CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Image of Pakistan (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/39869-image-pakistan.html)

Tipu Shah Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:58 AM

Image of Pakistan

Salam to All...
and Congradulation to all CE 10 qualifiers.

Purpose of starting this topic is to tell the people about the image of Pakistan in other countries. First of all i want to add that I also appeared in CSS 08, 09 but didnt qualify.
Now working in Sharjah.....as everbody know that U.A.E is a multiculture country (states). I use to meet there many people. One major thing i noted that image of Pakistan is really very bad in the mind of people who are from other countries.......
If I meet 10 people a day, they said.. Where are you from? my answer...Pakistan......some of them stop conversation at the same time and those who continue....their wording is ....[B]How you are able to servive... how u can get this good job even you are a Pakistani... Why there (Pak)
is so much violence in Pakistan..... Pakistan is going to Finish....Is there More Taliban in Pakistan than Afghanistan?.... Are you purchase bullets from your tribal area in wieght?.... [/B]

I am feeling that there is now alarming situation about the image of Pakistan in the world....
This message is special for the FSP group please put your possible efforts to make the good image for Pakistan...

I know all things mention above is reality base.... but I think some realities are good to hide rather than to publish all over the world... There are so many harsh realities in India and other countries but very few of us know about it... this is only becuase they are keeping these harsh realities within the boundries of the country...
So, this is the time to stand-up and give the message to the world.. that we are not a terriorist or terriorist producing country....

Fnoor Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:25 AM

Dear Shah,
Its really good to know that you are in Sharjah...I am also working in Sharjah but my ancestral in Lahore. (Pak). I am preparing for CSS exam. With regards to other national queries when they meet to us...!

[QUOTE]How you are able to servive... how u can get this good job even you are a Pakistani... Why there (Pak)
is so much violence in Pakistan..... Pakistan is going to Finish....Is there More Taliban in Pakistan than Afghanistan?.... Are you purchase bullets from your tribal area in wieght?.... [/QUOTE]

As you said that FSP should put more efforts to make Pakistan's image better. I do agree that foreign policies are very important in reperesenting the country. what about us? Being paksiatni we are also reperesantatives of our country we also have resposibility to contibute in this....as we are working with different nationalities & we know their mind approach better than anyone else....What we do here leg pulling for other pakistanis, ever you see other nationalities to doing like this specially Indians. All the time we are back biting and complaining..Whenever you switch on TV, Paksiatni channels making fun of our politicians (Prime Minister, President, Oppositions) by launching cartoons of each character, ever you watched on other countires channels...I agree that media is highlighting the facts but to making the fun of our own country this is ridiculious....Its long long debate...anyway we all have to focus how can we manipulate the people thinkings that we are not bad people, we are not terrorist we enocurage peace & we respect for everyone.

Pakistan is the country who was founded on the name of peace and being pakistani we follow the same.

Please dont take it personal...this is what I feels...:bow

aphrodite Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:42 AM

It is the patriotic responsibility of every Pakistani, not just FSP personnel to represent Pakistan positively. If you live abroad, Tipu, you are a walking, talking image of Pakistan. If you want a positive image for your country wherever you reside, you need to ensure YOU market YOURSELF well first:
1. Be honest in your dealings in all regards. Pakistani men are infamous Casanovas when it comes to wooing western women into marriage just to get foreign immigration, only to divorce them later with impunity. They are generally bad tenants on property, destroying the owner's clean habitat over time.
2. Try to 'excel' in whatever career you have undertaken, that will show them how hardworking and committed you are. We have come to be known as a lethargic nation as of late.
3. Try to fuse well with the new environment rather than seeing it from a distant vision. The problem with most Pakistanis specially living in western countries is that they want to enjoy the privileges that come with residency of such countries yet have an aloof approach when it comes to their social setup. They wont see us as normal human beings if we dont gel well. This of course doesnt mean abandoning our own values for western ones. But marketing means just that- covering up the less pretty parts and decorating it with ribbons and flowers.
Nobody will believe your message even if you shout out loud when somebody asks you about Pakistan's terrorist streak, you dont always have to be grim about it. Instead you may JOKE about it lightly (terrorists generally DONT joke about their job descriptions after all) and leave a small food for thought for the other person like,
"Strategically speaking last year there were 80 terrorism-related incidents in Pakistan. If we ascribe 10 persons per incident (which is on a higher side), we can conclude that some 800 people were directly related to terrorist activities. Now isnt that too much to say that out of a population of 17 million, only 800-1000 people were lured into this?"
OR
"80% of these terrorists are below the age of 18 and some 50% are below the age of 15. They are considered children, although the hands behind them may be much older and rogued, the USA and UK also has ample examples of minors committing irresponsible acts. The juvenile prison population there is proof of that"
Basically reply after giving it a thought. Get these figures and facts straight for yourself.

