation by Hamid Mir

hamid mir

I have already said that this tape was fabricated.Now Taliban have also denied the tap.What is the use of our agencies.These Taliban call people,they send emails and our secret agencies cannot do anything except to launch dirty propoganda against innocent people.

Here is the statement with the email address of Taliban.

Subject: press release 16-05-2010 (on Behalf of ASIAN TIGERS)

This is a press release from Taliban Media Center commenting on the fake audio tape issued by some secret agency of pakistan. We are actively condumn the reliability of this tape since there was no conversatin like that in between us and Mr. Hamid Mir. Althoug we have talked with many different persons of media. It is very often and there is no doubt that they are not involved with us. This is seems to be a conspiracy to destroy the reputation of Mujahideen and the brave people of this country who want to bring truth in front while revealing the dark faces of this nation.

Suppose, this audion tape can be accepted as a true one than it is also demanded that the video tapes of Shery Rehman, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Salman Taseer should also be treated as the same degree. Since sexy pictures of Salman Taseer’s daughter and sons are on media so can any one tell the nation how a loose characterd person can be a governor of a province. What action should government agencies took? Why they are delaying?

Unfortunately the secret agenceis of Pakistan are directly opposing the nations benefits and try to sabotash the well repudiated personalities and institutions for the greater interst of their own. We also like to remind the fake movie, released to media for defacing the actual good will of Mujahideen in swat. That was prooved to be faked later but on its basis army did the brutal assault/operation of the whole area. Now people of this country must understand that Mujahideen are not their enemies. But the government, politicians and military beaurucrates are the real enemies of this nation.

Also it is demanded by us that all the relevant records of phone calls in between us and the major media representatives should also be released for public pursuation. ASIAN TIGERS had prooves for their satisfaction that’s why they kidnapped Khalid Khwaja. We contacted the ASIAN TIGERS on this matter and they denied any kind of connections with either Mr.Hamid Mir or any other person related to media. They also condumns the fake audio tape. Also they demanded the actual agenceies who bring this tape. If these agenceies have any kind of proof then they need to bring it in front. Who forced ASIAN TIGERS to kidnap Khalid Khwaja and Colonel Imam with Asad Qureshi. What was the role or Gen. Hameed Gul and Gen. Aslam Beg. Where you fit Ibrahim Parachi and Shah Abdul Aziz.

Either Gen. Hameed Gul and Gen. Aslam Beg are the actual Punjabi Taliban or this tape is the fake one. Ibrahim Parachi is also the CIA agent and Shah Abdul Aziz is a doule agent of Xe and ISI.

If Mr. Hamid Mir attracted or give instructions to ASIAN TIGERS in order to kidnap Khalid Khwaja then they must have conversations more than once. These tapes should also be published for media. Are we right in demanding this action? If Mr. Hamid Mir gave proof to ASIAN TIGERS then he also gave instructions to them for kidnapping Khalid Khwaja & company. We expect that very soon these tapes should also be available on internet and youtube. By the way what exactly the dates of this tape is. Secondly, who gave the authority to PTCL or any government agency to tape a phone prior to any court order. By doing this PTCL is also establishing it’s reputaion as an alley of terrorists (Govt. of Pakistan, ISI and Army). If this happened again then PTCL should ready to get the most suitable answer in proper manner. Although we know how PTCL was sold to these culprits and Khwaja was also involed in that deal. Do you want to raise the curtain?

PTCl should clear it’s position in order to bring the facts if this tape is true or fake. If they claim it is a true tape then they also give explanation why they tape these calls. If this is the fake one then they also took legal actions against that agency. If PTCL will not take any action then no problem, we are here and you have a very little time for confession. Take care.

Note: This statement is on behalf of ASIAN TIGERS (Source: Press Pakistan group)

source:http://criticalppp.org/lubp/archives/11092

Audiotape shows top editor spoke to Taliban about Khawaja
Islamabad, May 16, (PTI)

Leading Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir’s conversation with a Taliban representative may have played a role in the killing of Khalid Khawaja, a retired Air Force official who was abducted and murdered, a media report has suggested.

