Friday, March 29, 2024
08:29 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, August 08, 2010
40th CTP (IRS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 313

Riaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura aboutRiaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura about
Default Rich Balochistan,poor Baloch.

THE main reason for the trust deficit that exists between the Baloch people and the powerful establishment in Islamabad is that the richest region in terms of natural resources has the highest rate of poverty, which is a matter of grave concern.
It pains me to mention that the share of Balochistan from the Saindak project is hardly two per cent. It is really saddening for the neglec ted Baloch who are tired of tolerating the injustices of successive governments.

Balochistan has the largest reserves of copper and gold in the world. Unfortunately the people living in the area where gold and copper are found are struggling for a piece of bread. The province is blessed with 19 billion barrels of off-shore oil too, whose revenue can bolster the weak economy.

Moreover, the standard of education in the region is poor as most students don’t even know how to write a proper application. Cheating is allowed during board exams, which is the sign of creating a gloomy future for the youth of this nation. The infant mortality rate in Balochistan is 120 per thousand, which speaks of scarce attention of the government towards healthcare in the province.

The gas discovered in 1953 has travelled from Balochistan to Punjab, but Sui, which is a few kilometres away, is still deprived of its own gas. The government’s income from the gas is Rs90 billion per year, out of which Balochistan’s share is Rs8 billion. This makes the people opt for resistance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Riaz Ahmed Alizai For This Useful Post:
Almaas Ruby (Sunday, August 08, 2010), Maroof Hussain Chishty (Sunday, August 08, 2010), supersonic dexter (Sunday, August 15, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Monday, August 09, 2010)

Noor_2009 is a jewel in the roughNoor_2009 is a jewel in the roughNoor_2009 is a jewel in the rough
there is no textile , shoes , leather factory in Baluchistan. Even there is no CNG station there are only three CNG stations in Quetta and one in Hub and these are unable to cope with the demand.

For three CNG stations in the city, refuelling is a gigantic task; hundreds of cars, rickshaws and other vehicles are seen queued up outside CNG stations on Zarghoon Road, Airport Road and Sabzal Road from early in the morning till late night.

This situation is deepening the sense of deprivation among the local people. They are critical of the government’s gas policy for Balochistan.

people’s frustration is compounded when they see 1,500 CNG stations in Punjab, 1,200 in Sindh and 900 in the NWFP. that “We are also citizen of this country
Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, August 08, 2010), supersonic dexter (Sunday, August 15, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Monday, August 09, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Baluchistan should be given more then it deserve but what about the Sardari system that dont allow any development work in their area ? What about the killing of poor "ABADKARS" and pushing them out of the province ?
Anwar shah safi (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, August 08, 2010), samraa (Monday, August 09, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Monday, August 09, 2010)
Late (12-9-12)

Abdussamad Chaudhary is just really niceAbdussamad Chaudhary is just really niceAbdussamad Chaudhary is just really niceAbdussamad Chaudhary is just really nice

@ Alizai
Being a Punjabi, May I second the opinion of Sociologist as he is right?
Same was the situation of Southern Punjab, where I live, and still in remote areas there is same situation. But, development is there where people took stand against Feudals. You are aware of the Feudals of Southern Punjab.
Lack of development is mainly due to the politics of these feudals, believe me. Even in my area, we deprived from gas till last year and still here is no connections of gas, and I know it was just politics of Foreign Minister, who has a permanent seat here. During last elections, a candidate promised the people here to grant gas and results are before us that just two months later, the has pipeline was there. It is just politics of these classical leaders who know that whenever they 'll solve these problems, they 'll be out of the scene.
Blochistan needs the new leaders and political movement, which seems difficult in the presence of tribal system.
The change in federal government can also play the vital role to change the fate of Balochs, Insha Allah.
Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, August 08, 2010), Sociologist PU (Sunday, August 08, 2010), spaksarzameen (Monday, November 22, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Monday, August 09, 2010)

sana_krn has a spectacular aura aboutsana_krn has a spectacular aura about

i agree Baluchistan is richest in resource but ppl are poor but brother be realistic factories cngs wat u r mentioning in other provinces do u think are formed by govt? no they are owned by private sector faisalabad gujranwala lahore karachi all industrial cities n these cities how facotries are owned by govt? how many cng station are owned by govt? i can tell u abt my area before 71 it wz most backward area clean water wz a major problem but in 71 mostly ppl went out n go abroad to try their luck u know wat they earned n invested here all the development here is due to those who migrated to EU n earned n now its richest tehsil of pakistan y not baloch help themselves y they r waiting?n waiting for wat? if they can get latest weapons certainly they can get latest technology they money they r investing in weapons n killing of non balochs they can invest in schools technical institutes factories etc.
brother its very ez to point finger on other but reality is not always which is shown try to see the other side too.
for time being i accept balochs r so poor but tell me who sold all land of gawadar?
punjabi sindhi buyed poperty thier but tell me did they buy on gunpoint?
did punjabi went there in Baluchistan n stoped development work?
than why to create hatred why not talk abt solutions???????
Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, August 08, 2010), Sociologist PU (Sunday, August 08, 2010)
40th CTP (IRS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 313

Riaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura aboutRiaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura about
Default Wash AAthke

thanks to all participants who vehemently participated in this gloomy topic.One of my fellows has pointed out that there are acute dearth of CNG stations for a gigantic populace,yeah i believe in the fact,but CNG's can not guarantee economical boost until peace and regional stability is assured.Having one of the biggest mineral resources across the world and being deprived of daily sustenance has heightened the despondency among baloch,who is nursing his boiling passions in his bosom.Their recognition as an owner of the said resources have long been denied together with continuous mass eliminating strategies.Arbitrary kidnappings,political target killings,willful valid hitting of tribal icons are fueling the fire.
Daniel of their rights have made them stand in the teeth of prevailing policies. Administrative strategies are defeating their own cause by pushing the local populace towards a place of no return.Besides,political economy is on the verge of destruction.People are scared of any investment due to the uncertain political and economical prevalence.
I admit that tribal chiefs and sardars have cause irreparable damage to the spontaneous cause of common baloch by exploiting their inalienable natural rights.On the contrary,the worse situation has been heightened by the perpetual avoidance on the part of government in all walks of life.
An upshot solution is possible,if the government takes real stakeholders on board prior to initiating any developmental project.The existence and the social influence of the sardars can not be negated,for their being an integral part of baloch culture.They must be considered before Marshalling any plan as regards betterment of the region.Revenue should be doled out equally nay the Baluchistan be given little extra in order to make it more advanced.
Education,health, sanitation.policing and other pre-requisites of social and natural life are crying for a radical overhaul.
If the government is sincere in its cause of putting the people of Baluchistan on the right line, it should expose its implicit faith in people of Baluchistan.Time and again they are regarded as rebells and self seekers.Such treatment must be put an end so that confidence gap could be bridged.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Riaz Ahmed Alizai For This Useful Post:
Faiqa Anam (Monday, August 09, 2010), samraa (Monday, August 09, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Monday, August 09, 2010), Zirwaan Khan (Sunday, August 08, 2010)
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Riaz Ahmad Alizai !!

Politicians of the provinces are mostly Nawabs and Sardars hence they are sure to be elected in elections regardless of party affiliations. They are not interested in the development and prosperity of the province. You said a village near Sui has not facility of natural gas but a Minister of JUI provided natural gas to his constituency in Pakhtun belt of Balochistan by his personal efforts. It is not the matter, even an MPA can provide such facility to his constituency.

See the role of CM Balochistan; he is non serious person ever in the province. He did nothing for the well being of the masses. He belongs to PPP and in center PPP has government but he has no concern about the problems of common men. Here people want infrastructure, educational and health facilities but he is not serious yet to solve the problems of the people.

Provincial Assembly of Balochistan consists of 65 MPAs, 2 from opposition and 63 are from Govt. and all of them are Ministers. Govt. has been formed on ministerial basis not on ideological and on the basis of party manifesto. I can surely claim that if CMship of Balochsitan is entrusted to a visionary and talented person like Shahbaz Sharif then he will bring drastic changes in the provicnial and can change the fate of the masses. Current set up is corrupt and lack vision.
Anwar shah safi (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), Faiqa Anam (Monday, August 09, 2010), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, August 08, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Monday, August 09, 2010)
Old Monday, August 09, 2010

sumair shah is on a distinguished road

u people r right.. but one thing i mention here..lets suppose sardari nizaam exists here and they wont let the govt make developments here..but lots of other things can b yet done over here most important .... lots of talented ppl MBAz MSCz MAz etc but still wandering in the search of jobs is this a justice..? cant government take some serious positive actions in this regard... Balochistan occupying area of 347190 Sqkm of pakistan yet the least developed, receiving least quota and even in this minor quota other settleres are occupying there seats and this is a real truth..... wat u comment in this regard...? do u have any answer???
40th CTP (IRS)

Default Salamona

if the government can manage nuke tests without consulting provincial government,why then isnt it possible to build educational institutes,hospitals,communicational channels and install factories ?
my dear fellows,sardari system is not a barrier being confronted by our federal government,but it is the shifty policy of the later which does not want to cater to the needs of balochistan.

sumair shah is on a distinguished road

Gas is being extracted out from Balochistan still we are deprived of using it properly..... clearly a taste of favouritism can be sensed from this act...resources are being taken income is being taken away to federation and a very nominal around some 1% or so is being given back to Balochistan as an alms...y??