CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   CSS is a game of luck ? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/35755-css-game-luck.html)

Mao Zedong Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:14 AM

CSS is a game of luck ?

[B][U]Posted by RAZ[/U][/B]
MY Shocking DMC:

Essay:43

Composition:42

EDS:42 (They have given me marks of any other candidate, my marks should not be more than 40 in EDS)

C.Affairs:44

P.Affairs:36

Islamiat:63

Accountancy and Auditing-
Paper-I:63 (Unbelievable) My paper is still available with solutions. No question was wrong excpet two MCQs (I guess ya kisi B.Com holder ny paper check kia hy yar phr coding main paper exchange ho gay hy)
Paper-II:58 (Unbelievable)

Mercantile Law:72 (My exact expected score, I wrote down these marks on my question paper after my paper was over)

Sociology:71 (I was expecting 70)

Journalism: 36 Unbelievable(Ya Allah agar main ghalat nhi to is paper checker ko is zulum py esi saza dy ky usy phr esa moqa na mily zulum karny ka aur zindagi bhar rota rahy. More than 15 MCQs were correct in my paper how can he assign me 21 marks in remaining paper which was the best attempt?)

Sindhi:57 (lagta hy kisi angrez ny paper check kia hy Sindhi ka)

Totall in Written: 627

Viva Voce : 195

Grand Total: 822

Merit: Batany k Qabil nhi

"Jiyo to istarh ky log tum sy milny ko tarsy; Maro to istrah k log tumharee mot par royain"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It pains me to see the DMC of RAZ as I have already read his valuable posts/threads at this forum which are the certificate of his competency. I just want to know that if the CSS exam is a game of luck? If it is not so then it could be achieved by hard work which you already did, am I right ? What is the mystery behind this phenomenon that a simple graduate at the age of 22, after undergoing the whole process of selection, is being prepared at Civil Services Academy for future backbone of the nation and we have so many examples in front of us in which a person with bright academic career and having a higher degree like M.Phil, is unable to qualify the exam even after 3-attempts. Mr.RAZ as well as other members are requeted to please comment.

Adnan Manzoor Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:42 AM

I donot think so

What I have analysed in my life is when a student is very shining and he gets low score there are always reasons and logics to explain this phenomenon.

Few are these

1. Pressure of examination Hall
2. Lack of logical reasoning
3. Mis Interpretation of topic
4. Lack of Positive attitude while giving arguments
5. Answers not to the point

My dear fellow in css exam, they surely check our knowledge but they ask for our comments, they ask for solution of problamatic situation like how terriorism could be put to end; give solutions. Here comes the difference between two students having same knowledge because now both students have to use their thinking and reasoning. Both shall have different solutions and logics which results in difference in marks.

zahoor afridi Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:47 AM

in response

salam.Man, you have scored quite well. it happens in css.one never knows what would be the result.i also agree that luck also counts. but at the same time ,one has to work very hard and in a profeesional manner to prepare for competitive exam. one should not lose heart and fight till the end.atleast give it your best try once again and i am sure you will achieve the desired results.
with regards
zahoor baber afridi

Mao Zedong Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=zahoor afridi;197176]salam.Man, you have scored quite well. it happens in css.one never knows what would be the result.i also agree that luck also counts. but at the same time ,one has to work very hard and in a profeesional manner to prepare for competitive exam. one should not lose heart and fight till the end.atleast give it your best try once again and i am sure you will achieve the desired results.
with regards
zahoor baber afridi[/QUOTE]

Correction: This DMC is of RAAZ, one of senior member of this forum. (its not mine)

ali emraan Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:09 AM

i believe, css is like every other exam. but having tough criterian.
still u need
50%hardwork+25%talent+25%luck=success
in it.

umarabbas Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Mao Zedong;197164][B][U]Posted by RAZ[/U][/B]
MY Shocking DMC:

Essay:43

Composition:42

EDS:42 (They have given me marks of any other candidate, my marks should not be more than 40 in EDS)

