Friday, March 29, 2024
02:53 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, November 22, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 12715

game on will become famous soon enoughgame on will become famous soon enough
Default "does css means imprisoning onself"

Beginners are generaly told that css means confining onself to a study room and breaking down of social network.before embarking on for css prep, i too had this perception but perception turned out to be worse than reality.

what do you think?how one can strike study-life balance.
Gulrukh (Thursday, November 25, 2010)
Old Thursday, November 25, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by game on View Post
Beginners are generaly told that css means confining onself to a study room and breaking down of social network.before embarking on for css prep, i too had this perception but perception turned out to be worse than reality.

it's not true, not only css but all other exams dont require solitary confinement. good planning n approach can assure success n avoid wastage of time not the social activities etc.

Fnoor is on a distinguished road

This is general perception especially when it comes to CSS, when I intended to take a plunge in this competition I got same views from people that I have to imprison myself in one room & to study & study no social life and blah blah blah....! Initially I hesitated because under the light of above it seems that we are going to make an atom bomb.
Finally I convinced myself to go for it & then I realized that the above views has no roots with reality this is just misperception.On top of all CSS based on knowledge of current affairs (national & international ). So how can we assume that we have nothing to do with daily life. Where other studies we have to prepare according to books or the prechosen criteria, in CSS its different we have to relate ourselves with books as well with ongoing & upcoming happening in the world.
In short Css has no comparison. And this concept of solitary - confinement is baseless. Yes the only thing we have to focus more on studies which doesnt mean that there is no personal life.
This is all I want to say rest is on you all how you take this.
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about

To all my brothers I want to tell you people that you can be a CSP by just 4 month preparation. Just try to make techniques of passing papers. Otherwise you can't pass even with the preparation of 2 years.So those who find these techniques make things simple for them and things begin to simplify in front of them. Those who fail to find techniques say that its veryyy hard to pass the examination.i say its easy to do CSS.
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mussaa For This Useful Post:
Eager (Friday, November 26, 2010), game on (Monday, November 29, 2010), imran bakht (Thursday, November 25, 2010), sumia (Saturday, November 27, 2010)

aariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really nice

wrongly said. Its all about time management.

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
Angry parents.......you.

Quote:

no matter what others say.maybe some people are too intelligent and they might be as they say jack of all trades.

but i think game on is right.to some it is nothing short of solitary confinement.
you are in one room.especially when there are so many people out there to interfere in your affairs.they want you to study day and night as if you are a machine.ye na karo wo na karo.paper sar pey hain.fail ho jao gi.raat din aik kar do.kamrey mein hi raho.aur beth kar parho.ziyada dair pc na chalao.
phone bhi ley lia aur zabardasti badaam aur milk ki diet.give examples of others.wo csp ban gaya to tum kiyon nahin.put pressure on you and making your life a living hell...............nonsense.

then what you do.simply lock your door.and try not to come out.
exam days are the most depressing days in my life.suicidal thoughts come in head.but marna bhi mushkil hai.

i think here the only difference b/w people like me and you is the mentality of our parents.we students are same every where.we know we can study even without having to go through this hell but parents think that the more girl or boy is in room the more he will learn.

i want to tell parents here that its not fair.we are not machines.parhai azaab lagti hai only becaz of your thinking.
aik baar csp officer ban gaey to haath nahin ayain gey.no orders,no confinements,free like birds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gulrukh For This Useful Post:
game on (Monday, November 29, 2010)

Raja4u is on a distinguished road

Quote:

AOA Game on,

It depends on one"s own aptitude and talent. There are many candidates who are very social in nature, enjoy almost every social event, and there are some candidates who are of different nature and if they involve themselves in social activities they can not concentrate on their study, therefore, they surely need to confine themselves within their home or study environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raja4u For This Useful Post:
Old Friday, November 26, 2010

axsim is on a distinguished road
It depends on mentality, nature, behaviour, intelligence, intellectualness, grabbing power, management, administration of an aspirant towards his study and / along social activities. Well I am appearing in CSS 2011 and started preparing few days back but tomorrow I am also playing a cricket match from my university in Shah Faisal ground...
so enjoy guys....and try to learn wether you are in your home or with your friends or in gathering....
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about

@axsim
time of play ?
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.

sanam jehan will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:

life is supposed to b enjoyed, seperately some other things are also there we should b reponsible for.studying does not mean breaking your social networks,arrange ur time table accordingly and obviously you are not going to study24/7,so have breaks in between.but more or less you have to give maximum time to your studies.

heated gold becomes ornaments;beated copper becomes wire;depleted stone becomes statue;so,the more pain u get in life,more valuable you become.

this is the time for tough grind and devotion towards ur goal,dont be discouraged and work as hard as you can.this is the only path which can take you to your destiny.

life is a game,nature likes the winner and loves the loser,but hates the viewer,so be the player,.....kew k game on hai

after reading all this,you must be motivated otherwise i'll replace ur brain with a book