CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Musharraf-led League starts ‘political journey’ (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/34696-musharraf-led-league-starts-political-journey.html)

niazikhan2 Wednesday, June 09, 2010 07:46 AM

Musharraf-led League starts ‘political journey’

By Imtiaz Ali

KARACHI: The All Pakistan Muslim League, led by former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf, has started its ‘political journey’ from Karachi to target, what its representatives call, the politics of dynasty in order to empower the masses.

“During our two-day stay in the city, we observed unprecedented sentiments for Gen Musharraf, which showed that he was more popular than we expected,” said Musharraf’s spokesman Maj-Gen (retd) Rashid Qureshi while addressing a press conference at the Karachi Press Club on Tuesday. “We got an encouraging reception in Sindh,” he said. Rashid Qureshi claimed that Musharraf was also popular among expatriate Pakistanis. He said whenever Pervez Musharraf returns to the country he would lead the party. He said the former president would decide himself the date of his arrival in Pakistan, but hoped that he would return soon.

Speaking next, Barrister Mohammed Ali Saif said that they had started a mass contact campaign in Karachi and other districts of Sindh, which would be followed in the Punjab, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.

He announced the setting up of regional councils for Karachi and other districts of Sindh to mobilise the people. He said that they would subsequently call a meeting of all regional councils, adding: “We are approaching the people with a new message i.e. “Pakistan First” and think beyond parochial interests.” He said during this campaign they would raise voice against the family (dynasty) politics and in support of empowering the people.

About the allegations being leveled against Musharraf regarding the Lal Masjid episode, assassination of Nawab Akbar Bugti and former premier Benazir Bhutto, Barrister Saif said these were ìmere allegationsî and Musharraf would respond to them at appropriate forums and appropriate time.

He said Musharraf would defend himself in a ìpolitical wayî before the masses. He, however, avoided a direct reply to a question as to what extent the fate of the All Pakistan Muslim League would be different from the party formed by former Army chief General (retd) Aslam Beg.

He also parried a question as to whether the new Muslim League would support the Army’s intervention in politics. Saif opined that being a lawyer he believed that the Armyís interference in politics would be an extra-constitutional step. But, he added, the intervention of the Army in certain circumstances was a ìpolitical questionî.

He said the government spent Rs 600 million on the United Nations inquiry into the assassination of Benazir Bhutto but its results were not desirable. It was evident from the fact that the government had made the UN report a part of the FIR lodged in Rawalpindi in 2007, he added. He said there could be political motives behind leveling allegations about the Benazirís assassination but the ground realities might be different. He declared that they would respond to the allegations leveled against Musharraf with documentary proofs.

Barrister Saif said the All Pakistan Muslim League has started its political journey at a testing time, claiming that labours, students, women, minorities and different political personalities, had demonstrated solidarity with them during their stay in Karachi.

Invincible Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:55 PM

[B]Being the citizen of pakistan, every one has right to contest election or form a political party. Its not a debatable topic.

regards.[/B]

DEADLYDOCTOR Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:08 AM

i cordially welcome janab musharaf sb.
ek dafa ao te sai(please come at least on time)
support is much for musharaf and he will give tough time.
"me darta nahi ho,commando ki training li hui he,sadar be reh chuka ho"
so now we have another show to enjoy

sana_krn Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:30 AM

hmmm we welcome him but will he face charges against him????? is he ready to face FIR for lal masjid???? ya iltaf bhai ki trah uk sey he kam chaley ga

Sociologist PU Thursday, June 10, 2010 08:13 AM

Lagta hai deal main ya be shamil tha kay that he will return after 2 years. :clap
Lets see how he moves on road without the security of Pak army.

Invincible Thursday, June 10, 2010 02:16 PM

[B]Musharraf wont dare to come pakistan as long as CJ is in power[/B].

sillent.killer Thursday, June 10, 2010 05:45 PM

no he will come he already announce many time , and i hope he will come and he will participate in next elections\

hinanazar Thursday, June 10, 2010 07:21 PM

Our country need musharf because he has the mind to chang the thing.The circumstances during his period were not so hard although resources were as it is now a days.But he was aware of the fact that what he had and how he could manage.And it is true that his managment was superb now the managment is shattered thats why everything is clashing in our country.The authority is in many hands,so these hands are approaching to poor men's throat.We will welcow Musharif if he came back.

Sociologist PU Thursday, June 10, 2010 07:30 PM

@hinanazar
Yes, it has proved time and again in pakistan that era of dictators is far better then the democrat govts like we are having one now. It will be a first example of its kind if he returns and take part in politics.

sana_krn Thursday, June 10, 2010 08:01 PM

u know wat v ppl r use to f having lessor evil....yea mushraf wz lessor evil..
once i wz travelling in public transport n there ppl were hvnig dicussion on mushrf era n present era one of man narrated a story that wz very intresting would like to share
there wz king wo wz very cruel use to beat n abuse ordinary ppl deal them with cruelity in short nobody like him everyone wz fedup of him. wen he wz on death bed he made his will to his sons that i want wen i die every one praise me n after my death if ppl recal me they should say i was kind n humbel king
now he died after his death his son wz king wat he did to act upon his fathers will he start treating ppl even with more cruelity that ppl start saying ah old king wz good atleast he sometime spares us but this king is that much cruel he even not spare our dead bodies:sleep:
so this is exaactly the situation which we are facing

08:42 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.