Friday, April 26, 2024
03:48 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, November 02, 2006
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,681 Times in 873 Posts
AFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud of
Exclamation what u say???

salam
well its been many days that i havnt sat on my computer,but instead i hav'been watching lot of tv espacially pakistani.this is what i observed.
wow!!we have so many channels that i feel like that in few years we will cross the hundred mark.
its a good thing that our media is booming but do we actually need so much.!!!
are we competing with india?
i mean if they have 200 channels they have a billion or so people to watch them.we have 14 crore poeple and so many channels.
ok the people wanted exposure for regional languages ,so many channels r promoting their language and culture its a good thing.but wait till u watch actually the matter that is shown.i was stunned to see club culture and indian movie inspired songs on these regional channels,frankly speaking u cannot watch them with ur family.
there is no check on them.
ok people like us can demarcate b/w whats good and whats not,but what about innocent younger people.they accept what they see on media and their effects are clearly seen in our society.
our media is not responsible and this statement that media shows everything its for us to choose what to watch and what not to is totally absurd.
i ask one question that our media,fashion,life style,our attitudes,our standards,our approach towards others,would have never gone this far if it wasnot happening in india.?
even after independance we are not free.
try it yourself watch all pakistani channels for 10 days and tell me what you make of it.
i live in multan and one wheeling and motor bike stunts are really in here,young students at nights try out their stunts that can even be fatal.2 young students have already died.i was watching appeals made by police official on local cable channel to assist them stop one wheeling.but i was stunned to see on a top music channel that they were offering 50,000 to the man who will perform the best stunt.its on a dare show.
whats wrong with these people they are actually playing with the lives of people increasing their audience by endorsing such a deadly game.
what is happening ,have they gone nuts.look at the money they are offering this is just insane.
there has to be some check, we do want to make progress but at the expense of loosing whatever we have, definitely not.
this is not a pessimistic approach but to call a bad thing bad is the weakest part of our faith.
regards
<AFRMS>

Najabat is on a distinguished road

@afrms
Ur intent is very right sir!Its a fact that in some of the programs we forgot our social values just for some amount of revenue collected from such programs.But i am not agree with you where you said;
"Our media is not responsible and this statement that media shows everything its for us to choose what to watch and what not to is totally absurd.
I think its not totally absurd.Actually bulk of channels provide you a freedom what you wana see according to ur mood!not consider I m saying what ever mood!By mood i mean ur selection for watching a program!like i wana see sports,just click any sport channel like new Geo Sport,i wana watch current affairs just click geo news or Aryone,I wana learn Islamic Issues click for Q-TV.Nways these channels are launched from Dubai but affiliation is with Pakistan.Hmm as far as some programs are concerned they doesn't reflect our society but influences of other socities.So i think its ur choice.Well here i like to mention a gr8 channel for our Youth.Its Peace TV..Whenever i got time i just watch tv for Peace TV.
Best Regards,
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

@afrms

If we have to follow the order of world, we need to be like that in media. I think they r doing well and good but the thing they need is that they should not imitate others. They need to be theirself.

Dont follow others, let others follow you.

They can also make a difference but i think they r getting sick with this imitation job so they r failing to produce something original. May be that originality help them out to change the order of world in their own way.

Regards