An audiotape of conversation recorded between Mir and a man purportedly linked to Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, shows the negative information provided by the former to the latter could have led to Khawaja’s killing, the Daily Times reported today.

In the audio Mir, one of Pakistan’s top TV anchors and Executive Editor of Geo News, can be heard talking about Khawaja’s background.

The conversation, made before Khawaja’s execution earlier this month, reveals Mir “linking Khawaka to CIA, an international network of Qadianis and an American named Mansur Ejaz”.

The tape was first posted by the ‘Let Us Build Pakistan’ blog, and picked up by other online publications.

“It is still unclear who made the tape, with online speculation suggesting that it could be the militants themselves, or even intelligence agencies who released the recording,” the paper said.

Towards the end of the conversation, the man says he will relay the information given by Mir to Hakeemullah Mehsud.

During the conversation, Mir also urges the man to “cross-examine Khawaja about his relationship with Mansur Ejaz, Qadianis and a CIA agent named William Casey,” the paper said.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...tor-spoke.html

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Monday, May 17, 2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Format
The Following User Says Thank You to DEADLYDOCTOR For This Useful Post:
xavier (Monday, May 17, 2010)
Old Monday, May 17, 2010

xavier is on a distinguished road

@Deadly Doctor
It means pTCL has to clear itself otherwise PTCL towers and offices could be destroyed through suicide bombings, but one thing i couldn't get if this video is fake then how government could impose sanctions on media(if Hamid mir has connections with Asian Tigers and Taliban) and one more thing why he outlined Salman Taseer only, because salman taseers doesn't have too much powers to get tapes from MI or ISI(because these agencies are used to tape the phone calls.
One more thing what my analysis is, Hamid Mir is supporter of not only Taliban but also Pakistan Army but his arguments are in very much favor of terrorists and he was great supporter of Sipaha-e-Sahaba at some time and he did many programs when India asked Pakistan to close all offices Jamuat-ul-Dawa and Sipaha-e-Sahaba.
Your opinion is required
Old Monday, May 17, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

It is quite strange thing happening.. most probably this could be a fabricated tape, but questions similar of xavier also arose in my mind...
Old Monday, May 17, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

Hamid Mir’s attempt to yet another twisted explanation in The News today:

Grand plot against media
Monday, May 17, 2010
By Hamid Mir

ISLAMABAD: Some elements in the federal government have hatched a grand conspiracy to malign and blackmail the Pakistani media and top of the list is the Jang Group of Newspapers and Geo TV. This grand conspiracy was noticed last Friday when a federal minister made allegations in the National Assembly and said that they have not paid huge amounts of sales tax. Most of the figures presented in the National Assembly were not correct.

The same afternoon, a top government minister told this scribe that “enough is enough” and now they can teach a lesson to Jang Group any time. He claimed that it was only President Asif Ali Zardari who never allowed any “action” against you people otherwise the action would have started long ago. The minister was angry with Ansar Abbasi and Dr Shahid Masood. He claimed that the government had collected a lot of material against these two. Another minister told this scribe the same evening that President Zardari had given a green signal to launch a campaign against some journalists of the Jang Group, including Shaheen Sehbai, Ansar Abbasi, Dr Shahid Masood, Kamran Khan, Hamid Mir and some others. He said that Dr Shahid might be implicated in some forgery case.

Another minister revealed that some people within the establishment suggested to the government to use the family of late Khalid Khawaja against Hamid Mir on the basis of a tape. A top official of the interior ministry rejected this idea and said that these types of concocted tapes cannot be proven in a court of law but the same night some pro-PPP websites launched a campaign against me. The next day, a section of the media belonging to a close friend of President Zardari published a one-sided story with baseless allegations. A newspaper and a TV channel tried to involve me in the murder of Khalid Khwaja.

I will take legal action against all those who started this campaign but one thing must be clear. It is a conspiracy not only against me. The ultimate goal is to silence the voice of Pakistani media on certain issues. Was it a coincidence that PPP Secretary Information Fauzia Wahab addressed a press conference on Saturday against Ansar Abbasi and the next day a full-fledged campaign was launched against me in a section of the media belonging to Governor Punjab?

