Friday, March 29, 2024
04:37 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, January 07, 2011

Muser is on a distinguished road
Default Pros and cons of life abroad

Hey all,

Those with the experience of living or having lived abroad, please share the pros and cons of settling there; observations/personal experiences please .

Thanks.

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Positives

1) Foreign exposure

2) Professional attitude building

3) Growth of Positive approach

4) Personality development

5) Tolerance level enhancement

6) Patriotic feelings

7) Nice earnings

Negatives

1) Cultural differences

2) Weather

3) Diplomatic Racism

4) Social problems

5) Distant family interaction

I just recalled a verse of Hazrat Sultan Bahu (RA):

Shala Musafir koi na thheeway, kakhh jinha-n to paa-ray hoo
tali maar uda na Bahoo, asa-n aapay uddan-haaray hoo

Please listen following verses and you could easily get all Cons:

http://www.youtube.com/v/yM_jwiTA2ic

Regards

Gulrukh (Friday, January 07, 2011), Khanewalian (Friday, January 07, 2011), kingfalcon (Sunday, January 09, 2011), Mahvish Shahid (Friday, January 07, 2011), Muser (Friday, January 07, 2011)
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
Hey all,

Those with the experience of living or having lived abroad, please share the pros and cons of settling there; observations/personal experiences please .

Thanks.
yar i've not visited abroad but i've seen people n my relatives who leave our country in search of better future. by observing their lifestyle i've seen the following pros n cons of life abroad.

positive points:

abroad there are many chances of earning money as compare to motherland n exchanging solid currency with soft one is just amazing.

cultural change n change in life style. a paindu person is changed into an up to date person after spending some years abroad special in European n American countries.

a person living abroad can also arrange visas for other needy people on sponsorship if he/she posseses the citizenship of particular country.

u've opportunity to study along with job in well reputed institutions so chances of better education.

-ve,

life abroad is very tough in the beginning, its a sort of starting new life.

its all about attachment, once you are used to, you will be able to live anywhere.

my cousin say i miss my country very much on speical occasions of eid, marriages etc

there is problem of cultural identity n abt children abroad cz there will be merged in another society.

people also face problems while marrying their daughters abroad cz they dont want make her part of that system n try to marry her in homeland where there is big problem for girls to be adjusted.

there is much diversity, a person may come back to motherland, but his/her children will never accept the country of their parents.
Gulrukh (Friday, January 07, 2011), Muser (Sunday, January 09, 2011)
Old Saturday, January 08, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

+ve
When a person from conservative society goes and settle in a liberal society, s/he develops tolerance for other cultures/religions and becomes a better personality. His/her outlook of life changed and s/he achieved new highs in career and personal life.

-ve

s/he becomes a "split personality" means torn between 2 worlds and remains confused all his/her life and unable to decide which one is right or wrong. Although, such a person gains a lot financially but psychologically suffers all his remaining life.
Muser (Sunday, January 09, 2011)
Old Monday, January 10, 2011
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

It depends on where you're thinking of going and your reasons for relocating i.e, ur goals. If its education, think in terms of what discipline you want to pursue and how u r gonna finance ur degree. For eg, the best degrees in Politics or International relations are in UK universities. But University education can be pretty expensive in UK. Living in UK even with a good job can also be very costly compared to other destinations. Scholarships are also flimsier in UK than in continental Europe or USA etc. Job market in UK is also suffering these days.

Job market is pretty bad in USA too but cost of living is a little lower than UK. Germany gives out huge amounts of scholarships to university students (it can almost be free), but they dont have too many jobs, nor do they allow easy immigration later on. Australia and Canada are great places too, but Canada's opportunities are shrinking day by day. Australia's economy is doing a bit better relatively.

There are a lot of factors u may want to consider. Ive only given you a pattern of thinking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aphrodite For This Useful Post:
kingfalcon (Tuesday, January 11, 2011), Muser (Tuesday, February 01, 2011)
Old Saturday, February 05, 2011

yasirqureshi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
It depends on where you're thinking of going and your reasons for relocating i.e, ur goals. If its education, think in terms of what discipline you want to pursue and how u r gonna finance ur degree. For eg, the best degrees in Politics or International relations are in UK universities. But University education can be pretty expensive in UK. Living in UK even with a good job can also be very costly compared to other destinations. Scholarships are also flimsier in UK than in continental Europe or USA etc. Job market in UK is also suffering these days.

Job market is pretty bad in USA too but cost of living is a little lower than UK. Germany gives out huge amounts of scholarships to university students (it can almost be free), but they dont have too many jobs, nor do they allow easy immigration later on. Australia and Canada are great places too, but Canada's opportunities are shrinking day by day. Australia's economy is doing a bit better relatively.

There are a lot of factors u may want to consider. Ive only given you a pattern of thinking.
I think that Aphrodite has already given a comprehensive reply to the topic. I would like to add that a competent person makes his space wherever he goes.

I wish all the best to all those aspiring to live in abroad.
Old Sunday, November 02, 2014

soft rock is on a distinguished road
Cool A cooment with fully sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
Hey all,

Thanks.
Implications vary from person to person, some migrate with whole of family while others settle there individually, Anyhow I would add some text to this thread....

A. Weaknesses..

1. Lack of physical touch with children and life partner .

2. been unaware of how children are raising ..

3. staying untouched from the educational concerns of children

4. Mot realizing how life-partner experiences life without soul-mate.

5. Been unaware of who are the mates of children out there in street, village, town or city.

6. Lack of guardianship at family level over all.

7. Weak physical and mental health of children due to feeling of papa aloof..

8. Children feeling like orphans even in the presence of father.

9. Life-Partner feeling needy to find the space filled up, left vacant by life-Partner.

10. weak bond and poor intimacy due to being aloof in foreign country from family.

11. Feeling hesitaion if any bad news is heard in foreign, or then readily leaving then facing difficulty when getting back to home becomes inevitable due to super soft feelings in case of any mortality.

12. No proper facility for outing of children and life-Partner, which is essential for refreshment and breathing some fresh air.

13. Lack of interaction with friends, making the bonds of friendship weak, life can not be lived alone at family level, while been away from country makes is arduous to stay in touch with friends from foreign as one can do at host country.

14.Often meeting Izrael (A.S), becomes a life-long feeling of emptiness from inside of family members at host country, the feelings which make them later hard from inside.

15. And much more..

B. Strengths..

1. Adding to foreign exchange of the countries on both side.

2. Flaunting talent of concerned country and invest it for the benefit of humanity at foreign.

3. Adding to soft-image of the country abroad.

4. Alleviating the problem of unemployment.

5. Alleviating the ratio of national poverty.

6. Finding some sort of security of job.

7. Supporting the literacy rate of state from abroad when children get quality educational facilities...

8. Making relatives and friends feel the need to do something productive in for less fortunate self and state.

9. Becoming a source of strengthening foreign relations.

10. Teaching country adding value to life.

11. Advertising some cultural trends abroad...

12. Making the state deal economic issues easily.

13. Making the state improve the quality of life of people easily.

14. Some good name for self-and-state

15. And much more...

Last edited by soft rock; Sunday, November 02, 2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Wrong quoting..
Old Sunday, November 02, 2014

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

I spent some time abroad and now am back in Pakistan. But now I feel like this country is going down and I did a mistake.
Old Tuesday, November 04, 2014

faisalmasoodqasim is on a distinguished road

Pros: U can earn more money whereas in Pakistan its mostly not possible.
Cons: Your may feel difficulty in living and working alone in strange people.