Thursday, March 28, 2024
09:06 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, July 03, 2010

sassi sehar is on a distinguished road

@ waqas
if wat u wrote means that i believe only women r harrassed and not men then u r wrong i only mentioned women coz unfortunately no of women victims of psychological, social, physical, intellectual, emotional and sexual harrassment is higher than men. otherwise of course men also face harrassment as well as small kids. anyone who is weak or appears to be weak is bound to face it. i wish and i fight for a harmonious existance.
@ Adnan
striving for equality is different from harrassment. if some other person believes in anything that u donot believe in, does it gives u a licence to harrass that person. no if some women r ambitious or do not conform to islamic code of conduct. no person has the right to harrass her for that. she is responsible for her conduct or her immediate family. u can talk in general abt deterioating islamic values bt not harrass that woman that would be unislamic.
@ all
women are as much harrrassed in homes as in outside world. wen a woman is forced to forgo her inheritance or take it against her will by brothers or husband wat is it other then harrassment - totally unislamic
sana_krn (Saturday, July 03, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

well, after reading the sassi"s post i am complled to write here that the followers of a particular sect of Islam are very harsh towards women who come out to take part in economic activities.
In some parts of the country, they blast girls school and throw acid on them. And in educated and libral areas like lhr/khi/ibd they dont throw acid but pass remarks that are more injurious then the acid. This particular sect never allow their female members to come out of the house and TV/Net is banned in their homes.
They are in minority but due to their attitude towards women Pakistan has become a laughing stock in the community of nations and working women feel harrased whenever they are are in office or in public transport.
I wish ppl. dont impose their beliefs on others and let others to live according to their own wishes.

sassi sehar is on a distinguished road

thanx sociologist thats wat i say. if these ppl base their argument on islam they must know the liberties islam grants to women. why shudn't we excercise our social, political, and economic rights granted by islam.

Adnan Manzoor is on a distinguished road
Question Problem

The problem with us we start debating with looking into solutions. I want to ank every female on this forum to provide some solutions sepretely for elimination of female harrasment 1. at home 2. at work place 3.out of house.

I shall be very thankful because I am curious to know what are actual solutions because i gave following and no female is going to agree with me.

1. Teaching childs to custom of abserving parda and respect females
2. Work in organisations where they do not have to work close to men
3. Seprate organisations for study and job for male and female
4. Giving females respect at home, giving them right to speak, provide solutions to house hold problem.
5. Males should lower their gaze
6. Strict compliance of laws governing and securing female rights
7. Females should be confident enough to file a sue against their abuse

Also plz provide reason with every solution.

sana_krn has a spectacular aura aboutsana_krn has a spectacular aura about

well adnan some of ur solutions r not parctically aplicabel as diffrent n seprate institutions but do agree with some
i believ i hv mention earlier parda is not solution for women harrsment most u will agree even if a girl is in veil guys start staring at her feet n will pass comment on her eye n most of all the girls in veil r called taxis if am not mistaken?
so this mindset n aproch should b change u can not isolate girls section or boys section.
ppl of even 50 60 yrs of age dunt spare the females i am shocked to see such things wen saw a budha baba staring at girl of 10 n passing comment on her y so? girls hv to go to school even they r in seprate schools they to pass by the common roads.
ppl hv to change their atitude towards female they should accept the role of femle in society n start giving her respect
Shali (Wednesday, August 11, 2010)

waqaskayani is on a distinguished road
Post islamic version(to sasi and oll)

I agree to som extent to adnan bhai, but one thing I would like to light here many of the misconception prevailing in the societies about what r the real fears of a women in ths society, recently I met a modern islamic scholar one thing which realy admired me whn I discussed this topic with him.
He said there r two clases of women ,class 1 women thoes hve geniune problems for there livings and class 2 women job pleasure seeking ones.Now there is u huge differnce between the two classes ,for class 1 there r certain defined and the most appropiate rules laid by islam,since islam only alows women to work out in dire need under the principles.Now to define the word dire here ,every one has his or her definition, but islam defines it for all of us ,"" if and only there r possibilties of strvation leading to sudeen death for sure"".In these circumstances women is allowed to work out.The dress code mentioned in isalm , how to deal with men around(communiction) all r presnt in our holy book quran so ther is no need to propose ur own wills and solutions.So how many of the percentage of the women follow the trademark of islam while they r at woke?The answer lies within the soul of a muslim woman?One more thing the earlier post of my frend mentiond about the harrasment in the houses,if I can reacall the past, women do exists at tht time too lolz,so why this issue is lit on fire, I can answer u this question accurately "'the westeran ideology of women freedom in seveteen centuray"'. I wont quote the name of the woman becoz she is an icon among many lost women.Her idea was to frastrate the women to be at home, and hats off it did worked well for her , he said for ur kind informations and to all the rest ths idea was strongly condemed by the west too at every platform, sine it was against the christainity(bible ) , the liberation path is led by the satan and the rest is all history. It took som long span but eventualy carried by the east too. The class 2 is not even mentiones any where , if somone has a revelant source frm ouran and hadaith plz plz do quote awating}.

Ths ws my discusion with the enlighted modern scholar
Still I would add tht ther r certain professions in which there is nessicity of females but agin the rule of thumb remains the same follow religion it has all the solution.Frankly speaking west has no religion thts why they need to think think and think agin .

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, July 03, 2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Kindly avoid using upper case unnecessarily