Many observers have noticed the timing of the campaign against the media men. Khalid Khwaja was assassinated at least two weeks ago but no tape about his murder surfaced anywhere. Fauzia Wahab had exchanged hot words with Ansar Abbasi many times in different talk shows but she issued him a notice only when some important political and legal events are going to take place in coming few weeks. The main objective is very clear. The PPP leadership wants to give a message to the whole media that if they do not behave, then this government will treat them like Pervez Musharraf did.

For some time, the government has been taking many actions to financially damage the Geo-Jang Group because this Group has refused to toe the official line. Similar tactics were used by the previous regime of dictator Musharraf. The democratic government was supposed to tolerate press freedom but this could not happen.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=239716

Shocking revelations

Daily Times, 17 May 2010

An audiotape doing the rounds in the cyber world has taken the country by storm. One of the country’s top anchors and a prominent journalist, Hamid Mir, while talking to an alleged Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) member, made shocking comments about various things. A transcript of the conversation was published in this newspaper yesterday. The conversation took place a few days before Khalid Khawaja, a former ISI official, was killed last month by a militant group going by the name of the ‘Asian Tigers’. Some are speculating if Mir’s indiscretions played a role in Khawaja’s murder.

There should be a thorough investigation into the matter by the security agencies. It should first be ascertained whether it was actually Hamid Mir or an impersonator on the audiotape. If it is indeed a genuine transcript, Mir’s credentials should come under the scanner. Considering the fact that Mir is a very influential TV anchor, it comes as a surprise that he seems to be involved in murky areas where most journalists fear to tread. Being an investigative journalist does make one come in contact with militant groups so as to get exclusive scoops, but it does not give a journalist the right to incite violence and hatred. If these charges are proved against Mr Mir, he could attract the mischief of the Army Act and Pakistan Penal Code for aiding and abetting terrorists who have declared war on the state of Pakistan and against whom our forces are fighting and dying. These are serious charges and should be dealt with accordingly.

When asked by the unidentified man who Khawaja was working for, Mir opined that he was working for the CIA and not the ISI. He then went on to strengthen his allegation by citing incidents from the past and how close Khawaja was to former CIA chief William Casey and a character called Mansoor Ejaz. Mir alleges that Ejaz could have been an Israeli agent since he tried to persuade Benazir Bhutto to recognise Israel when she was in power. Mir is already on record as having written that Khawaja led a “highly complex underworld life, as a mediator, sometimes on behalf of the Americans, a power-broker, a mover and shaker”. In the audiotape, Mir discloses that Khawaja wanted him to arrange a meeting with Kashmiri mujahideen leader Syed Salahuddin, but he did not because of Khawaja’s links with the Indian government. Mir also implicates Khawaja in the Laal Masjid case and hints that the reason Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi opted for death was to wipe out the humiliation of his brother fleeing the mosque wearing a burqa. Mir talks about his friendship with PML-N member Javed Ibrahim Paracha, who is alleged to have spread sectarian terrorism in Kohat and has links to al Qaeda and other terrorist outfits.

Apart from Mir’s conspiracy theories about Khawaja being an agent of the CIA, India and Israel, the most horrifying aspect was to hear Mir spewing venom against the Ahmedis in the audiotape. He alleged that Khawaja was a “Qadiyani agent” and said, “I personally believe that Qadiyanis are worse than the kuffar (infidels)”. The Ahmedis are already a persecuted community in Pakistan and such views by a prominent journalist would put them in further danger. There is already a lot of intolerance because of the extremist mindset that prevails in our society. When such a prominent television commentator and anchor makes such comments, his journalistic ethics must be questioned. These days many anchors and journalists are challenging the credibility of the government, but one must now interrogate their own credibility. It is hoped that the media group Hamid Mir works for would, in its wisdom, distance itself from Mir. Not only has Mir acted in a criminal manner, he has violated all professional ethics as well. Mir must be taken to task so that the people of Pakistan are not misled by his ilk in the future.