I cant stress enough, that our Indian counterparts abroad have done all the above quite well, despite being in my view, less talented.

Tipu Shah Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:57 PM

@ fnoor
@ aphrodite

My dear.... thanks for your useful replies

my dear first of all i want to clear one thing that i pointed out the FSP due the reason because they are and will make the foreign policies... they'll meet the diplomates.. they'll meet the high profiles of every country...but... on the other hand we are not direct access to these high profiles in any country......
My desire is to change the image of Pakistan so that pakistani get the chance to gloom.... i think you can understand me.... my main purpose is to give our voices to the High Profiles in any Country...

on the Other Hand... me and hope so you all are doing well to deliver the message of Peacfull Pakistan to others....

If I pointed out the FSP it does not mean that we have no responsibility.. my dear we have the responsibility and at-least me fullfiling this responsibility......

But the need of time is something more than indiviual responsibility... It is time for a collective effort... it is time for a authentic effort.....

Just tell me how many people from Pakistan you see in High Ranks in Govt. Sector in U.A.E. Surely not more than 10 %... If you use to go any Hospital, any Ministry, any Govt. office you'll find an Indian sitting there as the Head of the Deptt or at least working in that deptt.

So, what do you so that these types of problems can be solved indivisually,, i think not... it need some thing more than indivisuallity.....

Hope so nobody can take it personal....

Fnoor Saturday, October 16, 2010 01:15 PM

[QUOTE]Just tell me how many people from Pakistan you see in High Ranks in Govt. Sector in U.A.E. Surely not more than 10 %... If you use to go any Hospital, any Ministry, any Govt. office you'll find an Indian sitting there as the Head of the Deptt or at least working in that deptt.

So, what do you so that these types of problems can be solved indivisually,, i think not... it need some thing more than indivisuallity.....[/QUOTE]

u r right, not much Pakistanis are on top positions....but there is also one reason behind this & that is Education....! Whats says.....!

First deserve than desire....!

ahmad1000pk Saturday, October 16, 2010 01:21 PM

hi i am working in Dubai As HR Manager. Going to appear for 2011 CSS Examination.

Fnoor you are correct due to our poor education system & poor communication skills.

Sumren Shah Saturday, October 16, 2010 01:59 PM

Asslam o alaikum
I m agree with Mr Tipu
its the time to work togather on making the batter image of pakistan
its really more than individual.
but its also true that
"lil granes of water make an unfathomable sea"
so our individual effoert in our own place also matter much

Tipu Shah Saturday, October 16, 2010 02:07 PM

@Fnoor

My dear it is right that First Deserve than Desire.....
so tell me honestly are these indians are deserving for these posts.??????????

or may i change your quote in following....

FIRST SHOW YOU ARE DESRVE THAN GET WHAT YOU DESIRED.........