C.Affairs:44

P.Affairs:36

Islamiat:63

Accountancy and Auditing-
Paper-I:63 (Unbelievable) My paper is still available with solutions. No question was wrong excpet two MCQs (I guess ya kisi B.Com holder ny paper check kia hy yar phr coding main paper exchange ho gay hy)
Paper-II:58 (Unbelievable)

Mercantile Law:72 (My exact expected score, I wrote down these marks on my question paper after my paper was over)

Sociology:71 (I was expecting 70)

Journalism: 36 Unbelievable(Ya Allah agar main ghalat nhi to is paper checker ko is zulum py esi saza dy ky usy phr esa moqa na mily zulum karny ka aur zindagi bhar rota rahy. More than 15 MCQs were correct in my paper how can he assign me 21 marks in remaining paper which was the best attempt?)

Sindhi:57 (lagta hy kisi angrez ny paper check kia hy Sindhi ka)

Totall in Written: 627

Viva Voce : 195

Grand Total: 822

Merit: Batany k Qabil nhi

"Jiyo to istarh ky log tum sy milny ko tarsy; Maro to istrah k log tumharee mot par royain"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It pains me to see the DMC of RAZ as I have already read his valuable posts/threads at this forum which are the certificate of his competency. I just want to know that if the CSS exam is a game of luck? If it is not so then it could be achieved by hard work which you already did, am I right ? What is the mystery behind this phenomenon that a simple graduate at the age of 22, after undergoing the whole process of selection, is being prepared at Civil Services Academy for future backbone of the nation and we have so many examples in front of us in which a person with bright academic career and having a higher degree like M.Phil, is unable to qualify the exam even after 3-attempts. Mr.RAZ as well as other members are requeted to please comment.[/QUOTE]

The answer to your post is in chunks or parts you can say:

1- It is Allah's will and whatever happens, happens for the best. we should all have faith in Allah's will. Temporarily we might feel down, or like killing ourselves, but in the long run i am sure you would be pleased that you never made it through the CSS.

2- Brother, to me competency is beyond the check of an exam or it cannot be judged by the pen of an examiner/Checker. an examination can never be a true test of what a person is capable of or what merit should he have. An exam is a mixture of luck plus preparation. Although luck is made by preparation as well but that is not the only constituent. Prayers by others, your own attitude towards life and fellow human beings, you preparation etc all affect your luck. So at the end of the day everything that you do in life does have a share of luck in it.

3- Plus to me, it does not matter what extent of your academic qualification is. for example your line of thesis would have held water only if the CSS exams were based upon knowledge alone. It demands expressive language, good vocabulary, a stylish way of starting and finishing answer etc etc. A 22 year old Bachelor's holder may have a better writing power and writing style than a baba G with a dual PHD in sociology :D

impressionist Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:21 AM

i don't think so

definitely luck play some role in success but you can not take away anything from hard work. like someone says "dictionary is the only place where success comes before work", so hard work always bring fruitful results. Raaz or anyone else can be intelligent but sometimes you not achieve what you want or hope far and RAAZ bhai " GHIRTY HAIN SHEH SAWAR HI MEDAN E JANG MAIN", don't worry Allah will help you.

umarabbas Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=ali emraan;197186]i believe, css is like every other exam. but having tough criterian.
still u need
50%hardwork+25%talent+25%luck=success
in it.[/QUOTE]

well to me anything in life is:

ATTITUDE X (Hardwork + Knowledge) = Success

If your Attitude is not right, Success will always be beyond grasp!

sillent.killer Wednesday, June 30, 2010 01:56 PM

it all depends on luck dont be emotional just think that there is chance to get it. i have seen many time css condidates remain in first exam . so best of luck with best hope.

fromQAU Wednesday, June 30, 2010 06:28 PM

99% hardwork.
1 % luck.

this is for sure.
u can succeed without luck like RAZ.
but u wl never be able to score or succeed without hardwork.

04:28 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.