source:http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...7-5-2010_pg3_1
Old Monday, May 17, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADLYDOCTOR View Post
and said, “I personally believe that Qadiyanis are worse than the kuffar (infidels)”. The Ahmedis are already a persecuted community in Pakistan and such views by a prominent journalist would put them in further danger. There is already a lot of intolerance because of the extremist mindset that prevails in our society. When such a prominent television commentator and anchor makes such comments, his journalistic ethics must be questioned.

source:http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...7-5-2010_pg3_1
If love with the Holy Prophet Peace Be Upon Him is extremism then proud to be an extremist. Is there any doubt yet that they are not worse than infidels? Every tom, dick and harry beat the drum for their own benefit in such issues.
Old Monday, May 17, 2010

hafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nice
Default hamid point of view

hamid mir is a brave journalist his point of view about audio is attached
Attached Thumbnails
an audio about hamid mir--new perspective of khalid khwaja's murder-hamid.gif  
Old Monday, May 17, 2010

@ hafiz sb

isn't this a urdu version of above post(post no. 11) ???
Old Monday, May 17, 2010

niazikhan2 has a spectacular aura aboutniazikhan2 has a spectacular aura about

hamid mir is atrue patriot....a brave journalist...
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thanked 1,807 Times in 836 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of
Default Hamid Meer claims damning tape doctored

ISLAMABAD: The ripples caused by the emergence of an audio tape on the web last week of an alleged telephone conversation between a prominent Pakistani journalist and a Pakistani Taliban militant has blown into a full-fledged controversy, with the journalist and television anchor now completely denying his involvement and many others calling for a high-level investigation to establish truth.

Hamid Mir, who finds himself in the midst of a raging debate on the issue of journalistic ethics, has moved a step further from describing the taped conversation as doctored or concocted to completely denying that it was his voice. And for all this he is blaming the country’s top civilian intelligence service, the Intelligence Bureau Directorate which, according to him, was part of a larger game to malign him and a few others.

Shocking as it is, the telephone conversation revolves round the alleged dubious role of an Islamic hardliner and former ISI operative Khalid Khwaja, and that too when he was still in the captivity of a little known militant group Asian Tigers. The man posing himself to be Hamid Mir is heard accusing Khalid Khwaja of being a notorious double agent, who had been working for everyone from the American CIA to Qadianis, and having played a dirty role in the Lal Masjid episode.

The large number of websites where this audio tape is currently available describe it as a candid conversation on telephone between Hamid Mir and a Punjabi Taliban. Some have gone to the extent of accusing Mr Mir to be one of the instigators for what happened to Khalid Khwaja, as within days of this supposed conversation a video of Mr Khwaja was released in which he had made similar “confessions” of his involvement in the Lal Masjid saga, and of working for CIA. Within days of this video tape, Mr Khwaja was shot dead and his body was thrown on a road in North Waziristan.

However, Hamid Mir says he neither has anything to do with such a conversation, nor he can even think of getting involved in such an affair. He has also denied the content of a statement, purported to have been issued by the Taliban, who denied this telephone conversation but at the same time blamed the telephone company PTCL for illegally recording telephones of its subscribers.

In fact, talking to Dawn in his office on Tuesday Hamid Mir claimed that the entire tape recording and its uploading on the website was the work of IB and that too at the behest of President Zardari and the government to malign him as, according to him, he has been a bitter critic of President Zardari and others in his programmes.

Mr Mir claimed that the IB had used a special gadget through which they could change the voices. “They took my voice sample and changed it to look my voice through the special gadget,” he said. He warned that more such tapes involving some other journalists and politicians would surface in near future.

Mr Mir further claimed that he had been informed about this purported tape before time by Interior Minister Rehman Malik. “The interior minister took me to his Parliament House chamber on Thursday and told me that an audio tape had been prepared to implicate me in some terrorism-related issue,” he said, adding the minister also told him that his life was in danger. “The minister even advised me to keep some guards with me,” he said.

Mr Mir claimed that the audio tape was first released on a blog being run by some people belonging to the ruling PPP.