So the time is that to show the people that we deserve for anything and we can handle any type of big challenge........

ok.....THIS IS THE TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT WE DESRVE......
OK
[B]jub tk bacha na roey to ussay too maa bhe dooodh nahi daitee...[/B]

@Sumren Shah
Thanks for seconding me.....

yes, this is true that we can't ignore the importance of indvisuality....and we all are perfoming our duties in a very good way ........at least me....

mariashamshad Saturday, October 16, 2010 02:42 PM

our problem of image

Pakistan like many Afro-Asian countries such as Iran, Afghanistan and Somalia etc has an image problem for one reason or the other. While thinking about the causes of our hard image, one can enumerate a number of reasons. On the top is sectarianism and fanaticism which has become scourge of our society, Then is the law and order situation. The frequency of murders, thefts and other such crimes as reported by media is high. However, all this does not suggest that things are out of control. There are good people and good things to report. The Government is alive to the situation. It must be admitted that human societies have their limitations. Complete freedom, full justice and absolute equality are only ideals. Total justice is not humanly possible. Absolute equality is not achievable. Yet man’s experience indicates that solution lies in maximum justice and widespread education. It is by adopting this method that we can create soft image of Pakistan. Man, as created by God and as per his nature, will remain on the right track only if a mental discipline is created by education and if there is fear of law, justice and punishment. If the society is, by and large, governed by justice and fair play, it will enjoy soft image. An empty stomach is the worst advisor and lack of basic needs or non-fulfillment of essential requirements for living will certainly converts a society into group of individuals. It is only through justice and education that we can convert individuals into good citizens.
If our prevailing systems, social, economic, political and administrative ones, function reasonably, efficiently and effectively no harm can come to Pakistan and we will be able to promote soft image of the country. If one gets justice and feels secure, no amount of instigation or temptation is likely to persuade one to resort to criminal activities. Each citizen must have confidence in the system of justice. All negative forces such as terrorism, sectarianism, fanaticism, violence and injustice must be curbed through justice and education. Without justice we cannot imagine a peaceful society and without widespread education, we cannot think of a civilized society. In the absence of justice and with ignorance and illiteracy, we cannot dream of a soft image of the country. Basant and Valentine’s Day celebrations will not help. Both are religiously not justified as well and are un-Islamic in their nature and content, and are against the Qur’anic injunctions. We direly need culture of tolerance in Pakistan but anything against true spirit of Islam has to be discouraged. However, we must continuously and forcefully spread the message of Islam, which is that of peace, tolerance and enlightenment. Islam enjoins upon us to be kind to all and tolerate way of life of others. It was the soft image of Islam, which helped in spreading Islam in the world. For Pakistan our founder M. A. Jinnah pleaded for peace within and peace without. The role of media in building a positive Pakistani Brand is pivotal. A major undertaking of this organization should be to approach the media for support in terms of creating balance and context in the news, ensuring that stories about ordinary Pakistanis doing extraordinary things are profiled. This is the most important part of the campaign as the real stories that emanate from Pakistan should be told with a simple honesty that builds credibility. The media must be asked to help build a better, positive Pakistan and to use the power it wields carefully in this regard. The media should also be asked to encourage people to reflect on what they can be proud of as country and as people. The organization must develop themes in this regard and encourage the media to use them.
This image building exercise cannot be undertaken overnight. It has to be a sustained projection over a prolonged period. The organization created to do so should be given the resources and the time to conceive, execute, coordinate and monitor this gigantic undertaking.

Tipu Shah Saturday, October 16, 2010 03:28 PM

@mariashamshad

thanks for giving such a good and energatic advices plus realities etc etc etc..

One thing we should have to keep in our mind that without media support we can't achieve our goals of Peaceful Pakistan..... but i dont know that why our media is doing nothing in this cause.....our media despite of doing anything good, start negative progagenda against Pakistan.....
They show the Breaking News of Market Crash... Breaking News of Attack... Breaking News of Target Killing.... Breaking News of any social negativeness.... in such a way that once everybody think to leave the Pakistan as soon as possible.....
Must show these realities but should be taken as opportunity......

04:38 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.