Thursday, April 18, 2024
06:40 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, June 19, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maria khan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down I need to know

I need to know about POLITICAL ECONOMY and ECONOMICAL POLITICS. Is there any difference in these two terms or are they same?

If anybody has any idea about it then please let me know about its definition, elucidation along with its significance and drawbacks, or what else it carries. I’m seeking favor from you people’s side.

Regards
Old Monday, June 19, 2006
sara_khan

Default Unsure shot

AoA Maria sis,
I m of the view that political economy relates to the concept of economy based on political policies...both internal and external.....while economical politics mainly revolves around the given role of politics in the realm of economy ,both internal and external.....

For example, in political economy v deal with a myriad of affairs ranging from heritage to societal beliefs,technology,skill and current orientations, while in economical politics v mainly confront issues relating to barriers and non-barriers at hand.

If u look at the political economy of the third world,u wd find it clouded by the history and potential of the 3rd world...and if u look at the economical politics of the developed world, u will find it going by the wind....n hence, concepts like digital divide and widening gap.....In nutshell,political economy is what v the 3rd worldians r employing and harvesting at the moment and the economical politics shows the jet-whizzling of the western economy by lessening more and more the political leverage over economic policies and orientations,say by lessening state control over economic enterprises...

I wd really b grateful for ur comments....
Allah haafiz.
Old Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maria khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_khan
AoA Maria sis,
I m of the view that political economy relates to the concept of economy based on political policies...both internal and external.

For example, in political economy v deal with a myriad of affairs ranging from heritage to societal beliefs,technology,skill and current orientations.

If u look at the political economy of the third world,u wd find it clouded by the history and potential of the 3rd world. In nutshell,political economy is what v the 3rd worldians r employing and harvesting at the moment
Here u have interpreted right exactly the term "Political economy", i.e. the economy which is based on political policies is said to be political economy. Here u have given the example of 3rd world. My question is this that why you don't consider the economy of Power Bloc in the category of "political economy", aren't their political policies have any impact on their fast development?

Quote:
...and if u look at the economical politics of the developed world, u will find it going by the wind....n hence, concepts like digital divide and widening gap....the economical politics shows the jet-whizzling of the western economy by lessening more and more the political leverage over economic policies and orientations,say by lessening state control over economic enterprises....
In this regards I would like u to brief out the so mentioned concepts of "Digital divide and widening gap".

Power bolc has designed such economical policies that could maintain and support their economical and political dominance at global level. Well, thats what IMF and WTO are doing, thats the reason why they are now confronting great opposition from the side of G-77.

I would like u to extend this discussion, as still my concepts are not clear.

Thx for giving me ur favor in the past.

ALLAH PE AMAN