In the tape, Mr Mir is purportedly heard asking an unknown Taliban member to interrogate Khalid Khwaja over his links with the CIA and his role in the Lal Masjid siege. The journalist also narrates some incidents to prove that Khalid Khwaja was a CIA agent. In the conversation, Mr Mir tells the unknown person that Khalid Khwaja had arranged his meeting with an alleged CIA man Mansoor Ijaz in Islamabad. Similarly, Mr Mir has also narrated an incident as to how on the request of Khalid Khwaja he arranged a meeting of the widow of an alleged Al Qaeda man, Abdul Rehman ‘al-Kennedy’, with her son in the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Rawalpindi, and that later it was revealed that the woman was a Canadian national and also a CIA agent.

When asked about the contents of the controversial tape, Mr Mir said that in the recent past he had talked about Khalid Khwaja in detail on telephone only with an office-bearer of the PPP. He, however, denied that he had had any meeting with Mansoor Ijaz in Pakistan. He, however, confirmed the other part of the tape and admitted that he had “arranged a meeting of a woman with her son at the CMH on the request of Khalid Khwaja.” But, he said, later he came to know that one of the sons of the woman living in the US was working for the CIA and not that woman as claimed in the audio tape.

Mr Mir said he had met Mansoor Ijaz only once in New York in 1995 where he had gone as part of the delegation of the then prime minister Benazir Bhutto. “Mansoor Ijaz had come to see Ms Bhutto, but instead he met Asif Zardari,” he said.

When contacted, president of the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) Pervez Shaukat refused to comment on the issue, saying they would come out with some statement in the next few days after holding consultations with other office-bearers.

Legal Notice

Meanwhile, Hamid Mir has served a legal notice on Publisher of Daily Times Salman Taseer who also happens to be the Governor of Punjab, Editor Rashid Rehman and Staff Reporter and Chief Executive Officer Business Plus Mian Ehsanul Haq demanding to pay general damages of Rs250 million as a compensation for allegedly damaging his reputation, along with a written apology within 14 days that should also be published in the newspaper in a similar manner and prominence as the alleged defamatory report was published.

“Our client vehemently denies the conversation made in the alleged communication as fabricated and concocted one,” the legal notice served by Advocate Assad Ullah Jaral on behalf of Hamid Mir said for publishing, what he claimed to be a libellous report titled: “Hamid Mir’s terrifying indiscretions,” along with transcript of alleged communication in the newspaper on May 10, 2010.

Besides on May 17, 2010, a private channel Business Plus also aired the same ‘negative propaganda’ against Mr Mir, the notice said, adding the act of defamation in the television programme and news bulletin was deliberate.
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Khalid Khawaj’s Son Osama Points Finger At Hamid Mir

Lahore, May 19 (ANI): Noted Pakistan television journalist Hamid Mir has sent legal notices to the Daily Times and Business Plus television channel for running a report claiming that he had a telephonic interaction with a Taliban spokesman which actually led to the killing of kidnapped former Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) official Khalid Khwaja.

Mir, Executive Editor of the Geo News, has termed the story being published and aired on the newspaper and the television channel respectively, as ‘defamatory’, which was ‘based on malafide intentions’.

In his notice, Mir has demanded an official apology from both the media houses within 14 days and also payment of 250 million rupees as compensation for damages done to his reputation failing which legal action would be initiated.

“The points of interest mentioned at the end of column were also aimed to cause hatred and dislike for Mr Mir in specific sections of the society. Further, the publication of editorial titled Shocking revelations in Daily Times on 17 May 2010, which wrongly propagated Mr Mir’s indiscretion in Khalid Khawaja’s murder…” Mir’s notice to The Daily Times states.

“The said column and transcript was published in the Daily Times in breach of professional conduct and without verifying the accuracy and authenticity of the source of information,” it added.

Both Mir and the Taliban have denied having any conversation with each other concerning kidnapped ISI officials.

Earlier, Mir had said that the leaked audiotape was an attempt to malign his image by his ‘enemies in the government.’

“I never said these things to these people. This is a concocted tape. They took my voice, sampled it and manufactured this conspiracy against me,” Mir had said.

On the other hand, Khwaja’s son Osama Khalid has claimed that one of the voices in the tape was certainly that of Usman, a Taliban militant with whom his family had several talks for his father’s release.

Speaking during a television programme, Osama said the Asian Tigers, the group which had claimed to kidnapped Khwaja along with his former colleague Colonel Imam and a British filmmaker, was actually a group working for the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).

“Because no Muslim can do it (murder another Muslim),” Osama said.

“This audiotape is enough proof to show Hamid Mir’s role in my father’s murder,” he added.

Osama also claimed that Mir had hatched a conspiracy to murder his father and received a hefty sum for it from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). (ANI)

source :http://www.pakistankakhudahafiz.com/...ly-blames-him/

Hamid Mir serves defamation notice on Taseer
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
By our correspondent

ISLAMABAD: Renowned journalist Hamid Mir has served a Rs250 million notice to Musharraf-appointed Governor Punjab Salmaan Taseer, who also belongs to the ruling PPP, his newspaper’s editor and a staff reporter, for defaming him through a news item and baseless TV programme. Assad Ullah Jaral advocate, lawyer of Hamid Mir, served the notice to Salmaan Taseer, publisher of the newspaper and owner of the TV channel, Rashid Rehman, Editor, a staff reporter of the newspaper and Mian Ehsanul Haq, chief executive of the TV channel. The notice reads:

a- You have published a libelous report titled “Hamid Mir’s terrifying indiscretions” along with transcript of alleged communication in the newspaper “Daily Times” on May 16, 2010, falsely attributed to Mr Hamid Mir and an unidentified man. Our client vehemently denies the conversation made in the alleged communication as fabricated and concocted one.

b- The said column and transcript was published in “Daily Times” in breach of professional conduct, and without verifying the accuracy and authenticity of the source of information. The staff reporter also transgressed and wrongfully associated Mr Hamid Mir with terrorist groups at his whim based upon unverified information from an anonymous source. The points of interest mentioned at the end of the column also aimed to cause hatred and dislike for Mr Hamid Mir in specific sections of the society.

c- Further publication of the editorial titled “shocking revelations” in “Daily Times” on May 17, 2010, which wrongfully propagated Hamid Mir’s indiscretion in Khalid Khwaja’s murder, incitement of violence and hatred by him, allegation of aiding and abetting with terrorists, speaking of venom against Ahmadis by him, and accused him of acting in criminal manner with a suggestion to take him to the task. The editorial was a detachment from journalistic ethics and was clearly written with mala fide intent to ridicule Mr Mir’s impression and lower him in the estimation of others as enemy of the state.

d- Besides, a television programme was aired on channel Business Plus on May 17, 2010, which aired the same negative propaganda against Mr Hamid Mir. It is pertinent to mention that your act of defamation in television programme and news bulletins was deliberate as you have complete knowledge regarding unconfirmed source and unauthenticated information.

e- You have, therefore, published false statement about our client Mr Hmaid Mir with the intent to injure his reputation and lower him in the estimation of general public and fellow professionals. By doing so, you have committed wrongful act of defamation, “libel” in case of “Daily Times” and “slander” in case of “Business Plus”, against our client.

f- Under the circumstances, you are hereby called upon to tender a written apology within fourteen (14) days of receiving this notice to our client Mr Hamid Mir and also publish the same in the similar manner and with the same prominence as the defamatory statement were made in the newspaper “Daily Times” and channel “Business Plus”. You are also advised to pay general damages of Rs 250 million to Mr Hamid Mir for compensating him for the wrong done, failing which legal action will be initiated against you before the court of competent jurisdiction at your cost.

now few questions arises;
if this audio tape proved real then is hamid mir going to be arrested for links with TTP or other talibans, murder of khalid khawaja and to help anti-state elements ?
lets see how media fights this.

authenticity of the audio tape has been proved. this news has been on business plus.
it is also said that ISI proves it authentic.
now hamid mir has to face the music.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: posts merged